New Visitor
FernwoodManor

Channels Removed from "Digital Economy" package?

We have lost many channels starting in early May. We have "Digital Economy" as an add-on to our Blast internet service. The channels we have lost were all on the list of included channels provided at time of upgrade for the Hillsdale, MI market. So far we have identified NIK (36), TLC (37), SYFY (38), FX (51), HGTV (55), TNT (56), TBS (57), ABCF (59), BBC (114), Style (49), Sprout (128), HUB (130) as being removed. There may be others as well. They are listed as not authorized despite the fact they were on the package list when we upgraded from just BLAST internet to Blast+Digital Economy and have been authorized every month since until early May.  There has been no notification of pending deletes or changes to the package lineup. The remaining channels are hardly worth the money and will probably result in our cancelling the subscription television.

Appreciate any details on whether this was an intentional change to the line up (meaning we need to cancel our television service) or whether it is a technical problem meaning we need to open a work order to get it resolved.

To recap, I have “digital economy” as an upgrade to Blast internet. The channels were indeed on the authorized list. The channels have been available since we upgraded until early May.

Thanks for any info!

New Visitor
FernwoodManor

Re: Cutting out channels

We have also lost channels beginning in early May. We have "Digital Economy" as an add-on to our Blast internet service. The channels we have lost were all on the list of included channels provided at time of upgrade. So far we have identified NIK (36), TLC (37), SYFY (38), FX (51), HGTV (55), TNT (56), TBS (57), ABCF (59), BBC (114), Style (49), Sprout (128), HUB (130) as being removed. There may be others as well. They are listed as not authorized despite the fact they were on the package list when we upgraded from just BLAST internet to Blast+Digital Economy and have been authorized every month since until early May.  There has been no notification of pending deletes or changes to the package lineup. The remaining channels are hardly worth the money and will probably result in our cancelling the subscription television.

Appreciate any details on whether this was an intentional change to the line up (meaning we need to cancel our television service) or whether it is a technical problem meaning we need to open a work order to get it resolved.

To recap, I have “digital economy” as an upgrade to Blast internet. The channels were indeed on the authorized list. The channels have been available since we upgraded until early May.

Thanks for any info!

Contributor

Re: Channels Removed from "Digital Economy" package?

FernwoodManor,

Sorry about losing those channels. It's frustrating when changes are made inexplicably by Comcast. If you are paying for those channels, you should be getting them.

We lost one channel this weekend: Oxygen HD. It says "Not Authorized", even though we have the SD version of the channel. We're in the Indianapolis market.

Comcast can't explain why we don't get the channel anymore and have scheduled a tech visit. It seems very odd to lose just one channel.

We very rarely have TV issues.

Silver Problem Solver
BruceW

FernwoodManor wrote: ... NIK (36), TLC (37), SYFY (38), FX (51), HGTV (55), TNT (56), TBS (57), ABCF (59), BBC (114), Style (49), Sprout (128), HUB (130) ...

None of those channels would normally be part of the Digital Economy lineup. Comcast probably gave them to you by mistake. But please see http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/FALSE-ADVERTISEMENT-COMCAST/m-p/1701135

The customer who posted that was able to work something out with them in a similar Digital Economy snafu.

New Visitor
mark8659

Same thing here in Comstock Park, MI. We signed up for Blast + Digital Economy last fall and about two weeks or so ago we lost most of the channels we actually watch. These channels were part of the package advertised or we would not have picked that package. A tech on the phone, however, is trying to tell us that these channels are not and have never been part of our package. This is bologne; we know what we signed up for. We've lost TNT, NICK, TRUTV, BBC, SCIFI, and more. Those five channels are the ones we watch the most. Now we only have two channels that we watch sometimes. Hardly worth it. I don't know what they are trying to pull and if I'm definitely going to search for proof of what I signed up for. Just not sure if the paperwork (if I still have it) would list each channel...

Silver Problem Solver
BruceW

Comcast used to have a generic DE lineup online, but I can no longer find it.

I have Digital Economy service in Central PA, zip 17401. The lineup here is:

A&E, AMC, Animal Planet, BET, C-SPAN, Cartoon Network, CNN, Comedy Central, Discovery, Disney, E!, Food Network, Fox News, H2, Hallmark, History, Lifetime, truTV, TV Guide, TV Land, USA, Weather, and WGN.

Plus locals, shopping, and Music Choice. TNT, NICK, BBC, and SCIFI are not included with DE here. Neither is On Demand.

New Visitor
laurenanderson

I also have the Digital Economy package.  I still have all of those channels. My 3yr old watches Sprout all the time.

New Visitor
ctacc

I back up what @BruceW said.  Those channels are normally not part of the Digital Economy package.  I picked up a second box for my kids in December and thought it was strange that they were missing a lot of channels I was getting on my primary box when they were supposed to be identical.  When I called Comcast to complain, the CSR told me that the channels that were "missing" from the second box were not included in the Digital Economy package.  I checked the channel lineup and he was correct.  I asked why, for the past 3 years, I had received a lot more channels and he replied that it happens often and that they do audits on cable boxes all the time and eventually I would lose the channels.  Unfortunately for me, that time came last week.  I lost TBS, TNT, FX, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNEWS, SyFy and many others which I didn't really watch anyway.  Unfortunately for you, they caught up to you quicker than me and most likely, you are just getting what you pay for.

Contributor
davidrhallman

get ready for your surprise too. any DE service is getting hit..little by little.

Contributor
davidrhallman

i got it for 3 years...ALL OF THEM... even when i picked up the new boxes for my other 2 sets....still got them for months...then gone..........them telling us we should have never got them means nothing when you get them...they are listed on the line up and now the DE line up is gone too...its all too fishy...im gone from comcast waiting on dish and ATT to get hooked up then...make me part of the history channel. i wont be lied to any more.

New Visitor
amsturgill

I also lost those channels from my digital economy/blast package.  no way this is a coincidence.  I am not paying to upgrade to a more expensive package to get channels I was already paying for back. I will be switiching to Dish Network SOON.  

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

Re: Cutting out channels