New Visitor
petrina63

BBC America on Demand

I used to be able to get BBC America on Demand so I could watch it whenever. It has disappeared. It was one of the main reasons I went with Comcast. Recently I was able to access some content via my laptop, but that's asking me to buy season one shows want to catch up on like, The Hours, Luther, and White Chapel. When I call my local Comcast they can't help even although it used to be available. How come my bill keeps going up but they remove channels!

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: BBC America on Demand

BBC america might not have any current shows for release to on demand.  They are the ones that give the shows over to comcast to be shown.

Bronze Star Contributor

Re: BBC America on Demand

I still have BBC America on my on demand here in NE Florida, but the only one of your shows listed is "The Hours," the others are not there (although most of their other shows are.) Season 1 of Luther is available on Netflix streaming, however Whitechapel is only available on DVD through them.  One thing to hope for is that when BBCA gets ready to air the next season of a show, they generally do a "marathon" of the preceding seasons.

Also, if you happen to be an Amazon Prime member, seasons 1 and 2 of Whitechapel and Luther, and season 1 and "the sequel" of The Hour are available to stream free as part of your Prime membership. (Roku makes it easy to do on the television, otherwise on the iPhone/tablet or pc are the options.

petrina63 wrote:

I used to be able to get BBC America on Demand so I could watch it whenever. It has disappeared. It was one of the main reasons I went with Comcast. Recently I was able to access some content via my laptop, but that's asking me to buy season one shows want to catch up on like, The Hours, Luther, and White Chapel. When I call my local Comcast they can't help even although it used to be available. How come my bill keeps going up but they remove channels!