Bronze Star Contributor
grday

Commerical saying we could lose are local tv stations.

Commercial saying we could lose are local tv stations.   What I am asking is whom at Comcast will let congress know about this.   What department can I mail my comment to.     I basically want to tell Comcast if local stations go away so does subscribers of limited service.   I am sure comcast does not want to lose millions of dollars.  Contact congress yourself doesn't do any good.   Hearing from a big company will.  

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Commerical saying we could lose are local tv stations.

you need to get one of the free digital transition boxes to get your local channels or get an over the air antenna.  these are supplied in most markets free of charge.   Comcast supplies your local channels and would never go to the govt for anything for their customers as what they do skirts the vail of legality in the first place.

Bronze Star Contributor
grday

[ Edited ]

rog you are misunderstanding my post.   This has nothing to do with needing or not needing a box.   This has something to do with the airwaves.   I am wanting to mail the person at comcast who takes care of legislative stuff on behalf of comcast.    This effects other cable companies not just comcast and people who watch over the air tv.    I saw a commercial that says "Protect local tv"  call you congressmen.  I know this does no good unless it comes from a business.     If over-the-air broadcast channels go off the air,   I & others on limited service will have no choice but to cancel cable.    Over-the-air people who not use their tvs except to watch dvds, vhs.

My main point, I want to know the person to write at comcast that takes care of legislative stuff.  I also want to write about another issue as well that I can't discuss here,  it maybe against the forum rules.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

over the air tv is not going anywhere I think they mean your local channels, like your town channels.  For instance in nJ we have njn new jersey network.  That is what that means.  Not all over the air channels like abc, nbc, cbs. 

Bronze Star Contributor
grday

Rog,  not sure what you meant by the last comment.     For example my local stations is wrtv6 out of Indianapolis.   Another one is wthr13 and so forth.    What the commercial is talking about, is they could all go off the air permanently it doesn't matter if you have cable or over-the-air.    It also a comcast & other cable company issue, because if the local stations are forced off the air,  then it would basically eliminate the limited service package for all cable companies.      That why I want to write the person who takes care of legislative matters at congress.    

I found a site about it,   I still don't get why switching bands would effect local tv.    Except for my grammar,  I usually understand about the airwaves.    I read the faq.  Some of it is confusing.  The station being forced to share a tower with another station that refuses to sell it locations to another company like a cell phone provider.  

http://www.thefutureoftv.org/

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

[ Edited ]

This is what grday is talking about.

http://www.thefutureoftv.org/ 

And grday Comcast is probably in favor of having over the air go away. Believe me with all the "cutting the cord" that is happening in which Comcast is losing subscribers over trust me Comcast would love to have over the air taken away if they think some people will come back to Comcast. 

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

exactly, why would comast want to have over the air signals they want everyone to have to purchase a box to watch tv thats their goal right now as they are requiring everyone no matter what to get a box even to view clear qam channels in some markets.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

I would let my cogressman and senators know this directly from me, not Comcast. It would affect Comcast but if they have a say the outcome will be more beneficial to them then me.

I have contacted both my state and federal representatives on issues in the past. We elected them to work for us. If we don't tell them how we feel on a subject I don't know what information they are getting from other sources that have a finacial stake in the matter.

They need both sides input. I am sure they are getting Comcasts already through Comcasts lobbyiests.

Regular Contributor
BearHooks

I would not worry about a thing. Your local channels with Comcast or any provider are not going away. Sounds like a scare tactic to get a person to change services. Commercials are made to entice people to their product, and to sway them away from others.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Since this is post is not a request or question for Comcast support, this thread is now locked.