Visitor
kcarlson4

ESPN and WatchESPN on Digital Economy lineup

I am downgrading from Digital Preferred to Digital Economy (I'll be getting Comcast Blast Plus double play).

It looks like ESPN is not in the channel lineup for Digital Economy using the Comcast channel guide website.

However, when I called Comcast, they said that ESPN is channel 46 for Digital Economy in my area (Atlanta, zip code 30022). The Comcast rep said they use a different tool than the Comcast channel guide website.

My question is whether I''ll be able to view WatchESPN using the Android app on my phone when I downgrade to Digital Economy. I can use the WatchESPN app on my phone right now using Digital Preferred.

If so, will I be able to watch just ESPN on the WatchESPN app, or ESPN2 also. ESPN2 is not on the Digital Economy lineup.

Also, can you confirm that ESPN3.com is available for all Comcast internet plans, even without Comcast TV?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Kurt

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: ESPN and WatchESPN on Digital Economy lineup

[ Edited ]

ESPN is one of the most expensive channels Comcast has to pay the provider.  ESPN or related ESPN channels are not on Digital Economy and will not be available on the watch ESPN mobile app.

Sorry, don't know about the ESPN3.com, but doubtful if it would without a ESPN lintear TV channel subscription.

Contributor
qlr7

Up until recently, the ESPN3 (aka Watch ESPN) was available to those who had a TV subscription (if I'm not mistaken). I have had access to it for the last year or 2 (subject to applicable blackout), while on Digital Economy. I havent watched it recently, but when I tried to watch a game on the Watch ESPN app (and online) last month, I got greeted with the "ESPN not included...:" So Comcast must have fixed their systems for those pesky digital economy customers, blocking users with those plans out :smileysad: 

It was nice while it lasted. 

Visitor
kcarlson4

I have now downgraded to Digital Economy.

I do have access to espn3.com and can use the WatchESPN app on my Android, iPad, and XBOX--however, I can only view the ESPN3 channel. The other channels (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN U, etc.) say that I'm not subscribed (which is true).