Contributor

Compare Channel Packages?

After two years as a Comcast Triple Play customer, my bill has just jumped signficantly.  I am shopping the channel package offerings, but there is no easy way to compare the offerings side-by-side. Is there any way to view ALL channels, with color-coding to indicate packages? Comcast used to offer a printed channel lineup that showed what was starter, basic, preferred, etc....

Thanks,

Cindy

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: Compare Channel Packages?

They usually include channel listings in at least one bill a year.  Copies of your bills are available online, or you can go to the Comcast office and request a list of channels broken down by package.

Contributor

Thanks, WarEagle, for that quick reply.  I don't keep anything but the actual bill, but there is a local Comcast office that I can stop into.

Thanks,

Cindy

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

The listings are part of one of the bills, rather than an insert, and the bills are available if you log into your account online.

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

Unless you're in a market like mine, where the channel cards and price lists are sent in a separate mailing and are not available using "View Bill". In that case subscribers might need to call customer service, or visit a service center.

New Visitor
corn-fritters

Hi Cindy,

I was looking for a good channel lineup that compares what's in each package too. The list you get when you go to Programming > Channel Lineup from the main Comcast page is only useful to find the specific channel numbers in your area.

To get a list of channels that will help you select which package you want to subscribe to, go to http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Learn/DigitalCable/digitalcable.html. It's got the channels listed in a box on the right. Then below that box, you will see a link that says Compare side-by-side to get a list with columns for each package.

In case the above links don't work for you, to get to that page from the main Comcast page, select  Products > Xfinity TV.

Contributor

I found a list that was useful to me

Go to http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Learn/DigitalCable/digitalcable.html
Look for Already a customer? and click "See Offers"
Enter your info and sign in as a customer.
Scroll down the page until you see a link for "View Channel Lineup" and click it
Select "Digital Premier" from the drop down list.
On that same page you will see the link "Print your channel lineup" -- Click that
You don't have to print it -- the new page that opens lists every package and the channels in them for your area and the names of the packages should match what is on your bill.