Contributor
marzy55

Re: Comcast Newsmakers

Hello....is anyone at Comcast listening to these complaints about Newsmakers breaking into the regular shows.  I am sick of listening to those whinny deadpan people...STOP ....Listen to the people....you could lose a lot of customers going to Verizon or Dish......LISTEN UP

Contributor
segnesa

"Suzanne" just cut into Casey Anthony's mother testifying.  GAHHHHHHHHH

New Visitor
mare0617

Re: HLN Shows constantly cut off for stupid Comcast Program

This is extremely annoying.  Trying to watch the trial but between commercials and this stupid Comcast newsmakers it feels like you get about 10 minutes of coverage. 

I know Cablevision does not do this as I was watching at a friends house who has Cablevision.  Never thought I would say this but God I hate Comcast and miss Cablevision.

Comcast please change this.

Visitor
Emerson1332

If you have Comcast you probably have TruTv. They carry the trial live with absolutely nothing remotely like the insane interruptions on HLN from Comcast every hour. It relieves some of your frustrations!

Contributor
segnesa

I'm in California and TruTV carries delayed testimony which ends before the court day is over.

New Visitor
kanecollector

I received the exact same reply-----word for word from Comcast.  Also heard back from HLN and they say they are aware of the problem and are working to resolve the issue.

Contributor
marzy55

Re: comcast newsmakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comcast.....can you hear the public?????  Get that Newsmakers OFF...boring, yammy and deadpan also NOT INTERESTING....LISTEN TO THE PUBLIC.....Paying $200 a month to get what YOU want to bore us with....this is not looking good for you.

New Visitor
furnman1

im completley aggrivated with that nonsense they should put in on some channel nobody watches..Im in the middle of this casey trial and they interupted it for that bs..I called comcast all they said is basically there is nothing we can do abt out and have a nice day..to keep it short..well u get what Im saying..they need to get there act together..I also pay my bill in advance and they put that garbage on in the middle of important testimony in this trial..ugh

New Visitor
Johnjcpa

Unbelievable, they are interrupting a national news story over and over with those inane segments, almost everyone an insult to the intelligence of a half-wit.
New Visitor
perrystrong1

Comcast Newsmakers

I have been watching the channel HLN for several weeks during the Casey Anthony trial which is televised on HLN. Every 5 minutes before the hour and 1/2 hour the show gets interrupted for "Comcast Newsmakers" - locals who give a 5 minute interview on various topics. This means that every 1/2 hour I lose 5 minutes and often the END of a show. This is completely unacceptable to me as a viewer. 10 minutes of every hour which include the last 5 minutes of shows is a ridiculous time to interrupt programming for these interviews, which are often repeats that I have seen several times.

Today I watched the show on my computer which begs the question why do I need comcast service for my tv?

Contributor
marzy55

Comcast....I am asking you directly....could you please reply to my email address only and let me know WHAT and WHEN you are going to take care of the Newsmakers junk.....I pay too much money to let this go on any longer and we should not have to pay for this intrusive and junky news that you repeat over and over again and again every day....PLEASE....respond to my email address not to this forum.

New Visitor
obby2000

Comcast Newsmakers

I am a Comcast customer. I am moving next week and I wanted to stay with Comcast but I am sick and tired of Comcast Newsmakers interrupting the last 5 minutes of many programs I watch. This is so rude. Why don't they pick a specific channel for this? Some of the information is interesting but not while I am watching programs and I miss the most important part of the program. If this doesn't stop this week I will go to Dish or Direct TV. Is something being done about this? I put in the Google search bar and found thousands of people are complaining. I guess Comcast can afford to lose us....

New Visitor
obby2000

It is not only HLN. They do it on many other channels. I have missedthe last 5 minutes of  Body of Evidence over and over. This is totally frustrating and rude. Comcast you are doing a good job of losing your subscribers. Lets all ban together and boycott Comcast. i am through with them!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Visitor
obby2000

Cocast Newsmakers is also interrupting In Session/Tru TV. Due to the Anthony Trial the viewing audience is off the charts and Newsmakers is taking advantage of it. It has just been since the trial, I believe. I guess Comcast is pulling in the dough at our expense. I watch Body of Evidence on Saturday night and because of the Newsmakers I miss the last 5 minutes of the program. i don't watch it anymore because of the rude and frustrating interruptions. I am cancelling Comcast. I have had enough. Also, on channels 13 and 56 I often get no sound. Good Bye Comcast!!!!!!

New Visitor
obby2000

Comcast!!!! Do you realize that 25 and 55 before and after the hour cuts in to the lasst 5 minutes of a program. This is not just happening on HLN/CNN it is happening on Tru tv too. We, Comcast Customers are missing the best part of the programs we are watching. We pay for our service and I know you get paid to air The Newsmakers. Comes down to: Who is most important? Your subscribers or the Newsmakers!!!!!!

Bronze Problem Solver
UHFhd

There is just something Wrong with my Cable Tv provider also doing news feeds .

New Visitor

[ Edited ]

I also switch the channel when the very annoying, mostly boring and horribly repetitious comcast newsmakers comes on.  As a paying subscriber my on demand for comcast would be that I can watch programming on the channel I am tuning into in it's entirety.  Not some local interruption.  Comcast has it's own channel, if I want local programming I can go there, voluntarily.

Hijacking hln is Obnoxious and has me seriously considering other options such as direct tv.

As I type this there's Jill Horner and an interview I've seen come on way too many times.  Some of there segments are years out of date.  The ones with the man who fills in for JH are even worse to watch.

If comcast wants to please it's customers so much please listen to us.  Especially rude is cutting off the last 5 minutes before the end of each 1/2 hour during prime time.  Those 5 minutes is usually why we are watching, to see the conclusion, the who done it, the resolution, the entire program.

Obnoxious is my review of this practice by comcast, it's just OBNOXIOUS!

Visitor

I agree!  What can be done? I pay for this??!!!

Visitor

I agree!!  What can be done?  I've written to Comcast w/ no a reply back, but NO indication anything would be done about this constant assault!

Visitor

I've written to HLN and at least when they emailed me in reply they indicated they had read and understood my complaint.  I think I'm going to bombard HLN about this!

Email Expert
CCCarole

A suggestion for you:  Instead of creating three new short posts on the same topic, you can edit your first one by clicking on Options>Edit reply in the post.:smileywink:

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
april711

Comcast Newsmakers is ridiculous!!! They'd stopped for a while with these 5 minute segments every 25 minutes. Of course now that the Casey Anthony trial is underway, here we go again. It seems like as soon as the trial starts getting good, here comes this 5 minute comcast newsmakers segment that I've already seen about 100 times. It doesn't even seem to be news anyways. At least if it was actual news instead of a re-run  interview, it could be tolerable. I've started watching the trial online. At least I don't get interrupted every 25 minutes. Comcast really needs to put there newsmakers on a different station!!!

Bronze Star Contributor

I agree! It's like a infomercial.

Contributor
marzy55

I guess they're not listening to us, the consumers....let's just band together and go to another carrier...they are not worth the trouble, and guess what, next month your bill will be higher!!! 

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: HLN / Comcast Newsmakers

Contributor

Whoever was the brain child for this STUPID waste of time needs to be fired and forced to watch all the dumb topics they are trying to force us to watch. Just run a non-stop loop for the obviously not too bright person. I am so glad to know that I pay over $200 a month to be aggrevated twice an hour

YOU ARE COMCAST FOR HEAVEN SAKES.......SET UP ANOTHER CHANNEL FOR THIS GARBAGE!!!!

If you track number of viewers, on a channel by itself, I would venture to guess, the number would be ZERO.

Will be so glad when my appointment for WOW to install comes....no more NEWSMAKERS and overpriced service.

Visitor

I hate Comcast Newsmakers - it has no informational value for me and it interupts the program I am viewing.  It is time to take it off!!!

Regular Contributor

I just spent 45 minutes talking to Comcast customer service and then to a supervisor named Gina and they are completely lost. Not only they do not know what to do but could not even get me the name of a person who may understand the problem. All they say is the that is CNN problem.

Since I have a contract with Comcast, not CNN, I do not have any do discuss anything with CNN. I asked her : Who produces the program Comcast Newsmakers? Not CNN.

THis is hard to believe that nobody in customer service understands this problem and can do something to solve the problem. It is like every staff is doing strictly what their job description says and no a word more..

Is there anybody in Comcast with a working brain who can help us, please??????????????

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Front line CSR's probably don't know anything about this issue unless someone has complained to them about it OR they watch HNN and have Comcast Newsmakers barge in on what they are watching.

They really don't  have the power to do anything about it and simply don't know who to refer you to. If it involves contracts between HNN and Comcast that is beyond the scope of what they can do.

Unfortunately, I have no clue who should be contacted about it.

From Barmar (in another thead on this subject) in 2009:

Comcast has been doing this forever. Complaints are posted here about once a month, but obviously Comcast doesn't care.

It's a legacy from the days when CNNHN didn't air real programs, and the last 5 minutes of each half hour was just the Lifestyle segment of the news. CNN allowed cable companies to replace this with a local segment, and apparently that contract is still in force even though the programming has changed.

From andyross earlier this year:

This comes up from time to time. Comcast presumably has agreements with what is now HLN to insert the local news. It may take awhlie for those agreements to end. I think it has stopped in some areas.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Contributor
marzy55

In my opinion, Comcast is not professional AT ALL.  Did you ever try to get an explanation  as to why your bill goes up almost every month??  You can't so how do you expect any of them to know about this Comcast Newsmakers??  I think now they are messing with us because this morning, they kept repeating the same garbage over and over.  TIME FOR A CHANGE

New Visitor
New Visitor
bso

This is the most uninteresting 5 minutes on tvWhen you are interested in the televised show, you don't want this to be interruptedThis 5 minutes is not wanted and should be discontinued. While I was on vacation, I watched HLN on Time Warner Cable, and it did not disrupt programming with this useless 5 minutes every half hour, so why does Comcast continue something that has no meaning to paying subscribers?  What does it take to get this discontinued? I have been watching the Casey Anthony trial and this 5 minutes often makes you miss much of the important testimonyI am really angry that something is not being done about this useless distraction.

New Visitor
jandjclark

AMEN, SO TIRED OF THE SAME SERVICES OVER AND OVER. THE ONLY REASON I HAVE SEEN THESE IS BECAUSE I AM WATCHING THE TRIAL I WILL NEVER WATCH THIS STATION AS LONG AS THERE IS COMCAST NEWSMAKERS ON. WE HAVE LOCAL CHANNELS FOR THIS SERVICE , PLEASE STOP INTERRUPTING PROGRAMS.

New Visitor
ClareSloane

I absolutely HATE having Comcast Newsmakers or Solutions with Suzanne interrupting the regular programming on HLN. I don't understand why we have to endure this.

Visitor

The Casey Anthony trial can be watched on line via Orlando Sentinel live streaming. Forget trying to get Comcast to listen. They just don't care.
New Visitor
madochio

Comcast Newsmakers

Thank you for eliminating Comcast NewsmakersThe 5-10 minute interruption is so annoying.   It is such a pleasure now to watch HLN

Contributor
segnesa

Thank you for listening (either Comcast or HLN) and for removing the Comcast Newsmakers and Solutions by Suzanne for AT LEAST the Casey Anthony Trial.  We like it gone.  Maybe you will consider moving the programs permanently?

Contributor
marzy55

Comcast.  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU....FOR LISTENING TO THE CONSUMERS.

Visitor
Emerson1332

I agree. It has been a pleasure watching HLN today with no news makers nonsense. I hope when this trial is over Comcast doesn't resume broadcasting something that so many dislike.

Visitor

Here is the email  I had sent them on June 25:

to esl_corp
show details Jun 25 (5 days ago)

Does anyone monitor, or even take a peek at, the Comcast Forums online?  There are two full pages, going back to Nov, 2010 to the present, that are full of complaints about "Comcast Newsmakers" cutting into programming. And most of the programming its cutting into is mysteries and court trials, which leaves viewers incredulously wondering "Who done it??"  

Here is a link to the Forum:  http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Comcast-Newsmakers/td-p/885745

Please, please address this issue i  the forum!!  I would also appreciate a response to this email, to confirm a Human Being received it.

Respectfully>>>,

I'm amazed (but totally pleased) that they responded so quickly. Kudos to Comcast!! 

Visitor

Thank you!!!!

Finally we will be able to see the end of many programs...

The Comcast Newsmaker can be relocated to any other channel. We do not need so many channels selling stuff!

New Visitor
afendt

Please get rid of Jill and Comcast Newsmaker.  It is of minimal interest to a very small segment of viewers, I'm sure.  Jill is very boring and I've never seen her smile...you can do better. This segment is pushing me to go to the Dish.

Contributor
segnesa

Well---sadly Comcast Newsmakers is now back on in Northern California.  So annoying to have to change the channel once or twice an hour to avoid it.  Listen up, comcast!  NO MORE NEWSMAKERS!

Bronze Problem Solver
UHFhd

[ Edited ]

If everyone turns Off Tv sets when Newsmakers comes on comcast will get the message .  Or maybe reseting the BOX 5minutes prior to Newsmakers, if everyone did that i think it would be noticed .

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

Or leave Comcast for another provider. When leaving tell Comcast this is why you are leaving.

Visitor

Try emailing complaints to: esl_corp@cable.comcast.com I believe this may get your comments to someone who can rectify the situation. I would recommend reasoned, intelligent complaint rather than "SHOUTING" and simply threatening to leave Comcast. This email was valid and useful in the past. Hopefully, it will still help.
New Visitor
shane1962

CNN/HLN have a contract that ALLOWS cocast to interrupt the programming on HLN. but a contract that ALLOWS something is not the same as one that REQUIRES it. letters have been written to CNN complaining about this. there is a face book group called "I hate comcast newsmakers". Letters have been written to comcast as well. If Comcast wants to provide free "public service" programming they can do so on a number of channels that function as community bulletin boards, they do not have to interrupt HLN. please write HLN and tell them to stop this atrocity as soon as possible. 

Contributor

Oh noooooooooooooooo it's back!!! Say it ain't so!! lol

New Visitor
Snoozemakrhater

I just downgraded my service so I no longer have to pay for Headline News which is a total nightmare because of Comcast Newsmakers. Why can't Comcast read and heed all of the millions of complaints and forums and listen to people who call in and write in and complain in every way possible?

Comcast you must be so embarassed to put such low quality programming on during Prime Time, which ruins shows every half hour? I don't need to repeat all the other complaints here but I just wanted everyone to know they can downgrade to Economy Digital and still get most of the same channels except Headline and sports channels etc. I am saving $70.00 per month after calling to complain and downgrade. As soon as Uverse comes to my area, I will leave Comcast forever. Headline is turning into Casey TV anyway and Nancy Grace sucks worse all the time, you can all do without it!

Comcast, Get these retired old hacks on Snoozemakers off our prime time airwaves and put them on their own channel or their own show for a half hour a day. Or let them just retire like normal broadcasters, for gods sake! There is no need to constantly repeat the same stupid useless information over and over and over and over again, by the way!!!! Why do you have to interrupt every half hour to give us the same information over and over for weeks on end? Get a clue Comcast, you just lost my business and I would expect more of that to come from other fed up viewers. Stop ripping us off!!

New Visitor
CMarPA

Really tired of Comcast newsmakers interuppting programming. Put this on a seperate channel not in the middle of something I am watching. Especially annoying is when these bits are political

New Visitor
CMarPA

I agree