New Visitor
rafala

Current TV/Al Jazeera

[ Edited ]

Current TV station has just been sold to Al-Jezerra a terrorist TV station .     Time Warner has dropped the station I believe you should to. 

Contributor
ChiPol

Drop Current TV and Add theBlazeTV

[ Edited ]

CurrentTv was an epic failure.  Lost money but still found its way into millions of homes and on Cable providers.  CurrentTv also says that Al Jazeera aligns closely with what CurrentTV believes in and that is why they sold their tv rights to Al Jazeera.  I don't believe that is what the avearge American or customer of Comcast believes in viewing or being a part of.  However, theBlazeTV is a successful television station that offers positive programming.  You may not agree with the political viewpoints sometimes, but at least its values do not align closely with CurrentTV or Al Jazeera.  I encourage Comcast to offer theBlazeTV as a channel and remove the soon to be Al Jazeera channel.

Contributor
BlurryEyed

Re: Drop Current TV, Add TheBlazeTV

How many hours of Al Jazeera English have you watched? What did they do that's so offensive to you? I'm sure you haven't downloaded their app so you can watch on your smartphone, but you can watch their live stream here: http://www.aljazeera.com/watch_now/

Isn't the Blaze part of Glen Beck's attempt at humor? He was too crazy for Fox, so he's obviously not right for sane Americans.

New Visitor
ojrubin

If Al Gore believes that Al-Jazzera is closely aligned to the beliefs of Current TV there is something wrong with him. The Chairman of Al Jazeera is Sheikh Hamad bin Thamer al-Thani. It was made by decree made by Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa of Qatar where it's based. Not American values, Democrat or Republican. I think Comcast should drop this channel just like Time Warner did!
New Visitor

How many hours of Al J. International have YOU watched?  They hate the USA and all things western.  They are lying to you and have been for years.  

Stop carrying CURRENT channel.  

Visitor
josborn828

Al Jazeera's buy out of Current TV

[ Edited ]

Time Warner has already decided to pull the new channel from their line up.  Is xfinity going to do the same?  I hope they decide to remove it and invite others to make their vote known, whatever it may be.

New Visitor

Re: Al Jazeera's buy out of Current TV

I totally agree.  Comcast needs to pull this channel like Time Warner did.  Comcast, are you reading these posts?  Checking to see if AT&T or Dish Network are carrying this channel or, if so, will be removing it from their lineups.  Those posters who say "don't watch it", not the point, it's the principal.  When an American wanted to purchase this long time failing channel the owner said no and yet they sell to known terrorists?

Contributor
BlurryEyed

I disagree. I've watched Al Jazeera English, and they're reporting news from a part of the world we never hear about. US news is too busy telling you about pop stars and animals stuck in storm drains.

The world doesn't revolve around America and if you watched any international news channel, you'd get that. BBC World is good, and no one can watch CNN International here, so keeping the Current channel when it switched to AJE would be great.

Interesting that a couple of posts about this change (positive & negative) were here on the forum last night and have been deleted. Shame on you, Comcast.

Contributor
antenna

Oh they're reading the posts. They deleted my criticism about the terror supporting Al-Jazeera. ACHTUNG COMCAST!

Regular Contributor
NoNonsense

Pretty sad to see fellow Americans advocating censorship of other people's ideas.  What are you scared about?  You have so little faith in the strenght of our ideology that you think those scary foreigners are going to convert us to their ways?  Come on.  Will they convert a few idiots?  Sure, but idiots could/and are converted to anything.  But, not only will America as a whole remain unconvinced by them, they will IGNORE them.  So should you instead of wasting your time in the sky is falling scenarios.  Pathetic.

New Visitor

Watch AL J International.  They hate all western freedoms.  Wake up. It's nothing but lies on the arabic side. The english version bares NO resemblence to what they broadcast in the rest of the world. 

New Visitor
BDB426

Current TV sold to Al Jazeera TV please drop this channel!

after hearing the news that Current TV was sold to Al Jazeera TV, I hope you are planning to drop this channel, as Time Warner is doing. We do not want to support this channel in any way!

Contributor

Re: Current TV sold to Al Jazeera TV please drop this channel!

I second the motion.

New Visitor
AA3_mantse

nope . the more the better
New Visitor
AA3_mantse

which chanel is it on anyways ? can anybody tell me where to find Current tv on xfinity cable ?
Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Have any of you who want the channel to be dropped ever LOOKED at it to see what types of things they report? Have you WATCHED any of their news videos online? For those of you who haven't I suggest you do so.

If you don't want to watch it do what millions of others do when there is a channel they don't like-DON'T WATCH IT.

Personally, I think that the only way to know how people think is to HEAR what they have to say. The only way to intelligently counter them is by knowing what they believe.

While there might be some bias it's no more or no less than the bias shown by other news networks.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
TurtleBoy

Drop Al Jazzera

Their anti-American and anti-semitic content has no place on this cable system. Drop them or I'll drop Comcast. 

New Visitor
easyc10

Al-Jazeera buys Current TV

With its purchase of left-leaning Current TV, the Pan-Arab news channel Al-Jazeera has fulfilled a long-held quest to reach tens of millions of U.S. homes. But its new audience immediately got a little smaller.

The nation's second-largest TV operator, Time Warner Cable Inc., dropped Current after the deal was confirmed Wednesday, a sign that the channel will have an uphill climb to expand its reach.

COMCAST SHOULD DROP CURRENT TV AS WELL

Contributor
JERIROB

current channel 107

Comcast, I want  to see this: "Our agreement with Current has been terminated and we will no longer be carrying the service. We are removing the service as quickly as possible,"

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/01/03/pan-arab-al-jazeera-buys-network-cofounded-by-al-gore-in-b...

Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

Re: current channel 107

I will promise you that you will NOT be seeing that.

New Visitor
SixGuns

DROP CURRENT TV

Please drop Current TV as it has been bought by the Arab Terrorist Support Network.

New Visitor
mzloretta

Don't Drop Current TV because of Al Jazeera purchase

I read Al Jazeera all the time as an alternative to a deteroiting US news space.  CNN is embarrassingly bad and Fox is, well, not news .... and full of hate.

I can't get FSTV or Link on Comcast, and have paid thousands to Comcast over the years. 

Please consider not folding to right wing fear around this. 

Thank you.

Contributor
BlurryEyed

Re: Don't Drop Current TV because of Al Jazeera purchase

Agreed. The more voices the better. No one can watch CNN International in the US, so we're stuck with the lame US channel. BBC World is excellent, and so is Al Jazeera English. I've actually watched it, and like it a lot. There are many things happening in the world that the US audience never gets to hear about.

Please keep @AJEnglish.

New Visitor
streetdoc

CurrentTV/Al-Jjazeera America

Time for Comcast to follow Time Warner's lead and drop this channel since Al Gore decided to sell the network to Al-Jazeera. 

New Visitor
mzloretta

Re: CurrentTV/Al-Jjazeera America

I think this is great.  I read Al Jazeera all the time.  They have very good news coverage; far superior to CNN and my local news.  I can't get FSTV or LINK on Comcast.  I can sure get Faux Noise, tho'.  I can sure get the American Taliban station: Faux Noise, sigh.

Contributor
BlurryEyed

Re: CurrentTV/Al-Jjazeera America

Absolutely not! Al Jazeera English is a great addition to the lineup. Right now the only way I can watch is thru their YouTube channel or the smartphone app. I'd love to be able to watch on it on my tv with all the other news networks.

I know it's hard for some Americans to believe, but the world does not revolve around America. There are other points of view, just as valid as ours. Comcast should keep Al Jazeera English.

Contributor
antenna

Al (sellout) Gore sells out Current TV to Al-Jazeera

This gives the Islamist terrorist supporters a back door to propagandize to America 24/7. Comcast must DROP this channel, to protect our grandchildren from the hate the oil money from Saudi Arabia promotes.

Visitor

current tv/al-jazeera

PLEASE drop current tv/ al-jazeera, we already get enough hate from msnbc (R Maddow) as it is. I wish the cable news people could come up with a real news show that does not lean left or right but covers the news from more then one angle.

Contributor
ChiPol

I am not advocating nor calling for censorship of anyone.  I am spending money for my cable programming and I am advocating that Comcast not spend the money that I pay to them to have Al Jazeera programming.  I am advocating that Comcast offer theBlazeTV as an alternative.  Al Jazeera can still exist and they should have a right to.  They can just exist on some other provider or start up their own cable provider.  Or just exist online.  There is no need to pay them my money for their programming.  I believe most Comcast customers agree. 

Contributor
BlurryEyed

Channel 107 in most Comcast service areas.

Contributor
BlurryEyed

I've watched quite a bit of AJE in the last year. I've never seen anything anti-women or anti-American.

Contributor
ChiPol

This is weird.  I started this discussion and ComcastJoe has removed me from starting this discussion.  ComcastJoe has attempted to changed the title of the thread, which I rechanged back.  Now ComcastJoe has removed me as the starter of the discussion just so the title of the thread could be renamed.  I am confused as I do not believe that I violated any policies of the message board.  Am I saying something or doing something that Comcast does not like and is silencing me?  Just curious.  Just trying to advocated better channels for Comcast to have.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

ChiPol, the posts have been merged into one thread. In theoy this will keep the posts concerning this issue from overshadowing posts about actual issues and problems.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Visitor

CURRENT (channel 107)

I respectfully submit to you that if you do not terminate channel 107 ( "CURRENT") I will terminate all of my services I have with you.

New Visitor
xSidwinderx

All Jazz has got to go......

I have no desire to spend my subscription dollars on this channel.  There is a shelf life to how long I will wait for Comcast to do the right thing and then adios amigos to my triple play..

New Visitor
JoeMiami

Comcast do not suppress the voices against Al Jazeera

no censorship !  do not carry an sharia Law based  terrorist friendly channel  in this country!

Contributor

Re: Comcast do not suppress the voices against Al Jazeera

You go Joe ! ! ! ! !

New Visitor
druro

Current TV/ Al Jezeera

Xfinity should follow Time- Warner's lead and drop Current TV before AlJezeera takes over.

Remember the Koranic principal of Taqiyya which allows lying to the infidels. That is what Al Jezeera- America will utilize to further its ideals.

New Visitor
JoeMiami

Re: Current TV/ Al Jezeera

[ Edited ]

they have practiced disinformation and the disribution of lies for years. It's a Sharia indoctrination channel. Coming to America now  !

New Visitor
sailorbobsub

al-jazeera tv

Current TV has been sold to an anti-american muslim controlled media outlet al jazeera. Do not allow this anti-American media to be on our Comcast channels.

Contributor

Re: al-jazeera tv

Let's see how long this post stays alive.

I'm in total agreement.

Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

Re: al-jazeera tv

I find Al-Jazeera TV (English) to be as relevent and fair as Faux News.  To each his/her own, the more "choices" the better..   YMMV

New Visitor
sn01

DROP CURRENT TV

PLEASE DROP CURRENT TV.  WE DON'T  NEED ANTIAMERICAN BIAS ON THE AIR WAVES.

New Visitor
JoeMiami

Re: Drop Current TV from e channel line up

you are wasting your time - the moderators are blocking all responses to this>>> guess Al Jazzeera bought Comcast too! You are now in Sharia law  territory!

Contributor

Sensorship

Yep, Comcast is slapping a read only on any discussion they don't like.

Mainly this Al Gorzeera mess.

He tried his best to sell the network before 12/31 to avoid the taxes his own party

supports.

Good luck replying to this, but all are welcomed.

New Visitor
gtrotter08

Drop Current TV from e channel line up

Request Comcast immediately drop Current TV since it is being purchased by Al-Jazeeconsidered is anti-American and promotes destruction to the American way of life.  

Gary Trotter

Recognized Contributor
Sevebp

Re: Drop Current TV from e channel line up

Al Gore and this buddies are dangerious and even more is Al-jazeera  however  Comcast is the parent company of NBC and Universal so I am sure they willl work to undermine this country thanks to Al Gore and  Al-Jazera.  More concerned subscribers and citizens need to  stop this  we are living is very dangerious times.

I know there will be those on this board saying it is freedom of speech and Gary and I are nuts but one day Al Gore and others will regret this sale of the no rated Current TV and see a distruction of the United States due to those evil organizations that want to see this country fall.  Comcast should do the right thing and drop Current/Al-Jazera America now!

New Visitor
New Visitor
Z8

Re: Current TV/Al Jazeera

Who are you people that watch Al Jazeera? Do you have an agenda? Al Jazeera does not belong on any American channel period. Been a customer for years. Now it's highway for you guys! No Al Jazeera!

New Visitor
lvngwater

Dear Comcast/Xfinity... please have the moral integrity and American patriotism to remove "Current TV" aka the new anti-American/anti-Semitic Al Jazeera channel from your channel lineup or I will be cancelling my cable subscription and telling everyone I know to do the same.

I know... I can just choose to not watch it, but I just don't want Al Jazeera making one cent off of my monthly cable bill whether I choose to watch the channel or not! God forbid that our cable subscription payments somehow "indirectly" help to increase terrorism efforts against America and Israel by spewing anti-American/anti-Semitic propaganda and sentiment.

Time/Warner Cable of all providers had the guts to remove it, will you have the guts to do the same?

Perhaps we all need to start an actual "snail mail" campaign which would be much harder to ignore than simply hiding or deleting forum posts?

Comcast Corporation
Comcast Center
1701 JFK Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19103

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

[ Edited ]

Let me ask this.  Have you ever seen al jazeera america tv?  or are you just going on what you see broadcast on american tv from al jazeera?   Remember this the extremests in iraq used al jazeera to show their videos because they had no other way to get it distributed to show us.  In their world that is a scoop for them and they allowed us to see what those extremests were doing and saying. 

I have never seen al Jazeera tv america.   have you? I would be curious to see what they actually broadcast.   they put in a bid for 500 million dollars for the network so they obviouisly have backing.  Why dont we all just wait and see what comcast does instead of flying off the handle here.    all other providers are still planning on showing the network except TM.  This will be an interesting few months.  

have you ever watched BBC america?   if not you should, they report the news in a very different way no agenda.  

did you know that two weeks ago a movie theatre in san antonio it got shot up by a man trying to kill his girlfriend but an off duty cop killed the guy. 

You probably never heard of this, you know why, because it did not meet the american news agenda of  reporting only the bad that happens to us.  If a bad guy is stopped by an off duty officer  that does not make the news because it shows that guns can stop people and its not dramatic.

see for youself below.   this is the news your news does not tell you about.  Any comments.

you need to remember this also, the news that is reported in america also has an agenda, what you see reported is not  the whole story or any story for that matter, if you want to see what really happens here from an independant source then look to other areas than your own news.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Two-wounded-in-theater-shooting-4122668.php