Contributor
Accepted Solution

Digital Preferred

How can I find out the Channel Lineup for Digital Preferred in my area? The programming link at the top does not work as well as some of the links in the forum are old. Somewhere there should be a list of the 100+ digital channels available in the plan.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Re: Digital Preferred

Go directly to the Comcast.com site and follow the channel programming link on that site.

Should be more up to date link

Contributor

No it's not..  Shows the lineup but you can't tell what is in the digital prefered package.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Does the pull down menu work?

Every once in a while that site seems to go on vacation.

Contributor

There are pull down menus? :smileyhappy: No, just kidding. I have never seen any pull down menus from that page. I found a link at one time but not sure where i found it. A little frustrating....

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

[ Edited ]

Yeah, but I have heard other people have that problem. That is when the site seems to be getting worked on. Usually located under this part of the page. Will say Select Package type

Instructions:

First, select your package type from the dropdown box below. Click on a category in the Interests column to narrow the list of channels, or click on the arrows () to sort the Number and Channel columns. You can always click on All Channels to reset the list. Go ahead, find your favorite channels!

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Try this link and see if it gets you to the page for setting your location. Then you might be able to get into the channel packages.

https://www.comcast.com/Localization/Localize.cspx?Referer=%2fCustomers%2fClu%2fChannelLineup.ashx%3...

Contributor

No.... Like I said I have tried everything in every post in this forum I could find... Comcast needs to provide this information easier... That link takes you to the same page... and yes, I have tried IE as well as Firefox..

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

That has been an ongoing issue from different parts of the country not getting the pull down menus either showing up or working. Doesn't make sense why it won't work for some people versus others from other parts of the country. I suspect the local headend servers are having some problems or work being done. I see issues at times that other people don't see.  Do you have Safari on your computer? It does work with PCs. I have found at times when IE or Firefox don't work Safari does on Comcast sites. I have had that issue where IE won't respond on Comcast sites correctly and they work perfectly with Safari. A few days later no issues with either browser.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

No I have no need to install Safari... Thanks for the help but I am not loading anything Apple related on my computer just to see Comcasts site. Sorry, I am a programmer so not buying the it works for one browser not another. It either works or it doesn't, and right now for the last several weeks if not months it has not worked.

Thanks but maybe someone from Comcast will take note and reply and have the page fixed for good this time.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Yeah, I have some friends who are programmers also. I usually use IE but tried Safari for a issue with one Comcast site. Keep seeing this a lot on Comcast sites at times. If you want I could notify one of the forum administrators for you if you want. They could start the ball rolling on getting the link fixed.

I can get into the site from MN. Of course they are changing channels, some added, some changing names so it is in flux again. That could be the problem on your end.

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

MagnumAL wrote:

...Sorry, I am a programmer so not buying the it works for one browser not another. It either works or it doesn't...

Do you really believe that????  :smileyconfused:

Email Expert
CCCarole

F.W.I.W.- I just tested with IE8 and with FF 3.6 and every link/drop-down works for me-

Either from within the Forums or by going to comcast.com.  I live in the midwest.  WarEagle- Do they work for you?

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Dropdowns work fine for me, with FF or IE.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

I can get that site to work with FF, IE8, and Safari. Even in the past I have seen other people post that they have no pull down menus available also. It even worked for me before I replied to the OP.

Contributor

Yes I do actually...... It works off zipcode and address, so while it probably works for some, it sounds as though Comcast has messed up the list for my area. It has nothing to do with the type of browser.... If they have not populated it for my area, it probably won't provide the option to select.

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

There are many  (too many) web sites with features that work with one browser but not another.  This may not be one of those, but they exist.

Contributor

Thanks for the help WarEagle, but you are not helping.

ROLLTIDE

Contributor

If you go to the programming page and it does not provide a drop down menu, it is having a problem finding your zip code. For me it shows the wrong city/State across the top. HOWEVER. There is a single link close to the top of that page that says "Print your Channel Lineup". It lists my correct location and states it was updated 8/4/2010. It also lists the Digital Premuim Channels and appears to be correct, it matches the blanked out channels on my tv. It also lists the Premium channels.

So I will consider this the solution I was looking for.

New Visitor
Roaring_Mouse

Has anyone been able to answer this question yet?  I have no drop down menu and the "print channel lineup" as no Digital Preferred category.

New Visitor
richard5009

I cannot find Digital Preferred channel lineup anywhere.  Comcast even said they had e-mailed it to me, but the e-mail said it was unavailable.  They must be playing games to our disadvantage to make something so basic impossible to obtain

New Visitor

I was able to retrieve the channel lineup for my area. But, if you have Digital Preferred, and you want to know what ALL your digital channels are you need to view and print the lesser Digital packages and the Preferred package and combine them yourself to see what you're actually getting. To me it's a poor process when you can't just view packages side-by-side to decide what you want to subscribe to.