Contributor

Digital Starter VS. Digital Classic

Ok, so I looked at both packages, channel lineup looks the same to me, but the prices dont.  I am just trying to figure out whats different between these 2.

I am a new subscriber, so I will be also adding DVR and a HD package (I already know prices etc, and will be adding both to either one of these packages)

Sorry if I left out any other information.

TIA

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: Digital Starter VS. Digital Classic

[ Edited ]

I don't have a Digital Classic package listed in my area, so I can't tell what difference there may be.  The difference may only be an introductory promotional rate for one.  The only HD package is just the substitution of the HD box or HD DVR for the standard one -- you get whatever HD channels are available corresponding to the channels in your non-HD lineup.

(Edited to indicate that Classic is the package I can't see, rather than Starter.)

Message Edited by WarEagle57 on 04-23-2009 12:57 PM
Contributor

I thought the same thing, but they are named different.  Also the starter has a intro price for 29.99 for the 1st 6 months then goes up.  The classic is a fixed price and doesnt go up! So im back to square 1.

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

The online Comcast lists are a joke.

Here in the Chicago area, there is a big difference. Digital Starter is little more than Standard (expanded basic), with a few extra digital channels (mainly broadcast subchannels), and OnDemand. Classic adds most all but the premiums, Sports/Entertainment, Spanish, and ethnic. It also includes the Encore channels.

Different areas may have different lineups. You may want to post what area you are in to see if somebody has a better list.

Contributor

[ Edited ]
HAHA, Im in NW indiana, So I feel what you are saying, there are to many packages.  Comcast should offer a package where you can pick your channels you want, but thats another topic.
Message Edited by Xdreamer on 04-23-2009 02:55 PM