Visitor

Digital preferred plus channel lineup

Does Digital preferred plus include local channels and 20-99 (MTV, E, TNT, Fox News, CNN, ESPN, AMC, comedy central, etc)? on the comcast site, one place does not have them listed in the package, one does (for about $101.) What's the real story? Incredibly frustrating to find out what's included in these packages. this is in metro west boston area.

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: Digital preferred plus channel lineup

If you select the "Programming" tab near the top of this page, then click on the "Channel Lineup" dropdown, you can enter your location to see listings of the lineups for various packages.  They may vary by location.
Visitor

I'm looking for lineups and costs - one part of the site says those channels are included in digital preferred plus, another part of the site does not list them. How can people shop and know what they are paying for?
Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Call Comcast and ask.
Regular Contributor
truerock2

[ Edited ]

I called Comcast.  They told me that "Digital Preferred Plus" has all of the channels that "Digital Preferred" has plus:

hbo
starz
showtime
cinemax
encore

The next obvious question... well then why would I buy "Digital Premier"?  "Digital Premier" has some obscure sports channels I am not familiar with.  I'm just starting to try to understand this... but, it seems like unless you are some over-the-top-sports-nut... you probably do not want "Digital Premier" when you could pay less for "Digital Preferred Plus".

Obviously it is bizarre that it is not listed in the channel line-up web page.  Perhaps it is considered a temporary offer.  I think HBO and other premium channels are in a recent battle with other services like Netflix and this is a recent change... just me guessing.

Apparently this issue is not understood by most of the individuals answering the Comcast 1-800 customer service phones.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

4 1/2 year old dead thread now locked.

Start a new thread if you have a question.