Official Employee
ComcastTeds

ESPN Goal Line Information

[ Edited ]

Most all areas of Comcast will be offering ESPN Goal Line.

ESPN Goal Line is currently scheduled to be added by the end of August in the most all of the areas listed below.

This channel will be a part of the Sports Entertainment Package.

AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, LA, NC, NH, NM, NY, MA, MD, MI, MN, MS, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, WA, WV, UT, VA, VT

While the overwhelming majority of all Comcast areas are scheduled to add ESPN Goal Line, there are some minor exceptions; most of those exceptions are based on channel bandwidth availability in some smaller Comcast systems notably in FL, KY, GA, IL, IN, MI, PA, SC, TN, WV, OH, and MD. 

ESPN Goal Line is scheduled to be added this week on channel 139 in Houston and Galveston, TX

Effective August 30, ESPN Goal Line will be available on WatchESPN, which offers 24/7 live programming from your favorite ESPN Networks on your computer, mobile phone and tablet. ESPN Goal Line includes unlimited live cut-ins and highlights from numerous college football games during each Saturday of the college football season.

All customers who receive ESPN Goal Line channel as part of their XFINITY Sports and Entertainment Package can access the channel’s live streaming coverage through WatchESPN. 

New Visitor
matt_perros

Re: ESPN Goal Line Information

ok so i got a note in the mail from our last bill that the espn goal line is coming but you all dont have mi is it coming to mi

Recognized Contributor

I am getting the channel in my area this fall, something I appreciate. That said, will an HD version be available in my or any other area soon? So far, it's available in SD only.

Also, for informational purposes, does one have to receive the channel on TV in order to receive it online via WatchESPN?
Official Employee
ComcastTeds

matt_perros wrote:

ok so i got a note in the mail from our last bill that the espn goal line is coming but you all dont have mi is it coming to mi

thanks, I added MI. I have more areas to add later tonight. 

Contributor

What channel will ESPN Goal Line be in South Central PA (Waynesboro, Chambersburg, Shippensburg, PA)?

New Visitor
Jondickerson

New Visitor
Jondickerson

You list OR but I haven't seen anything for goal line in the Salem area yet.
Official Employee
ComcastTeds

tomgossert wrote:

What channel will ESPN Goal Line be in South Central PA (Waynesboro, Chambersburg, Shippensburg, PA)?

Channel 259 as part of the Sports Entertainment Package.

Recognized Contributor
Jcato77

How about the Bay area - specifically the Pleasanton, Ca region?

Recognized Contributor
medziatkowicz

which systems in wv,western pa and ohio won't get the channel?

New Visitor
FredStorm

I see in Michigan it's channel 726 in SD. Will it be available in HD in Michigan?

Thank you,

Fred Storm

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

Jcato77 wrote:

Channel 428 as part of the Sports Entertainment Package.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

FredStorm wrote:

I see in Michigan it's channel 726 in SD. Will it be available in HD in Michigan?

Thank you,

Fred Storm

SD only at this time.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

medziatkowicz wrote:

which systems in wv,western pa and ohio won't get the channel?

Very small footprints in those areas:

WV: parts of Bluefield, Huntington and Red House

OH: Flushing, parts of Steubenville  

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

Jondickerson wrote:
You list OR but I haven't seen anything for goal line in the Salem area yet.

Check channel 422 as a part of the Sports Entertainment Package.

Bronze Star Contributor

Mo/Olathe get it to on the 30th.

Contributor
kcalccal

ComcastTeds:  Couldn't the ESPN goaline HD channel go on the same channel as NFL Red Zone?  With Red Zone on Sunday's only and Goal Line on Saturday's only, there would be no overlap, and in theory (I am a novice) no bandwidth issues.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

kcalccal wrote:

ComcastTeds:  Couldn't the ESPN goaline HD channel go on the same channel as NFL Red Zone?  With Red Zone on Sunday's only and Goal Line on Saturday's only, there would be no overlap, and in theory (I am a novice) no bandwidth issues.

The HD bandwidth is already dynamically allocated for NFL Red Zone when there is no programming on that channel so that the bandwidth is better utilized in the NFL off-season (and Monday throgh Saturday).

Our current contracts with ESPN and the NFL don't allow us to share these two channels on the same channel number location.

Contributor
kcalccal

Thanks for the information.  Surprised about the contract situation with ESPN covering the NFL on Monday's, but thanks for the quick reply. 

Recognized Contributor
Jcato77

Thanks,  nothing yet but will keep an eye out for it.

Regular Contributor
goaliebob99

Yes, but you just had two Olympic channel's that wer "dynamically" allocated and removed.  IF you can have the Olypmics up 24/7 part time for a month, You can have ESPN goal line too.   I havent seen any new additions that would be utilizing the olympic spots.  

Recognized Contributor

I'm glad to get this channel, unlike Pac-12 Network for reasons that remain murky at best. However, it's disappointing that ESPN Goal Line is available in SD only when other cable carriers offer it in HD as a matter of practice. Comcast should do so as well. It's almost 2013. HD is no longer some exotic format provided by massively expensive sets. We're at a point where carriers like Comcast need to consider HD the norm and cater to customers that have adopted it. If that means carrying a channel in HD only, so be it. Please add ESPN Goal Line in HD right away.
Regular Contributor
Hecbori787

ESPN Goal line has just been added in NE FL on channel 766; however, only in SD. It would be nice to be added in HD, I mean who really watches TV in SD format anymore!

Recognized Contributor
medziatkowicz

Problem is does comcast's agreement with espn include goal line in HD?
Bronze Star Contributor

Mine add it on 285 with nothing on 284 yet myabe PAC12 Network their or Fuel TV or MAVTV or Divscovery Fit Health or another Sports that Olathe/MO doesn't have yet that Comcast has. Also need to add all regional Sports/News/Weather Networks to all Comcast.

Visitor
AnnJennings

What about the area just sound of Philadelphia? Delaware county in particular? I haven't seen any information about it for my area.

Bronze Star Contributor

Don't you mean South of Phil? Also Buzzer Beater needs to be evryday in College Basketball Season because theirs Games everyday. Also needs to be a Hockey and Baseball version.

Recognized Contributor
Jcato77

ComcastTeds wrote:

Jcato77 wrote:

Channel 428 as part of the Sports Entertainment Package.

Teds - FYI I now can confirm I have 428 ESPNG - Would sure love it in HD but hey Its a start.

Recognized Contributor
medziatkowicz

you need to contact espn about making goal line and buzzer beater every game day. They make the decisions on the channels.

There is a MLB Strike Zone but comcast doesn't have an agreement with MLB to offer it.

There isn't a nhl version but I'm sure there will be one soon.

Visitor
AnnJennings

Yes I mean south of philly.

Visitor

How can you show Olympic channels in HD only and not have HD for ESPN Goal Line?

New Visitor
dougrguth3

update: ESPN Goal Line is currently scheduled to be added in Houston and Galveston,Texas on September 6.  Channel 139 Xfinity Sports and Entertainment Package. 

Regular Contributor

Good news: I have Goal Line :smileyhappy:

Bad news: Only in SD :smileysad:

New Visitor
DAB8

What channel will Goal Line be in Jacksonville, FL?

New Visitor

Channel 713   Philly area

New Visitor
slabook

What channel in Forsyth County, GA? Or are we the small section that won't get it?

Thanks.

Regular Contributor
Hecbori787

New Visitor
kmacinty

766 in Jax

Recognized Contributor

I have a Tivo Premier XL4 in one room and a Comcast supplied HD STB in another.  I also subscribe to the Sports/Entertainment package and receive all the channels in the package on both TV's.  On the Comcast STB, ESPN Goal Line was added earlier in the week and I receive it with no issues.  On the Tivo box it was intially not added as it was on the Comcast STB.  I opened a missing channel ticket with Tivo and they have since added it to their on screen guide.  Problem is when I tune to the channel, it says that it is not available and to contact my cable administrator.  Keep in mind, I have this on my other TV with the Comcast STB but just not with the Tivo box with the Comcast cablecard.  Any idea what's going on here????

Visitor
kellyf28

goal line

What channel is it on in augusta ga one person said its not offered here but i got a msg on my box talking about it coming n seen it displayed at a walmart for ppl to sign up
Visitor
kellyf28

What channel in augusta ga i got a msg on my box saying it was coming n i ordered the package n even seen it advertised in walmart but i asked a comcast person when after i ordered it n they said wasnt available in my area wth!
Official Employee
ComcastTeds

slabook wrote:

What channel in Forsyth County, GA? Or are we the small section that won't get it?

Thanks.

Only the following locations in GA currently offer ESPN GoalLine:

Quitman, Brunswick,Jekyll Island and St. Marys

Available on channel 766 as part of the Sports and Entertainment Package.   

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

Re: goal line

kellyf28 wrote:
What channel is it on in augusta ga one person said its not offered here but i got a msg on my box talking about it coming n seen it displayed at a walmart for ppl to sign up

Apologies for the confusion. I am looking into the situation in Augusta now.

Contributor
docsc

Comcast Teds, what you are not telling your customers is that ESPN Goal Line is only available in Standard Definition! My neighbor has FIOS and this channel is in HD! Who wants to watch a sporting event in SD? What's the reason for this?

New Visitor
Ami23

It's on Channel 766 in NE Florida.

Finally found it!

Recognized Contributor

Please add ESPN Goal Line/Buzzer Beater in HD. The SD version appears to be a downconverted version of the HD feed. Regardless, it looks awful and due to the ESPN policy of letter boxing its SD feeds, viewing on a 16:9 screen leaves the picture surrounded on all four sides by black bars. If Time Warner and Brighthouse can offer this station in HD, why can't Comcast as well?

New Visitor
bnceo

What channel is it for Bel Air, MD market?

I have Sports Package

New Visitor
osiris96

So what is the channel in the Chicago, IL suburbs market???

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

osiris96 wrote:

So what is the channel in the Chicago, IL suburbs market???

Channel 428.

Contributor
docsc

Comcast Teds. Since Comcast just cleared out over 50 HD channels that were duplicates to channels in the 800's in the Philly area, why can't the PAC12 network & ESPN Goal Line go in these slots in HD. You certainly have more than ample space for them now? Comcast should not charge extra for these channels on the Sports Pkg. when we can only get them in SD!