Bronze Star Contributor

Boomerang Channel

Please Comcast add the "BOOMERANG CHANNEL" to my channel line up in Philadelphia.

Contributor

Re: Boomerang Channel

Add Harrisburg, PA to that wish list as well.  Much better cartoons for my kids to watch than some of the other "Toon" networks.
Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Boomerang is probably the most requested network for Comcast to add.

I would also like to have it added.

I'm wondering why they refuse to add it to the line-up even with all the requests for it.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

By me, there is a limited selection OnDemand.

I think Comcast is more focused on adding HD channels right now, where it has room.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

Andy, the key words are limited selection OnDemand.

Right now, looking at the Boomerang OnDemand episodes I see

The Jetsons (1 episode)

Powerpuff Girls (5 episodes)

Scooby Doo (1 episode)

Snorks (1 episode)

Tom and Jerry (1 episode)

Yogi Bear (1 episode)

Since I don't care for Powerpuff Girls, I have a whopping 5 cartoons to watch.

The full channel would at least give me more than 5 choices.

While you are probably correct about adding HD, Boomerang has been requested since BEFORE the HD push.

Message Edited by Queen-Evie on 05-08-2009 07:24 PM

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

At least they're pushing HD -- much preferred to when it was phones.
Bronze Star Contributor

Let's ask the "Admin Mod" Why doesn't Comcast add the "BOOMERANG CHANNEL" to Philadelphia comcast digital channel line up??? Most customers would like to have it sine we alredy have "BOOOMERANG ONDEMAND"(Which doesn't have enough content available).
Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Why stop at Philadelphia? I still want to know why one of the most requested channels everywhere isn't available to all who want it.

Bronze Star Contributor

"ComcastSherrii" When will Comcast add the "Boomerang Channels" in every comcast market?
Bronze Star Contributor
WWEwrestling

I too enjoy the content on On Demand and would love for Boomerang to come to Comcast.  Hopefully they continue to play Scooby Doo Where Are You? Episodes in order.

Official Website: http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwe247/

Bronze Star Contributor

Great new for the carriage agreements with ESPNU and ESPN 360 and the NFL Network now can someone please work on getting the "Boomerang Channel" carried with comcast.
Cable Expert
cypherx

Yeah it took them a few years but they finally reached agreement with ESPNU!  So the only SD channels that I'm really missing would be Boomerang, Fuel, Chiller and Sleuth.

Now bring those channels in, along with expanding HD and we'll be pretty happy customers! 

Bronze Star Contributor

Boomerang Channel

Comcast what will it take to add the "Boomerang Channel" to the city of Philadelphia?(Moderator's please respond to comcast customers)
Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Comcast forum moderator notified.
Silver Problem Solver
andyross

Boomerang and BBCAmerica HD seem to be some of the most common non-sports channels people want added, based on the posts I see here and elsewhere.
Recognized Contributor

We have BBC but it seems to be a channel that I never get around to watching.I have looked at the lineup  looks like some interesting shows.They actually have 3 channels plus the hd and over here we only get a mix of choice shows??
Regular Contributor

I would love boomerang! I like watching some scooby doo occasionally and only have access to it via on-demand. Not such a big deal but they only put one show per week usually. I can watch tons of the smurfs, thundercats, and other stuff, but only 1 scooby doo. (And the boomerang on demand stopped adding it last week or two. only wb on demand has it.)
Bronze Star Contributor

Mod's-I think comcast customers want the "Boomerang Channel" Please pass it on to the President of Comcast.
New Visitor

I would love to get Boomerang in the Chicago market.  What can we do to make it happen?
Visitor

Come on PLEASE add Boomerang to the Massachusetts area also!
Bronze Star Contributor

Thank's for LOCKING the other Boomerang Thread. Unbelivable. Listen to you Loyal Comcast customers and please add the "BOOMERANG CHANNEL".  This channel should be available for comcast since we already recieve all the other Turner Channels(Cartoon Network, TCM, TBS &TNT) and Boomerang Ondemand. And you wonder why people leave comcast and go to DIRECTV. I ONLY reason I say with Comcast is because of Comcast Sportsnet Philly.
Bronze Star Contributor

Any other COMCAST CUSTOMERS want the "BOOMERANG CHANNEL"??? Inform the MOD's You want your "BOOMERANG CHANNEL" Mod's the comcast Loyal customers have spoken!!! Please add this channel.
Email Expert
JR071702

People,

You are not going to get the Boomerang Channel by posting about it here.    The best thing to do is to call your local Comcast office and make it known that you would like to see this channel added.

This goes for any other channels being requested by people in this topic - NASA TV, Sentana Sport Channel, etc.

This thread is now going to be locked as well.

JR

Bronze Problem Solver
lunski

This thread is remaining locked.
George Lunski
"Retired" Comcast Help Forums Administrator
Bronze Star Contributor

BOOMERANG

Why no "BOOMERANG CHANNEL"  from Comcast or whatever there going it these day's (XFINITY?)

New Visitor
pixietears

Re: BOOMERANG

I would love to have boomerang to.

Bronze Star Contributor

Mod's- Comcast customers want their "BOOMERANG"

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

There is already a Boomerang thread...

Bronze Star Contributor

Another Boomerang request

Please add the Boomerang channel so that my kids can watch the Classic cartoons that I grew up with. Cartoon network does not provide the Classics. Thanks Comcast of Garden State, NJ
Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: Another Boomerang request

To quote Dete:

Adding channels to the line-up is a marketing decision and this help forum isn't the place to share your interest. I'd suggest completing a "channel request" here - https://secure.opinionlab.com/ccc01/comment_card.asp?width=1215&height=911&referer=http%3A//www.comc...

1. Select "suggestion" is the drop down menu

2. Enter text

3. Select "enter"

I am also locking the thread to additional posts.

New Visitor
New Visitor

Boomerang

My kids would love to have this channel in our line up in Charleston, SC. My husband and I too for that matter.

New Visitor
rjcher

Darn... I just put in xfinity under a 2 year contract without checking channels.  Figured they would at least match UVerse which I just removed.  Turns out no boomerang.  I would not have switched if I new the stations would not be the same as Uverse.  This just sucks.  By the way on a side note, my system had to be reset 3 times already due to issues.  Is this normal for a new subsriber?

New Visitor
Looneytoons016

Please add Boomerang for Massachusettes. I love these old cartoons. it was a better time when TV was actually funny.

Service Expert
Again

Looneytoons016 wrote:

Please add Boomerang for Massachusettes. I love these old cartoons. it was a better time when TV was actually funny.

Call your local franchise and ask them to add it.  This is a customer-to-customer support forum and there is nothing we can do about adding channels.

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
--- Lao Tzu ---

"I am you and you are me. Teach me about you and I will teach you about me, and we'll find we aren't so different after all."
--- © James Scott 2012

New Visitor
jvelez0528

DOES COMCAST HATE BOOMERANG!!!

[ Edited ]

Just switched over from Directv because I could not install it in my new home. So far Comcast has one strike against them (Concerning installation). Now strike two is the lack of Boomerang on any package here in the UNion County area in the state of NJ. 2012 and every cable and satellite provider has this channel in this area except Comcast. I did not sign a contract so they way I see it, one more strike and I'm out. If you live in NJ and want Boomerang, please add to this thread and start a petition to support.

Thank you.

New Visitor
Mar124

Boomerang channel

Please!!!!! I pledge you add boomerang channel to your cable packages I love the service you offer but we need and want this boomerang channel. Please add it, I'll be very thankfull.
New Visitor
ajstorm1

Re: Add Channels

Can we please have the Boomerang channel? It appeals to a wide array of audience. Many demographics would enjoy it, and it also is better than majority of the cartoons shown on nick, Disney, and cartoon network. 

New Visitor
whitfield4212

Add the Cartoon network Boomerang Channel

I would like to see the Boomerang channel added to the line up.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Add the Cartoon network Boomerang Channel

I have asked for over 10 years for it. 

New Visitor
bboddie2313

WE WANT BOOMERANG!!!

[ Edited ]

Cartoon Network has a channel called "Boomerang" that shows the classic cartoons, the way Cartoon Network was when they first came to Comcast. Now it's all Adult Swim and they basically show the same adult cartoons that Fox and TBS air. During the day it's all Tom And Jerry and Looney Tunes. That's fine, but what about The Flintstones, Yogi Bear, The Jetsons, and all the classic Hanna-Barbera, and Warner Brothers stuff? Do we really need Adult Swim? I mean does anyone really watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force? Bring back the classic cartoons! PLEASE add Boomerang! We're getting tired of Family Guy and American Dad!. I mean they're on about 5 other channels we have!

New Visitor
bboddie2313

Re: The Blaze Network

[ Edited ]

On the feedback link, nothing there about requesting channels. And everytime I call my local office all I get is an automated operator. Nothing there about requesting channels either. Only add service, pay bill, service trouble, etc. I would like to have the Boomerang Channel added. Cartoon Network's classic cartoon channel. I have about 10 HBO's 6 Starz, 10 MTV's 6 Nick's but only ONE Cartoon Network and it's the one that shows Adult Swim 24/7. Never heard of Blaze, but since I'm on that forum, I'll vote Aye too! I went to the link and posted my request under suggestions. Maybe that will work (hopefully)

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: WE WANT BOOMERANG!!!

so let me correct you.  Boomerang came out in the year 2000 its not new.   I have been asking comcast for 13 years to put it on.    Still nothing.   

New Visitor
bboddie2313

[ Edited ]

WOW! Well I just recently started seeing ads about Boomerang. I just assumed it was new. Adult Swim bites! I have about 10 HBO's 6 Starz, 10 MTV's 6 Nick's but only ONE Cartoon Network 

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

im with you.  I want my magilla gorilla and wonder twins

New Visitor
bboddie2313

Is willing to trade MTV for Boomerang. I DON'T want my MTV anymore. Comcast Gadsden Al. I have called local office. All I get is automated BS.

New Visitor
daw12785

My autistic 33 year old son, loves cartoons and wants to know when Comcast (in Portland, OR area) will have it available for him.  Would be very happy to give up music channels for it.

Visitor
lissa66

new channels

i want boomerang to be added and universal sports to come back.

Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

Re: new channels

*The customer feedback form can be found by going to www.comcast.com and scrolling to the very bottom of the page.  Click on 'Comcast.com Feedback'. 

Visitor
pscott520

Boomerang!

Are there any plans for Comcast to add Boomerang?  Especially in Scranton, PA?  A lot of people, myself included, want this channel.  Would love to be able to watch classic cartoons and am seriously considering switching to Directv to get this channel.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Re: Boomerang!

[ Edited ]

Have you contacted Boomerang directly? There is a long ongoing request for that channel in certain areas of PA and NJ.

This post was now moved to the link I provided.

Comcast, or Lithium, if you are reading this I know the idea is to keep threads linked together by the subject and content. But moving something to a similar thread does still not answer the original question.

Is communicating to the customers that provide you with the economic base to provide services (Comcast) or the money that the service provider gets to pay the forum provider (Lithium) such a hard thing to do?