Visitor

Digital economy cable package...

I am switching to a digital cable economy package for my tv service. I think it comes out to 32.99 for the service with some 50 channels. But I have no idea what channels come with it. Because the only ones I can find on comcast.com are basic, expanded basic, digital starter, premier etc. no economy option....anyone help? zip code 49087. Thanks....
Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: Digital economy cable package...

I've never heard of the package.  Perhaps you could find out from your local Comcast office.
Networking Expert
Weil

They have added such a package in our area too and I could find it at www.comcast.com after looking at my channel lineup under different packages.  They removed all of the HD channels and call it economy!

sam 

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

I see the "Economy Tier" channels listed now.  It still has the local HD channels -- nothing about it as far as price is concerned.
Networking Expert
Weil

Sorry, my mistake.  Yes, the Starter has some of the higher channels and the Economy does not.  And no, I have no idea what the price is.  The economy appears to match that available when you have QAM tuner equipped tv and therefore will be the ultimate standard.
Silver Problem Solver
andyross

I wonder if Digital Economy is essentially the replacement for Standard (expanded basic)? Maybe without the extra channels of Starter, and may not even include any cable box, just DTA's?
Contributor

The definition of the Digital Economy package seems to have changed recently.

I looked at its channel  lineup a few months ago, and then again two weeks ago.

It used to have SOME of the Extended Basic cable channels. No sports channels, no TNT or Syfy, but AMC and Disney and a few others.

Now, it is essentially "Limited Basic plus music channels."

If you're not interested in music, and have a digital tuner, there is NO REASON to get it, because it appears to be what you'd see if you ditched the STB and simply attached your TV to the cable outlet. 

In fact, you'd be better off, because the STB wouldn't be blocking your local HD stations.

New Visitor
Buckwheat714

The Digital Ecomnomy does NOT include TBS or TNT or ESPN, only basic channels like ANimal Planet, A&E, AMC, Cartoon Netwrk, Hallmark, History, and Disney

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Old thread => locked.