Bronze Star Contributor
TurnerBrewer

BBC AMERICA moved to Sports/ Entertainment Pkg?

I lost BBC AMERICA plus several other channels from my Preferred Digital TV package yesterday? The 1-800 Customer Rep told me that BBC and the missing channels were moved to the Sports/Entertainment package as part of the Feb rate increase for the Atlanta market.
Can anyone else confirm this?

Thanks
Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

Re: BBC AMERICA moved to Sports/ Entertainment Pkg?

That information "should" have been included in your last couple of bills.

Recognized Contributor

TurnerBrewer wrote:
I lost BBC AMERICA plus several other channels from my Preferred Digital TV package yesterday? The 1-800 Customer Rep told me that BBC and the missing channels were moved to the Sports/Entertainment package as part of the Feb rate increase for the Atlanta market.

Thanks

What was the rate increase for Digital Preferred for the Atlanta market?  It would be interesting to know what is ahead for other markets around the country.  Comcast may be using the Atlanta market as a "guinea pig" for testing pricing plan, channel re-packaging and channel-lineup changes before imposing those plans nationwide.

Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

That is strange, as in the Denver area they moved BBC America from Digital Preferred to Digital Starter (sure hope this doesn't jinx Denver)..  Of course they also moved a few channels from Digital Srarter to Digital Preferred (like TCM and CMT)..

Bronze Star Contributor
TurnerBrewer

The preferred tier rate increase for the Atlanta market went from $80 to $83. The blast Internet also went up a few bucks...
I am in a Double Play promo with Preferred Tv and Blast Internet for $89 a month. This is the third time I have received this Promo from retentions....
Recognized Contributor

In my area (Seattle/Tacoma), BBC America was moved down from Digital Preferred to Digital Starter.

Sounds to me like even though Comcast is a "national" company, it is comprised of local or regional cable systems that were acquired over the years and which (for regulatory compliance reasons as well as for other business reasons) are still operated as local entities for contract negotiation purposes.

The other possibility is that BBC America and Comcast have agreed to "test market" different pricing schemes and packages for BBC America in different markets around the country.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

TurnerBrewer wrote:
I lost BBC AMERICA plus several other channels from my Preferred Digital TV package yesterday?

Thanks

What are the other channels?

I've sent a message to one of the Comcast employees who posts in the forum and requested that he review this topic and find out what's going on.. 

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

TurnerBrewer wrote:

Thanks

Apologies for any confusion we caused.

I checked with our Atlanta programming team today and they confirmed that BBC America has not moved to the Sports Entertainment Package. 

I will have someone take a look at your account to see what the issue may be. Someone on the Comcast Atlanta team will contact you directly. 

Bronze Star Contributor
TurnerBrewer

I really appreciate the attention this post received. Thank you all. The CSR that I spoke with must have been very misinformed.  The channels that were not authorized were BBC America, Speed, Smithsonian. 

The CSR was adamant that the channels were moved to the Sports/Ent package.  I asked here twice to double check.  After the recent rate hikes and other issues that I have had with my TV service this was the last straw.  So, the very next day I took my CableCard and HDDVR box to the nearest Comcast office (32 miles away) and cancelled my TV service.

I was a satellite TV customer for 15 years prior to switching to Comcast and I have never been so disappointed in a TV product like I have with Comcast.  The only reason that I switched from DirecTV was the appeal of the Comcast TV/Internet Double play initial low rate. I purchased a TIVO after a week of using the terrible IGUIDE on my HDDVR. Comcast is so far behind the competition yet Comcast think they can charge premium rates for an inferior product.  I still have Comcast internet which works great.  Maybe I will be back if Comcast can get its act together and iron out the bugs that plague the X1. 

Recognized Contributor

TurnerBrewer wrote:

I really appreciate the attention this post received. Thank you all. The CSR that I spoke with must have been very misinformed.  The channels that were not authorized were BBC America, Speed, Smithsonian. 

The CSR was adamant that the channels were moved to the Sports/Ent package.  I asked here twice to double check.  After the recent rate hikes and other issues that I have had with my TV service this was the last straw.  So, the very next day I took my CableCard and HDDVR box to the nearest Comcast office (32 miles away) and cancelled my TV service.

I was a satellite TV customer for 15 years prior to switching to Comcast and I have never been so disappointed in a TV product like I have with Comcast.  The only reason that I switched from DirecTV was the appeal of the Comcast TV/Internet Double play initial low rate. I purchased a TIVO after a week of using the terrible IGUIDE on my HDDVR. Comcast is so far behind the competition yet Comcast think they can charge premium rates for an inferior product.  I still have Comcast internet which works great.  Maybe I will be back if Comcast can get its act together and iron out the bugs that plague the X1. 

Earth to Comcast:  Is anybody at corporate listening?

I know this is a user-to-user forum, but it sounds like the above-referenced Comcast customer exhausted their patience.

In my market, Seattle/Tacoma, I subscribe to Digital Preferred and at this time, BBC America, Speed, Smithsonian, NatGeo, Military and a whole bunch of cool channels are included in my lineup. 

Personally, I'm on a one-year Triple Play promo and am quite happy with an awesome choice of channels  - .but reading posts like this one have reminded me that what Comcast giveth, Comcast can taketh away.........