Contributor
mikemey474

BBC America HD

Since my question was NOT answered and the thread was closed for no good reason, I am reposting.

For the record, my area does NOT currently have BBC America HD.

My bill says this is coming, but it's about as clear as mud as to when and what channel.

So, tell me what channel BBC America HD is going to be on in Chester County, PA and when we're going to get it.

I have the HD Premier XF Triple Play package.  My bill shows channel numbers I don't get, so why doesn't someone clear this up?

Oh wait, its Comcast, that won't happen.

I would appreciate that this thread REMAIN OPEN and not be closed by some over-zealous moderator.

Thank you.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: BBC America HD

The thread was marked as answered, so no more posts for different area's should be added as they won't get any attention.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

This is mainly a user to user forum no one  here can answer that question for you.  What do you mean your bill shows channel numbers you don't get?   You need to call comcast but they probably won't know the answer either.  You migh have it now and not know, I didn't know I had it until I noticed that I had channels in the 1200-1600 range. 

BBC HD in NJ  is channel 1225

Have you gone here and put in your address to see what is available to you?

http://www.comcast.com/programming/channellineup/all.html

Contributor
mikemey474

rog286713 wrote:

This is mainly a user to user forum no one  here can answer that question for you.  What do you mean your bill shows channel numbers you don't get?   You need to call comcast but they probably won't know the answer either.  You migh have it now and not know, I didn't know I had it until I noticed that I had channels in the 1200-1600 range. 

BBC HD in NJ  is channel 1225

Have you gone here and put in your address to see what is available to you?

http://www.comcast.com/programming/channellineup/all.html

Yep, done that, no joy.

My guide doesn't show any channels above 900ish.  Neither does xfinity tv.

So until someone who knows answers, I'll wait paitently. 

Aside to JayInAlg:  Your snark is unappreciated, and has been reported to moderators. 

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

mikemey474 wrote:

So, tell me what channel BBC America HD is going to be on in Chester County, PA and when we're going to get it.

No one here can give you that answer. And customer service probably can't either. If the channel is scheduled to be added, the technical department has to decide where in the channel line up it will go and implement the changes.This can take a few weeks or a few months. Perhaps someone at Comcast corporate customer service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com) can answer your question.
Contributor
Nikki_j

I don't think it's a bad idea to ask questions in the forum about channels since we get very little to no information anywhere else.  Plus, ComcastTeds (Comcast Employee) has been providing answers and updates in other forums about upcoming channel releases.

Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

Nikki_j wrote:

I don't think it's a bad idea to ask questions in the forum about channels since we get very little to no information anywhere else.  Plus, ComcastTeds (Comcast Employee) has been providing answers and updates in other forums about upcoming channel releases.

Have to agree, and if no help from forum members (I don't think there are any "snark" comments on this thread) then the info on other routes to Comcast are helpful:

You're not actually
getting the CEO but someone in that office.

Brian Roberts, CEO
Comcast Corporate Office
1500 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
215-286-8960

brian_roberts@comcast.com

And the aforementioned:

To get help, you can drop a note to Comcast corporate customer service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com).

For the quickest response, please include:
Your full name;
Service address;
Phone number & an alternate number if possible;
Account number;
A link to your post.