Contributor

Channel Lineup Changes?

On Avon Digital's HD channel lineup this morning, all the channel locations have changed.  Channel 233 is now 1003.  231 is now 1008.  Hello, anyone in Comcastland? Were we, your paying customers, given any notice of this change?  If so, where?  I checked my last bill and I see no notification.  I've spent time *after the fact* this morning looking for some onsite notification.  If it IS there, it's hidden pretty darn good.   My online TV Listings are still showing the old channels while they've changed on TV so it would appear to reflect the usual Comcast lack of coordination. 

So...what the heck is going on?  When will the online listings reflect the change?

New Visitor
johnknapp

Re: Channel Lineup Changes?

It gets better...

If you go to comcast.com, sign in to your account, and go to print out a channel listing - none of the relocated HD stations are reflected in that list.

Normally, my TIVO gets these notifications and makes season pass/guide changes for me automatically - today? not so much...

Color me,

Irate in West Hartford.

New Visitor

I notified TiVo support of the SURPRISE Comcast Channel lineup change.  they said that it will take ~ 5 business day's for them to edit the TiVo Channel lineup so that it will match the new Comcast channel lineup.

New Visitor
bigben08

All I want to know is what is the new number for TBS.  Game 3 is on tonight.

New Visitor
cholz

Just curious what is the reasoning behind the change?  Its crazy that Ive got to cycle through channels in the thousands now...

New Visitor

It's really whacky how they have it setup now.

New Visitor
Naturalhandyman

I received a letter about the changes about a month ago.  If you didn't get it, you probably thought it was junk and threw it away.  I received a second letter a few days ago with the new channel listings, too.

I use Windows Media Center instead of a Tivo to record live TV.  Though the HD channels on the Comcast addressable converter have changed, the channel listing in the Media Center guide has not.  Even though the channels have changed on the converter, i can still record on the Media Center using the old channel numbers.

I'm guessing that BOTH channels, new and old, work for Media Center so I bet the old numbers will work for Tivo also.  Do a test recording just to be sure.  If it works, then continue to record using the old numbers till the guide updates.  If Comcast has a heart, they will allow both numbers to work till we can all update our recorders.  Fingers crossed!!

Contributor

You know, I did think I might have missed something but since I recycle and haven't thrown that bag out yet, I checked.  Maybe you did get something in the mail, twice, but somehow that mailer missed MY house.  I have notices on how to handle a billing dispute and I have letters, 2 of them actually, about how a "review" of my account is available for the asking but darned if I did NOT have a notification regarding the cable changes.

New Visitor

Nope, no notice of the change but plenty of Triple Play offers.

New Visitor
Sp1dey

TiVo user here... notified TiVo support and zap2it.com (tribune owned guide data that supplies TiVo).  Hopefully comcast had already provided them the updates and it will remedy overnight... But somehow I think it will be a while.

New Visitor
siragdj

So is there a listing of the new channel numbers?

New Visitor
Ricozone

I received the notice a couple weeks ago mentioning the new HD channel lineup, it also stated that there would be new channels (Nat. Geo. Wild HD, Galavision HD, etc  ...)  added.

These new channels have not been updated in our (Htfd CT) viewing area.

What’s up with that??

New Visitor

New Visitor

I re-ran the TiVo Channel setup and everything is correct now.

Contributor

TV Listings online are now "sort of" OK.  The new HD channels are listed now but the old ones are still listed too.  "If" you delete the old channel from your favorites, surprise...the new channel deletes along with it.  I guess you can't have everything but it is better than before.

Contributor

I wish I would get NEW HD channels. Got a lineup list in my bill BUT it is from August and doesn't have pac12, espn goal line or bein sports spanish on it (none of which are available in hd)

New Visitor
johnknapp

My Tivos finally got the news on Friday's (October 18) "phone home" connections. My Guide data and season passes are now switched over. I see that one of the posts here mention a repeat of Guided Setup - that did nothing for me, it was the first thing I did while I waited in the Comcast call-in queue on Monday (10/15) morning...

I'll be getting a credit from Comcast for this "outage" - and as a matter of fact, I don't believe I received a credit for last October's outage either...

Thanks for listening :smileyhappy:

New Visitor
johnknapp

I repeated Guided Setup while waiting in the phone queue Monday morning - no Guide Info for me.

I was able to add the new channels by going into the "Channels" settings and taggling them, but to be clear, although I could "watch" those channels - I had no Guide data, and obviously couldn't schedule anything but manual recordings for those channels - way too much of a PITA for me to even consider...

New Visitor
lostintvland

Is anyone else missing WNET Ch.13 PBS?  It suddenly disappeared today. I know Romney said he'd cut off their funding, but he's not in charge yet. When I use the guide it says the usual lineup is there, but when I click on 13 , I get ABC. Comcast by phone was no help and comcast on line can't find my address. Help!

Contributor
leopardchick

I feel your pain!  I got a flyer in the mail about 2 months ago letting me know that they were removing 14 Premium Movie channels and most were HD on October 18th.  When I called, the person & her floor manager had no idea what I was talking about.  On October 17th, I called again for a login issue and to ask about the channels being deleted.  4 transfers and I disconnect later, I finally got someone that knew what they were doing regarding the login issue AND also told me that they are not notified until the DAY OF about channels being deleted, changed or added to the line-up.  I told her that that is poor customer service on Comcast's part since we're being notified but actual employees aren't especially when customers call to ask why it's happening and they are clueless as to what we're talking about.  She agreed and said she would say something to her floor manager about it.

I also had channel changes last week that I NEVER received notice about and had to spend time trying to find them.  Luckily for me, I had the "old" channels on my Favorites list and was able to see where these 5 channels were moved to...from the 200's to the 900's.

I went paperless a few years ago due to postal delivery issues that I've been having (getting everyone else's mail but my own and I live in a house too!)  Yet I received the cardboard notification in the mail (that was an acutal surprise) about the deletion of channels but absolutey nothing about the channel moves or added channels to my list.  I also just lost my CPTV channel...I still get CPTV4 & PBS but I don't know why I lost the other channel which was moved from 244 to the 900s....

And I'm upset that are bills won't change for all the channels they took away from us....they say that we can watch them on OnDemand but that's not true!  Whenever I've searched for a movie that I missed the beginning of like on Showtime Beyond (good/bad B-Movies especially horror), they are never available on OnDemand and now I can't watch them!  I hate OnDemand for that reason and for 2 other reasons.  1) They don't always let you fast-forward during commercials when you're catching up on a Tv show (why are commercials on OnDemand anyways?!) and they Date movies/tv shows are supposed to be available to change all the time!  I was watching Game Of Thrones and thought I had 2 months to watch it...watched 5 episodes in a row and planned on watching the rest of Season 1 the next day. However, the next day they said Season 1 & Season 2 were expiring that day!  ARGH!!! 

Thanks for letting me vent....:smileycry:  Linda in CT

Contributor
leopardchick

lostintvland wrote:

Is anyone else missing WNET Ch.13 PBS?  It suddenly disappeared today. I know Romney said he'd cut off their funding, but he's not in charge yet. When I use the guide it says the usual lineup is there, but when I click on 13 , I get ABC. Comcast by phone was no help and comcast on line can't find my address. Help!

So sorry to hear that! I luv WNET Ch 13 PBS, WEDH Ch 14 CPBN, CPTV (was 244) & CPTV4 (was 297, now 967)...  I just lost CPTV in the "channel move" last week.  I live in CT and I'm hoping that I don't lose PBS either as I have many shows on my DVR Recording list especially Masterpiece. 

Comcast Customer Service probably won't know what happened to WNET (or PBS) until your Guide listing has actually been updated....from what I've learned last week when I talked to them, they aren't actually notified until the day the changes are made (they get an email blast).  Try checking with them again when the Guide finally updates.  Or maybe try (though I'm sure you already did) PBS.org and put in your zipcode to see what it says about what channel it should be on.  Best of luck to ya!