New Visitor

Re: Boomerang

[ Edited ]

Give us the BOOMERANG CHANNEL

How can we not have the Boomerang channel yet.  This has got to be one of the most requested channels.  I have some better rates because I'm locked in BUT if they don't add this channel I too am changing services when my agreement is up.  This is rediculous.

Tacoma, WA

Message Edited by Boomerangfan on 01-17-2010 01:44 PM
Contributor

I would like to see Boomerang added to our Comcast cable line up in Massachusetts too!
Bronze Star Contributor

Wake UP COMCAST and add the BOOMERANG channel to ALL Comcast systems. If you read this thread comcast customers would like to have this channel added in 2010.
Visitor

Ive been asking for a few years to get Boomerang. We already have the sister company Cartoon Network, please give us Boomerang !
Bronze Star Contributor

Mod's - As comcast customers we WANT OUR BOOMERANG CHANNEL. Please give us an update on when this channel will be added to comcast systems.
Bronze Star Contributor

Mod's-Why doesn't Comcast add the "BOOMERANG CHANNEL" to all of their Markets? Comcast customers want the channel added so please listen to the customers!
New Visitor

Baltimore, MD could use boomerang as well.

Visitor

it is one of the most requested channels, im with you im changing to a provider that got boomerang like direct tv

Bronze Star Contributor

What's the deal with comcast and BOOMERANG? Is comcast working on "Carriage Deal"? Mod's please give us an update on comcast adding the "BOOMERANG CHANNEL" in all of their Markets. Comcast talks about "XFINITY" then prove it by adding this channel. Verizon FIOS carries BOOMERANG.

New Visitor

I would love to have Boomerang too. This channel has programming that I would prefer to watch rather than some of the garbage that other networks put out.

Contributor

We will get boomerang in Denver together with new HD channels

Contributor

Boomerange I remember way back places  like dish network and others had it when I was a teen not comcast.. But I do know they have to negotiate about the channel and the cartoons I guess...

If comcast says XFINITY has the channel don't be dupe in it, because another (custormer service) might say "no we don't have it sir"

Bronze Star Contributor

Not that I don't believe you but - I don't BELIEVE you!!! Any Proof of comcast adding the "Boomerang Channel" in Denver?

Cable Expert
cypherx

I got some numbers for you.

If you currently carry Cartoon network, Turner has a deal that an MSO can also carry Boomerang for a mere 10 cents a subsciber more.

If you do not carry Cartoon Network, then Turner charges $1 per subscriber to carry Boomerang.

Every Comcast market I've seen has Cartoon Network.  So a mere 10 cents per sub should be ok.

The programmers pick the price (in this case Turner).  They also have bundle deals where additional networks are cheap if you supply their other networks.  Maybe not right, but that's what they do.

New Visitor
cooljfreddy

I'm a former DISH ower and I'm very disappointed that Comcast does not carry Boomerang ( If you can carry Boomerang VOD), you can show the full channel.  Being a baby boomer this was always my go to channel when nothing else was on that interested me, this channel was always turned to as my comfort channel.  WE ALL WANT IT!!! PLEASE ADD IT!!!!  Comcast what are you thinking of?  Many requests have been made, in this day and age do we really need to want?  What do you have to do in the day and age to get a COMCASTcable station?  I'm even willing to take on the extra cost, bill me, I will pay extra!!!!  JUST GIVE ME MY BOOMERANG!!!!!

John

Ft Lauderdale, FL

Bronze Star Contributor

Moderator's - Are there any plans for comcast to add the "BOOMERANG CHANNEL" to all comcast market's?

Contributor
ram102

[ Edited ]

I left Directv after 15 years and was told Comcast carried it.  Well I guess not. So I want to add my vote for Boomerang.  I'm in Salisbury,MA

Contributor

""Not that I don't believe you but - I don't BELIEVE you!!! Any Proof of comcast adding the "Boomerang Channel" in Denver?""

I do not care if you believe me or not. I said what i know

Bronze Star Contributor

Mod's Please inform us (Comcast Paying Customers) why comcast won't add the BOOMERANG Channel to all comcast markets? This is "XFINITY" Correct???

Bronze Star Contributor

Yo Comcast! Please explain why you don't carry the "BOOMERANG CHANNEL" to all of your SO CALLED "XFINITY" LOYAL CUSTOMERS?

Bronze Star Contributor

Still No "BOOMERANG CHANNEL" with Comcast (XFINITY)

Why doesn't the Largest Cable Company (Comcast) carry the "BOOMERANG CHANNEL"? I know some area's do like Comcast of Atlanta, Salt Lake City & Minnesota but not in the Northeast States like PA, NJ & DE. Mod's - Is there any progress to bring this channel to ALL Comcast Systems or at least explain why they don't carry Boomerang.

Bronze Star Contributor
spowers49

Re: Still No "BOOMERANG CHANNEL" with Comcast (XFINITY)

I too would love to have Boomerang. I live in Ocean County, NJ and have been requesting it for years to no avail. Such a shame.

Bronze Star Contributor

Re: Still No "BOOMERANG CHANNEL" with Comcast (XFINITY)

Hey Comcast Verizon FIOS has BOOMERANG why not COMCAST???

Bronze Star Contributor

Hey Comcast where the "BOOMERANG CHANNEL"

Yo Comcast (XFINITY) where is the "BOOMERANG CHANNEL" at on comcast of Garden State, NJ??? You talk about ''XFINITY" then add the channels that your comcast customers are requesting.

Regular Contributor

Re: Hey Comcast where the "BOOMERANG CHANNEL"

just switched from dish to comcast and was very disappointed that i lost boomerang channel in doing so. this is not a drop comcast statement though for me. comcast has more than dish was offering me including MLB channel which is one of the reasons i switched to comcast. PLEASE comcast give us boomerang!!!

Bronze Star Contributor

Mod's - Is there any progress to bring the "BOOMERANG" to all Comcast (XFINITY) systems? I think us loyal customers want the channel added if you read all of these post's.

Regular Contributor

bump, keep this topic going. this needs to be done for us

Contributor

Alright I am gonna allow everyone to know, I don't know why there wasn't a statement from comcast them self..

As on many places you have to buy the copyright to have live streaming on the servers, you also need to buy the copyright to own the movies, cartoons, shows. After you buy the copyright from lets say (thundercats) warnerbros own those rights, so buying that copy right from warnerbros they would have to negotiate a deal with them to own those rights while there are paying subscribers..

So they would have to negotiate a deal with to get that channel, then they would need to figure out where to place the boomberang channel after.

Lets say they have the rights for the boomerange channel, then they decide to take one station out lets say (221) from my state it's d-kid and 220 is cartoon network.. So they replace D-kid for boomerang for adults, a lot of parents that let there children watch D-kid would be off the air cause there isn't a channel at all, that means a lot of angry parents..

Bronze Star Contributor

Any word for "BOOMERANG CHANNEL" being added by "XFINITY"? FIOS has the BOOMERANG CHANNEL available to their customers why not Comcast?

Regular Contributor

seems like all the "major" providers have it but comcast. wonder why they refuse to carry it?

Contributor

tstack and hclark1160 didn't you even bother reading what I said? The other companys, the reason they probably have it.. They were able to use a empty channel for it including haggle too..

I don't know what is how it's done, but as I know about, that is how it's done..

For example WB56 just won't give you nothing but free cartoons unless they get something out of it...

Regular Contributor

they already carry cartoon network so that argument is mute. boomerang is part of cartoon network so they already have the copyright paid for

Contributor

I didn't had any knowledge from that, as I did asked a comcast person about it, and they just told me same thing they tell everyone..

So I presume that they didn't wanna explain about the legal terms and the copyright to me.

Now I know that cartoon network and boomerang are part of each other, why didn't they made a channel for that?

Personality I would rather them removed the none english channels, as I only speak english..

Well comcast customer help is on the bottom, but you get only a select few people who really do wanna help.

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

Hi all - thanks for sharing your posts. Adding channels to the line-up is a marketing decision and this help forum isn't the place to share your interest. I'd suggest completing a "channel request" here - https://secure.opinionlab.com/ccc01/comment_card.asp?width=1215&height=911&referer=http%3A//www.comc...

1. Select "suggestion" is the drop down menu

2. Enter text

3. Select "enter"

I am also locking the thread to additional posts.

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin
Bronze Star Contributor

My Kids want Boomerang!

I told my kids about all these great cartoons I used to watch in the 60's, 70's & 80's (Flintsones, Jetsons, SuperFriends) just name a few and they want to watch them also but I told them they only available on the Boomerang Channel (and we use Cable Card so we don't have Boomerang Ondemand) so can comcast please add this channel on the comcast of Garden State, NJ system. Most other comcast systems have this channel on channel 124 which is not currently used here. Please add this channel for my kids.

Bronze Problem Solver
UHFhd

Re: My Kids want Boomerang!

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/boomerang/index.html    just in case you didn't know you could watch on computer :smileyhappy: n  if you did ignore post :smileyhappy:

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

tstack

Welcome back. Still no resolution on this I see. Any type of feedback from Comcast ( I ask but I figure the answer will be no.)

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

Thanks all - my response in message 84 is still valid.

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin
New Visitor
Cpollard

we need the Boomerang channel

we need the Boomerang channel as lineup to comcast here in Baltimore, MD. Love watching classic cartoons so please add Boomerang channel to our cable.