New Visitor
sparago1

Can't login to the NBC Olympics site

Everytime I try to login to the NBC Olympics site, it asks who my provider is, I select Comcast, and then it informs me that I don't have access. I have NBC in my cable line up, so I logged in to the Comcast site using the "Questions?" link and the Comcast site tells me that I have NBC and Olympics access.

I've tried getting in on my computer at my apartment (where I have my TV service), my girlfriend's computer at her apartment (who doesn't have tv), my XBox account, and my girlfriend's iPad. I never even have the chance to login and it tells me that I don't have the service. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

Re: Can't login to the NBC Olympics site

[ Edited ]

sparago1 wrote:

Everytime I try to login to the NBC Olympics site, it asks who my provider is, I select Comcast, and then it informs me that I don't have access. I have NBC in my cable line up, so I logged in to the Comcast site using the "Questions?" link and the Comcast site tells me that I have NBC and Olympics access.

I've tried getting in on my computer at my apartment (where I have my TV service), my girlfriend's computer at her apartment (who doesn't have tv), my XBox account, and my girlfriend's iPad. I never even have the chance to login and it tells me that I don't have the service. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Most of the issues have been with individual browser settings or issues with your cable account that can be easiliy corrected.

If you already have a ticket open, the team will work that and has been fairly quick in most all cases, there are several examples of that in this thread.

If you don't already have a ticket open, please call us at 1-800-COMCAST and start that process with someone who can access your account directly.

At the risk of repeating:

Here are some things that have worked for other customers having trouble getting to the http://www.nbcolympics.com/ online site:

1. Uninstall and then reinstall Adobe Flash Player.
    2. Clear your cache and cookies.
    3. Disable any Pop Up Blockers.
    4. Reset your Comcast password here: http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/account
Try to login again.
Digital Starter (or above) is required in order to access the site.

You may also find some other help here:
http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Re-NBC-Olympics-LIVE-Extra-Login-Helpful-Infor...

Contributor
bandman53

[ Edited ]

Dear sparago1,

I had the same problem, but logged on to my Comcast acct (as if accessing email through a brower) and the links to NBC Olympics worked.  This bypasses the select provider screen at NBC that goes no wheres.

Go to comcast.com and login.

Hope it works for you.

Bandman53

revision - Only worked for one access attempt.  Trying to view another event defaulted back to the non-functional NBD popup.

Suggestions from anyone?

Bandman53

New Visitor
khuson

I am having the same issue with the NBC pop up that goes no where. The one time it did, it said that I didn't have CNBC or MSNBC which is not the case. Frustrating!

Contributor
joandrum

Sa,e problem for me. How can we all be doing something wrong? 

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

khuson wrote:

I am having the same issue with the NBC pop up that goes no where. The one time it did, it said that I didn't have CNBC or MSNBC which is not the case. Frustrating!

Digital Starter (or above) is required in order to access the site. Are you still having an issue?

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

bandman53 wrote:

Dear sparago1,

I had the same problem, but logged on to my Comcast acct (as if accessing email through a brower) and the links to NBC Olympics worked.  This bypasses the select provider screen at NBC that goes no wheres.

Go to comcast.com and login.

Hope it works for you.

Bandman53

revision - Only worked for one access attempt.  Trying to view another event defaulted back to the non-functional NBD popup.

Suggestions from anyone?

Bandman53

Are you still having an issue?

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

joandrum wrote:

Sa,e problem for me. How can we all be doing something wrong? 

Are you still having an issue?

New Visitor
COLOSPRGS

I am having this issue. How can i get some help?

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

COLOSPRGS wrote:

Yes, check your Private Messages, Thanks!

Contributor
joandrum

I called service and the guy said I don't have an ID. I normally login with my Hotmail account. I created a comcast.net username, but I never received the confirmation email, so I am still stuck. Now the guy told me they may need to change my password, so I'm sure that can only mean I'll never be able to access my account again. This is going from bad to worse.  

Contributor
bandman53

Dear Ted,

Yes, cannot login as the NBC site doesn't recognize comcast as a provider (!?).

Any help would be appreciated (hopefully before the Games end).

BM53

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

joandrum wrote:

I called service and the guy said I don't have an ID. I normally login with my Hotmail account. I created a comcast.net username, but I never received the confirmation email, so I am still stuck. Now the guy told me they may need to change my password, so I'm sure that can only mean I'll never be able to access my account again. This is going from bad to worse.  

You can create a Comcast ID here or reset your Comcast password here:
 http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/account

Or is that what you tried already?

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

bandman53 wrote:

Dear Ted,

Yes, cannot login as the NBC site doesn't recognize comcast as a provider (!?).

Any help would be appreciated (hopefully before the Games end).

BM53

I have opened a ticket on your issue, someone will be reaching out to you directly very soon, Thanks!

Contributor
joandrum

Tried that and never got the confirmation email. I give up. 

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

[ Edited ]

joandrum wrote:

Tried that and never got the confirmation email. I give up. 

No need to give up, I can open a ticket on your account. Can you send some details (name, address) to me via a Private Message? Thanks.

Contributor
joandrum

Thanks. I called service and someone is supposed to call me. Swimming is over and I've already seen the disappointing results, so I guess I can wait for the call. 

Contributor
bandman53

Dear Ted,

Thanks for your help.

The solution (worked for me) posted on another thread:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Comcast-ID-and-Sign-In/Cannot-finish-setup-for-watching-Olympics-on-the...

by

New Visitor

Re: Cannot finish setup for watching Olympics on the PC

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html

• Windows: click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Flash Player
  • Macintosh: System Preferences (under Other) click Flash Player
  • Linux Gnome: System > Preferences > Adobe Flash Player
  • Linux KDE: System Settings > Adobe Flash Player

Change it to auto accept.

Close and reload your browser.

should work perfectly fine. Enjoy the Olympics everyone

Must allow Adobe Flash Player to store data on local cptr: Adobe Flash Player Manager/storage/"allow".

Hope this works for others.

BM53

New Visitor
jaguillo

For what its worth, I having the same issue(s).  I either get stuck on the select Comcast window, or I get directed to a page telling me I need to upgrade.  I tried calling tech support, but got no help.  I've tried, IE9, Chrome and Firefox.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled Flash.  

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

[ Edited ]

jaguillo wrote:

For what its worth, I having the same issue(s).  I either get stuck on the select Comcast window, or I get directed to a page telling me I need to upgrade.  I tried calling tech support, but got no help.  I've tried, IE9, Chrome and Firefox.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled Flash.  

Sorry to hear about this issue. I've opened a ticket on your account. Someone should be reaching out to you directly.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

COLOSPRGS wrote:

I am told that your issue is now resolved, can you confirm? Thanks!

New Visitor
gldnboot13

I can't watch either.  Every time I attempt to watch, either through the NBC or Comcast site, it asks me to choose my provider.  When I choose Comcast, it appears to attempt to log in but then just takes me back to the same page and asks me to repeat the process.  I am logged into my Comcast account and should have the appropriate level of service to have access to watch, but cannot seem to figure out how to get it to work.  I have tried the various solutions provided by the Comcast poster and other users in this thread with no success either.  Any other solutions?

Contributor
joandrum

This solution was posted by Comcast on another string. It worked for me. 

Please go through the comprehensive list below and let us know if this resolves your issue.

1. Please make sure you are running the most recent version of flash. To confirm, please go to this page to download the most recent version:
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

2. Navigate your browser to: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager03.html

3. Make sure "Allow third-party Flash content to store data on your computer" and "Store common Flash components to reduce download times" options are both checked.

4. Move the "Specify the amount of disk space..." slider to 100 KB.

5. Navigate your browser to: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

6. Clear the Flash Player Cache by pushing the "Delete all sites" button.

7. Make sure your third party cookies are enabled:

MAC USERS:
FIREFOX BROWSER (FOR MAC USERS)
Click on “FIREFOX” (at the top left of screen)
--> Preferences
--> Privacy tab
--> Open drop down next to "Firefox will:" and set it to "Use custom settings for history"
--> Make sure "accept cookies from sites" is checked
--> Make sure "Accept third-party cookies" is checked
--> Keep until: "they expire" (in drop down)

SAFARI BROWSER (FOR MAC USERS)
Click on “SAFARI” (at the top left of screen)
--> Preferences
--> Security Tab
--> Accept Cookies (check “Always”)

CHROME BROWSER (FOR MAC USERS)
Click on “CHROME” (at the top left of screen)
--> Preferences
--> Scroll to bottom of page and click on “Show Advanced Settings”
--> Privacy –> Click on “Content Settings”
--> Cookies – >Check “Allow local data to be set” also make sure “Block third-party cookies and site data” IS NOT CHECKED.
--> Click “ok” at bottom of page.

PC USERS:
INTERNET EXPLORER (FOR PC USERS)
-->Click on Tools
--> Internet Options
--> Privacy Tab
--> Click the Advanced button in center of page
--> Make sure the radio button next to Accept is checked below “First-party Cookies” and “Third-party Cookies”
--> Click “OK”

FIREFOX BROWSER (FOR PC USERS)
--> Click on FIREFOX (top left of screen)
--> Click on Options
--> Click Privacy Tab
--> Open drop down next to "Firefox will:" and set it to "Use custom settings for history"
-->Make sure "accept cookies from sites" is checked
--> Make sure "Accept third-party cookies" is checked
--> Keep until: "they expire" (in drop down)
--> Click “Ok” at bottom

SAFARI BROWSER (FOR PC USERS)
--> Click on the wheel on the top right, below the X in the red box
--> Click Preferences
--> Click the Privacy Tab
--> Block Cookies: click “Never”
--> X out of pop up

CHROME BROWSER (FOR PC USERS)
Click on the wrench at the top right of the screen
--> Settings
--> Scroll to bottom of page and click on “Show Advanced Settings”
--> Privacy – Click on “Content Settings”
--> Cookies – Check “Allow local data to be set” also make sure “Block third-party cookies and site data” IS NOT CHECKED.
--> Click “ok” at bottom of page.

8. Close your browser and then reopen your browser.

9. Start the verification process here: http://www.nbcolympics.com/liveextra/help/index.html

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

gldnboot13 wrote:

I can't watch either.  Every time I attempt to watch, either through the NBC or Comcast site, it asks me to choose my provider.  When I choose Comcast, it appears to attempt to log in but then just takes me back to the same page and asks me to repeat the process.  I am logged into my Comcast account and should have the appropriate level of service to have access to watch, but cannot seem to figure out how to get it to work.  I have tried the various solutions provided by the Comcast poster and other users in this thread with no success either.  Any other solutions?

Apologies for the problem. I've opened a ticket on your account. Someone on our team will be reaching out directly to help resolve your issue.  Thanks for your patience.

New Visitor
Stumpy-Joe

[ Edited ]

Thank you!!!!

Administrator
ComcastLarry

[ Edited ]

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
Official Employee
ComcastTeds

gldnboot13 wrote:

gldnboot13 -  Just to provide an update, your issue is still under active investigation.

New Visitor
jaguillo

I received a call from Comcast support and we were able to get it to work on Firefox only.  I'm not sure exactly what was done to make it work.  It appeared to just work suddenly.  It still does not work on Chrome.

The issue I am having now is that Adobe Flash crashes whenever a commercial comes on the video stream.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

gldnboot13 wrote:

gldnbot13, I am told that your issue is now resolved, can you confirm? Thanks!

New Visitor

I have also tried all the recommendations above and couldn't make it work in all the major browsers. This is so frustrating and time taking. any other help is appreciated. I am so mad right now

New Visitor
claviss

I have the same exact problem.

New Visitor
claviss

How was it resolved? This is my issue.

New Visitor
arjangt

i've been transfered 3 times, disconnected twice, spoken to 8 people

i still can't watch the olympics online and on TV they show so little of all the events there are

unbelieveable ...

New Visitor
rebbechi

I can't get in either. I have triple play (including MSBNC and CBNC), so I should be able to get in.

But I just get prompted with the "select TV provider" repeatedly.

I'm able to go one step further by selecting "learn more" which pulls up a list of FAQs that includes a "select TV provider drop down". When I select "comcast XFinity", I am prompted to select my address (from a list of three addresses) then log in. At this point I log in to the comcast website, but this doesn't appear to help as far as viewing the content is concerned.

This is really frustrating!