New Visitor
Nickison09

BeInSports Channel - covering soccer leagues we'll no longer have on Sports Tier

A new sports channel (BeInSports) recently bought the US rights for Italian and Spanish soccer games, taking them away from GolTV and Fox Soccer.. 2 channels I get on my sports tier.

WHen the channel starts in August, I really think Comcast should pick it up. Because the channels we're already paying for are going to be devalued with the losses of these properties, it's my sincere hope that it's balanced out with the offering of this new channel later this summer.

Thanks for your serious consideration. 

Recognized Contributor
medziatkowicz

Re: BeInSports Channel - covering soccer leagues we'll no longer have on Sports Tier

It all depends on how much the network wants per subscriber. If the network wants $1.50 per sub it will be easy to probably sign on. Now if they want $3.50 or $4.00 per sub then they have some work to do.

It also depends on where the channel wants placed. Some might want to be ppv like neo cricket. Some might want placed in the preferred package like espn news and espnu. Some might not care and will be placed in the sports tier.

So I don't think there will be a deal soon. Plus they also have to look at how much bandwidth the systems have to add the channel I guess.

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

Re: BeInSports Channel - covering soccer leagues we'll no longer have on Sports Tier

You think we had a bad enough time getting Comcast to add Fox Soccer HD... getting BeinSports will be even harder especially considering who the owner is. Think about the controvery that happens around here (and quick thread lock) anytime that owner is mentioned. I won't mention the owner by name but Google the network you'll quickly understand what I mean.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

With that owner impossible might be a better term to describe the chances of getting this channel.

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

Exactly. If you really love soccer then your best option is to jump to DirecTV. I got a feeling they'll carry BeinSports right when its launches or shortly after. Not to mention DirecTV also has Fox Soccer HD and GolTV HD nationwide in HD but sadly Fox Soccer Plus HD at this time is a part time HD channel (meaning its only on live in HD during live games). Also DirecTV has exclusive rights to UEFA Champions League games that aren't on the Fox sports networks (ie: Fox Soccer, Soccer Plus, and the regional Fox Sports Nets) so there's multiple channels offering games you don't get elsewhere in full HD. Plus dedicated channels for La Liga coverage again only on DirecTV. Plus MLS Direct Kick with nearly every game in HD (for $79 a year but worth it for me). Oh and right you still have the ESPN family for the games they carry and NBC Sports for their rare MLS broadcast.

So yes its a clear choice. DirecTV is the best provider for soccer period. Comcast just can't and will never be able to compete.

Contributor
MVBarcaFan

I agree wholeheartedly. Unfortunately for those of us living in apartments, Comcast is the only way to go. The best solution for all of those who will need BeIn Sports is to simply write to Comcast and urge them to get it. Customer demand controls, right?

Contributor
chrislynchcable

[ Edited ]

I'm wondering about this as well. Not sure whether to restart my cable tv service with comcast or not. I just use them for internet, and am debating get a different service that I know will have this channel and goltv in hd. My mom has comcast and its got fsc-hd and goltv -sd, so at least FSC is in hd in my town. I just watch her tv for games anyways, unless I'm at my Dad's place, who has dish, so pretty much any game we watch is covered on someone's tv, lol.

Once the crazy people find out who owns BeIn Sports, I'm sure Comcast will buckle to the incoming pressure. All it's going to take is one guy on Foxnews calling them terrorist, and we know what happens next...

New Visitor
Nickison09

I guess I don't get why Al Jezeera owning the network changes things. It's not like the channel itself is going to be have anti-USA government propaganda. It's a sports network. Comcast is a distributor. If its clients want the product, they'd be smart to offer it. It's a business move, period.

With sports becoming the last DVR-proof thing on TV along with Awards shows - and the growing Hispanic population who would love watching La Liga and Serie A, Comcast would be smart to figure this out ASAP. 

Otherwise, I don't think Comcast's shareholders will appreciate young, affluent sports fans subscribers jumping ship to satellite.

It's not personal, it's business. 

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

New Visitor
Nasser99

i think you guys don't know much about Al Jazeera Sport
In my opinion, It's a great sport network.

in my country i can watch every single game in Uefa Champions league , Seria A and La Liga by paying 100$ per year.
they broadcast the 8 Champions league games live in one time but in USA i can just watch 2 games, so sometimes i can't watching Chelsea games. i really miss Al jazeera sport here.  
here ! i can just watch 2 games in the La Liga every week, maybe one game in Seria A !

about Bein Sport i think you should read what they have done in France .
they will be most successful sport network in USA and the cheapest one.