Contributor
80sTiger
Accepted Solution

CSS HD, Channel 866 - Memphis (GUIDE always reads "SIGN OFF")

Even though sometimes HD "versions" of their mirrored SD channel are broadcasting in parallel ... obviously I'd much rather watch/record the HD version of the same event, but the GUIDE always reads "SIGN OFF". Is there a way to get an accurate guide listing for the content on CSS HD (Channel 866, Memphis) ?

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

Re: CSS HD, Channel 866 - Memphis (GUIDE always reads "SIGN OFF")

Apologies for this situation. I am looking into this issue now for you.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

I heard back from the Comcast Memphis team who reports that CSS HD is only a part-time channel in that area.

The channel only shows guide listings data when there is actual programming on. The majority of the time thee is no programming scheduled which is why you are seeing Off-Air.

If your experience is different than what I have described, please let me know and I can investigate this further. Thanks!

Contributor
80sTiger

Thanks for the quick reply ... understood. However, for instance, tonight (2/28) @ 8pm Central, I fully expect CSS to broadcast the Memphis Tigers-UCF college basketball game in HD (the SD channel is #21 I believe). This is what normally happens. That said, there is no record of this game being shown on the GUIDE for Channel 866 (CSS HD). Perhaps I'm mistaken and the game will not be shown in HD tonight, but it almost always is and I've never seen Comcast EVER have ANYTHING listed in the GUIDE content for 866, even when there is an event showing. Can you confirm for tonight's broadcast and/or this premise going forward ?

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

Thanks for the feedback, let me check with CSS on their schedule regarding last night's game.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

80sTiger wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply ... understood. However, for instance, tonight (2/28) @ 8pm Central, I fully expect CSS to broadcast the Memphis Tigers-UCF college basketball game in HD (the SD channel is #21 I believe). This is what normally happens. That said, there is no record of this game being shown on the GUIDE for Channel 866 (CSS HD). Perhaps I'm mistaken and the game will not be shown in HD tonight, but it almost always is and I've never seen Comcast EVER have ANYTHING listed in the GUIDE content for 866, even when there is an event showing. Can you confirm for tonight's broadcast and/or this premise going forward ?

Thanks for your patience. I had additional dialogue last week with the CSS team that manages the CSS-HD schedule. CSS HD is truly a part-time channel right now with very limited HD programming. 

The CUSA basketball tournament will be available in HD on CSS-HD starting Wednesday at 11am CT.

After that, CSS will have four Braves spring training games in HD:

• March 18 - 1 pm Atlanta Braves vs. Baltimore Orioles at Disney
  • March 25 - 1 pm Atlanta Braves vs. Houston Astros at Disney
  • April1 - 1 pm Atlanta Braves vs. Philadelphia Phillies at Disney
  • April 3 - 7 pm Atlanta Braves vs. Braves Future Stars at Coolray Field (GA)

CSS is working to launch a full-time HD channel but there is not a timeline at this point. 

CSS can be reached directly here: http://www.csssports.com/pages/about_us