New Visitor
jamier-123

Digital Economy package does not get half the channels online

I have the digital economy package and I'm not able to watch the following channels:

SpikeTV

Cartoon Network/Adult Swim

CNN

But am able to watch:

AMC

Animal Planet

A&E

E!

Please help! I mostly wanted SpikeTV and Adult Swim.

http://www.comcast.com/MediaLibrary/1/2/CM/VanityURL/documents/michigan/East_Lansing_Area_Lineup.pdf

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Digital Economy package does not get half the channels online

go here, put in your address then look at the grid for your package see if those channels are part of it.  What cable box are you using.?

http://www.comcast.com/programming/channellineup/all.html

New Visitor
jamier-123

The PDF shows which channels I should be getting. I was told I would get those channels on my iPhone/iPad also, and that has not come true yet. The Digital Economy package. 

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

you cannot watch live tv on your mobile devices only ondemand type shows through the xfinitytv app.

New Visitor
jamier-123

I wasn't trying to watch live TV. I was trying to watch an older episode of Metalocalypse. I knew it wasn't live and I'm happy it's not live. I just want to be able to watch channels that I was told would be made available on a mobile device.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Do you meet these requirements?  Is it not available on your tv?  What cable box do you have?  You need a motorola box.

Requirements

• iPad, iPhone (3G or newer) or iPod touch (2nd generation or newer)/iOS 4.0 or later
  • Android phone with Android OS 2.1, 2.2 or 2.3
  • Android tablet with Android 3.0*
  • Play Now feature available on iPad, iPhone 3GS or newer, and iPod touch 3rd generation or newer over WiFi connection
  • Internet connection (Wireless or 3G)
  • XFINITY TV or Comcast Digital TV service
  • Compatible cable/set-top box (for TV and DVR control)
  • Comcast ID or Comcast.net email address and password
  • 
Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

In my market they are planning to remove SpikeTV from Digital Economy. Don't know if that will be nationwide or not. This was an announcement in a bill from a month ago.

The PDF is dated from July 2011. It takes Comcast a while to get some of their data updated.

Visitor

I hate Comcast so much.  They have removed TNT, ESPN and others you have mentioned from the lineup and basically you have to upgrade (which I will not do).  I can watch these channels on those stupid little free boxes but not my HD box i pay for.  What a joke.

New Visitor
lescoffery

I have the same problem. I called Comcast and it seems the only way to get the listing is to write down the channels that the Comcast agent reads to you! I cannot believe this - after waiting for about 10 minutes to get a person on the phone this was the only solution the agent could offer.