Bronze Star Contributor

Boomerang Channel

Please Comcast add the "BOOMERANG CHANNEL" to my channel line up in Philadelphia.

Contributor

Boomerang

Why with all the filler channels that are on Comcast cable we dont have one that myself and my kids love. I used to be a Dish owner and was talked into coming to Comcast and that they had Boomerang. Nope they dont. It is on their On Demand and that is junk it only has a few episodes. I am going to leave Comcast if they dont add this channel to the line up. How do I go about getting it added to Comcast's line up? If the powers that be are reading this will you please add this to the line up. I dont think we need another shopping network or spanish channel.
Cable Expert
cypherx

Re: Boomerang

Add me to the list of people wanting Boomerang.  Also user Timstack on here wants it as well.

I don't know why Comcast refuses to add it.  It's family value programming of older cartoons that we grew up with.  I would like to show this type of programming to kids growing up because today's programming isn't as good in my opinion.

It's not like they should be charging Comcast an arm and a leg for carrage rights.  This isn't sports programming were talking about.  Requesting channels like Boomerang, ESPN-U, and more HD channels are like talking to a brick wall at Comcast.
Bronze Star Contributor

I glad someone else started this thread instead of me. I have been requesting Boomerang channel for about 5 years now from comcast via phone and e-mail and from this forum. There is no reason why the largest cable company in the U.S. does not carry this channel. It also does not make sense that we have Boomerang Ondemand(which **bleep**'s) and don't have the channel. There are comcast markets that do have Boomerang like Atlanta, Jackson, MS and I believe Salt Lake city, UT. I have even been told by the moderators on this forum to not bring up the Boomerang subject anymore. It also doesn't make that we receive all the other Turner Channels here in Philly(TCM,TNT,Cartoon Network etc:smileywink: and not Boomerang. If you live in the Philly area please e-mail comcast and let them know you want Boomerang.
New Visitor

I would really like to have Boomerang too!
Contributor

I am glad to see others are wanting this also. My son and daughter will be in college by the time comcast gets it together and puts it in the line up. Then I wont have an excuse to watch my favorite cartoons. Really would it kill them to add it. I cant believe some mods said not to bring it up. I have called and called and now I am trying this. If i have to watch cartoons at least old school toons would be cool. Who do I have to call? I guess i really switch back to Dish.
Bronze Star Contributor

I want the full Boomerang channel too here in Flint, Michigan. the cartoons on Nick, Cartoon Network (half are anime) and Toon Disney are terrible. "bandwidth limitations" is not an excuse. there's plenty of bandwidth. just convert the garbage channels to digital. today's cartoons are terrible. Family Guy and The Simpsons aren't funny any more and need to be cancelled.
Regular Contributor

Chalk up another customer here who wants Boomerang.

Comcast drops the ball again. A simple cartoon channel....
Contributor

So now what do we do? Who do we call? I have called and they dont care. Maybe Comcast will care when it doesnt have any subscribers. You give the customers what they want. We are paying for junk. Comcast is the most expensive and they cant put it on? If anyone has a number to call that can make a change let me know.
Bronze Star Contributor

Attn:Moderator's-What does it take for Comcast to add the "Boomerang Channel"???
Bronze Star Contributor

moderators don't read these boards.
Contributor

Who reads this stuff other than us. Comcast is so huge they probably dont care what their customers want. It porbably takes an act of congress to get a new channel. Maybe if i ask them to add the Spanish version it might happen.
Cable Expert
cypherx

I know that they read the Comcast TV and HSI forums over at broadbandreports.com.  I would imagine that they read this as well.

Mod's read the forums to make sure posts are on topic and not slanderous.  Not sure if they actually have time to forward requests, but there are many lurkers that research the internet to see what people are saying.  It's hard for us to believe it because they never speak up, but believe it.
Cable Expert
WarEagle57

The Comcast moderators frequently intervene to assist in solving customer problems posted here, but I'm not sure they have any leverage in adding channels.  :smileymischief:
Visitor

I want Boomerang too.
I'm more than a little miffed that they took the TV Guide channel and a few others away from those of us with basic cable.  They're trying to bully us into getting the more expensive digital cable.
Bronze Star Contributor

they took away TV Guide channel? oh no, how on earth will you know whats on? if only there were some kind of website to tell you...

Cable Expert
cypherx

LOL TomCat.

I just push the red "Guide" button on my remote control.  You know, then I can CONTROL IT with the arrow keys.  No waiting around a half hour for the slow TV Guide channel scroller.  On the TV Guide channel the channel listings get smaller and smaller while more junk videos get larger every year.  And if you want to watch the junk videos, TV-Guide has a free video on demand content off of channel 1.
Visitor

Ha ha, Mr. Funny Tomcat!
I just find it annoying that they have us all by the short hairs.  They're telling us that if we want an onscreen TV guide, we have to subscribe to the more expensive digital cable.
Cyperx, I don't have a comcast remote.  I just have their basic cable, non-digital.  No DVR, no converter box, and the remotes that came with my TV and VCR.
Cable Expert
cypherx

You were misinformed.  To get the guide it's only $1 more a month for the set top box and remote.  That's not a whole new expensive digital package.  It's called digital starter.  I would ask about it if I were you, you will have some free video on demand as well.
Visitor

Will that all work with my VCRs too?
I'm considering getting their DVR thingy, but I do have to call them to find out about all this stuff.
They took away some channels too, in their most recent switch.  None that I really watched, but I just hate it that unless we want a dish network, we're **bleep** by Comcast.  They can do whatever they want and we have no choice but to take it.

Thanks!
Contributor

I don't understand why Boomerang is listed in the Carmel NY TV listings (on the tv) but the its not viewable, as far as I can tell. I always thought that it wasn't in my package even though I have just about everything.
Bronze Star Contributor

its only available On Demand on most systems. we actually have a channel here thats called "Fearnet on Demand" (channel 166) and it just goes to Fearnet's On Demand menu. what a misuse of a channel!
Silver Problem Solver
andyross

By me, we have tons of pseudo-channels that just link directly to OnDemand pages.
Bronze Star Contributor

ya we have a bunch others too. each premium channel has one, and theres 4 for HD On Demand content.  theres also Channel 1 (which goes to the main menu) and the shortcut button on the remote (which also goes to the main menu). they must really think we're idiots.
Bronze Star Contributor

Yo Mod's-Where is the "Boomerang" channel???
Bronze Star Contributor

the mods don't know anything, theyre robots.
Cable Expert
WarEagle57

andyross wrote:
By me, we have tons of pseudo-channels that just link directly to OnDemand pages.

And they're just numbers -- they don't take up any bandwidth.
Bronze Star Contributor

it doesn't matter. we don't need 10 ways to get to On Demand. we're smart enough to figure it out ourselves.
Cable Expert
WarEagle57

I'm even smart enough to ignore them.  :smileymischief:
Contributor

wow i struck a chord wiht all the kids at heart. I am new to comcast i have always had Dish and i loved it. My wife made us change so we could have the package deal with the phone, intenet and cable. I think they suckered us in because the cost for all three is growing and growing. I might have to dump comcast and go with Qwest who also has a bundle deal and is cheaper. So if you are listening Comcast give us what we want we are the customers. There is too much competition out there to hold us hostage. Give me and my kids Boomerang and i will be quiet. I will even pay a dollar or two to have it.
Contributor

Everyone go to this link and they will email your cable company in your name. Maybe if they wont listen on the board maybe Cartoon network will help us kids.:smileyhappy:
Bronze Star Contributor
WWEwrestling

Boomerang

I too hope Comcast gets Boomerang in my area.  I watch some content on On Demand, but they really don't have a lot.  I just watch Scooby Doo and Flintstones.  I'm happy that we at least get the On Demand portion of Boomerang.

New Visitor

yes...i want BOOMERANG! maybe we can replace one of the too many sports channels. :smileyhappy: national geographic would be nice too! (baltimore city)
Bronze Star Contributor

Moderators-it's seems like a lot of customers want the "Boomerang" channel added. Is comcast in any negotiations with Time Warner to add this channel?
Recognized Contributor

i really want boomerang.
our dentists office has direct tv. and i always love watching that channel. so if comcast adds this to their channel lineup, i would watch it all the time. i love the shows that are one there. i like tom and jerry. lol
Contributor

Re: Boomerang Channel

Add Harrisburg, PA to that wish list as well.  Much better cartoons for my kids to watch than some of the other "Toon" networks.
Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Boomerang is probably the most requested network for Comcast to add.

I would also like to have it added.

I'm wondering why they refuse to add it to the line-up even with all the requests for it.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

By me, there is a limited selection OnDemand.

I think Comcast is more focused on adding HD channels right now, where it has room.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

Andy, the key words are limited selection OnDemand.

Right now, looking at the Boomerang OnDemand episodes I see

The Jetsons (1 episode)

Powerpuff Girls (5 episodes)

Scooby Doo (1 episode)

Snorks (1 episode)

Tom and Jerry (1 episode)

Yogi Bear (1 episode)

Since I don't care for Powerpuff Girls, I have a whopping 5 cartoons to watch.

The full channel would at least give me more than 5 choices.

While you are probably correct about adding HD, Boomerang has been requested since BEFORE the HD push.

Message Edited by Queen-Evie on 05-08-2009 07:24 PM

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

At least they're pushing HD -- much preferred to when it was phones.
Bronze Star Contributor

Let's ask the "Admin Mod" Why doesn't Comcast add the "BOOMERANG CHANNEL" to Philadelphia comcast digital channel line up??? Most customers would like to have it sine we alredy have "BOOOMERANG ONDEMAND"(Which doesn't have enough content available).
Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Why stop at Philadelphia? I still want to know why one of the most requested channels everywhere isn't available to all who want it.

Bronze Star Contributor

"ComcastSherrii" When will Comcast add the "Boomerang Channels" in every comcast market?
Bronze Star Contributor
WWEwrestling

I too enjoy the content on On Demand and would love for Boomerang to come to Comcast.  Hopefully they continue to play Scooby Doo Where Are You? Episodes in order.

Official Website: http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwe247/

Bronze Star Contributor

Great new for the carriage agreements with ESPNU and ESPN 360 and the NFL Network now can someone please work on getting the "Boomerang Channel" carried with comcast.
Cable Expert
cypherx

Yeah it took them a few years but they finally reached agreement with ESPNU!  So the only SD channels that I'm really missing would be Boomerang, Fuel, Chiller and Sleuth.

Now bring those channels in, along with expanding HD and we'll be pretty happy customers! 

Bronze Star Contributor

Boomerang Channel

Comcast what will it take to add the "Boomerang Channel" to the city of Philadelphia?(Moderator's please respond to comcast customers)
Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Comcast forum moderator notified.
Silver Problem Solver
andyross

Boomerang and BBCAmerica HD seem to be some of the most common non-sports channels people want added, based on the posts I see here and elsewhere.
Recognized Contributor

We have BBC but it seems to be a channel that I never get around to watching.I have looked at the lineup  looks like some interesting shows.They actually have 3 channels plus the hd and over here we only get a mix of choice shows??