New Visitor
espswim
Accepted Solution

Disney Jr Channel/List of channels covered in my service

I am told that the Disney Jr channel is now carried by Comcast in my area - where can I find a list of channels included in my service so that I can find the Disney Jr channel.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: Disney Jr Channel/List of channels covered in my service

Use the remote to go into the programming menu and do a search for one of shows which Disney Junior will be airing. Handy Manny  is a good one to use. 

If results are found you will see the channel number.

OR

Hit the guide button on your remote.  Go to the regular (old) Disney channel and scroll over with the right arrow button until you find a cartoon such as Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  Then press the info button on your remote, and then select the option that looks like a clock ("view upcoming times for this title")   All the upcoming episodes and times for Mickey Mouse clubhouse will then be displayed, along with the channel name and number.  Scroll through the upcoming times until you see Disney Jr. next to one of the listings.

OR

Click  the blue Programming tab at the top of this page, choose Channel Lineup. Enter the info. You might not get the lineup for your area because it appears Comcast is working on "improving" the page and it may not be updated for your area.

This is from ComcastTeds

The channel will be included to customers who have our Digital Preferred package (and higher). The channel is expected to be available to most all Comcast customers by April 26, 2012.

In some Comcast areas, Disney Junior will replace SoapNet and be located on the same channel number where SoapNet is today. 

Some Comcast areas will be adding Disney Jr. to a new channel location (not the current/previous SoapNet location).

The channel location for Disney Junior will vary depending on your location.

Check your monthly Comcast invoice or your Message Center on your cable box for additional information (Press Menu twice on the silver Comcast remote control then select Messages).

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
espswim

Thank you.

New Visitor

I found The Disney Junior Channel in Hudson County NJ: its channel 121, but its not in HD !! 

Comcast  "pinch my papayas," I make a car payment to you monthly, and you can't cough up HD for the toddlers ??? Inexcusable 

Contributor
Dougizagrip

Disney Jr. is a waste of digital space. Bring back SoapNet.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

SoapNet could be brought back. But eventually it would disappear again when they flip the switch to permanently shut down.

Personally, I think SoapNet is a waste of digital space.

FWIW, Comcast still airs SoapNet in Tuscaloosa.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor

Correction its actually channel 120 in Hudson County, but again not in HD !!!!

Visitor
dssonnier

okay I looked at comcast packages.  I have Digial starter with HD package and according to the online and as well as the channel list with all packages, Disney Jr channel is not on there.  I see the channel in my list, but I don't get the channel.  What package does the channel come with and do I get that?

Thanks,

Daniel

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

dssonnier

Many of the other customers on the forums have reported that Disney Jr. is appearing on the Preferred tier.

I know in my market that is where it is at.

Visitor
dssonnier

Well what ever package it is, Comcast needs to get off their but and update their channel package listings.  I won't be surprised if it takes them a decade to do this though, unless a million of their customers were to shout out, they don't move that fast to fix things and of course when they do fix something, you get charged rediculiously on your billing....