Visitor
Pierluigi
Accepted Solution

FOX Sports 1

Xfinity/Comcast,

Are you adding FOX Sports 1 tomorrow (Aug. 17)? In East Windsor, N.J., what channel?

Pierliugi (not Collina)

Official Employee

Re: FOX Sports 1

I don't know about your area but its replacing Speed
Official Employee
ComcastTeds

[ Edited ]

Pierluigi wrote:

Xfinity/Comcast,

Are you adding FOX Sports 1 tomorrow (Aug. 17)? In East Windsor, N.J., what channel?

Pierliugi (not Collina)

Yes, Fox Sports 1 is replacing Speed in all Comcast areas on Saturday, August 17th at 6am ET.

Fox Sports 1 will be on the same channel where Speed is currently on.  

More details here: http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsports1/#

Visitor

I feel that this change will reduce the availability of car racing and car related shows. I am very disapointed in this change. I am a big fan of F1 and AMLS and think these will be short changed. I think that Fox owns the speed channel so why cut it short.
Contributor
eb684

[ Edited ]
Ok, I'm going to try to make this easy for all of you...SPEED is going away. Not just from Comcast, but overall. SPEED will cease to exist on any cable provider, DirecTV, Dish network, anywhere. If anyone is going to drop Comcast because you're losing SPEED, that is extremely unintelligent because SPEED will no longer exist.

FOX Sports 1 will take its place everywhere, on every cable provider. I hope this makes sense. I know most of you have figured this out, but there seem to be a few stragglers who haven't gotten it yet.
Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

F1 moved from Speed to NBC Sports (the old VS channel) quite some time ago.  I'm also thinking that ALMS will be on Fox Sports 1.  So where is the problem?  Losing Barrett-Jackson auction might be a problem to some if Fox Sports 1 doesn't pick that up.

Contributor

I'm trying to get a straight answer about this via phone and chat right now, and the idiots on the other end of each line have no clue about whether Fox Sports 1 is actually launching in my area or not. It sure doesn't show up in the channel guide, but that is no guarantee of anything. How Comcast can put out a press release/blog post like this and then not tell their own CSRs anything is beyond me. 

Visitor

SpeedTV programming is being split between Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2, the latter of which Communistcast does not carry.   So for road racing fans who like GrandAm Rolex series or any other SpeedTV programming which doesn't make the 'priority' to be carried on Fox Sports 1, you out of luck.

What a crock.   Communistcast knew this was coming...heck SpeedTV has been advertising it for months.   But yet Communistcast is not adding FS2 even to the Sports & Entertainment package on day 1 of the split?   Just as Boomer would say...C'MON Man!

Completely ridiculous folks like myself who pay for the premier channel package AND the S&E package actually lose programming is unacceptable.   Its all about money...that few cents per monthly subscribtion will cut into Communistcast millions of profit.   I would gladly pay the extra 20 cents a month to have FS2 added to my channel line up in HD.   Oh wait...I'll pay double that.

Bunch of idiots...time to get DirectTV.

Contributor
eb684

Delegator - if you have SPEED, then Fox Sports 1 will be on that channel.
Visitor

eb684 - Not all of the programming...some has moved to Fox Sports 2.   Good luck finding that channel in the lineup.

Contributor
eb684

I never said the programming was moving. I was just responding with where the channel would be located.
Contributor
frohn6

As I understand it, Fuel TV will be replaced with Fox Sports2.  If you aren't a Nascar fan, good luck finding anthing else on Fox Sports.

Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

Still trying to figure out how Comcast gets blamed for something being done by Fox Sports and SpeedTV?  Not that Comcast doesn't deserve to be taken to the woodshed for a lot of the things they do and don't do, but for this?  YMMV

Connection Expert
EG

Post removed for a deliberate forum word filter circumvention violation. Please do not try to find colorful ways to bypass it, thanks.

Official Employee

How about at least waiting for the actual channel/programming tomorrow?
Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

post by scottypinthemix removed.

Forum Guidelines

(which everyone should read before making his/her first post) state

Please Don't

2. Use Profanity

Please keep your posts clean. Our forums have an automated profanity filter to block out inappropriate language. Please do not circumvent it by finding colorful ways to approximate or disguise those words. If you are caught trying to bypass the filters in any way, your posting privileges may be revoked.

New Visitor
Xfinity34010

[ Edited ]

Why doesn't the programming guide show any UFC programming on Speed then?  

New Visitor
Mike1961

So if we didn't have a package that had Speed TV, we're out of luck for Fox Sports 1?  Great.  Fox appeals to a broad sporting audience and Speed TV was a niche channel and Comcast is treating them the same?  Ugh.  Are you TRYING to get me to switch to FiOS?

Contributor
eb684

Mike - not necessarily. In some markets, Comcast has moved Fox Sports 1 onto a lower tier so it is more readily available than SPEED had previously been. Not sure of that's what they did where you live, so check to see whether you get it now.
New Visitor
chuck47

If FOX1 doesn't carry all of the NASCAR truck races that are on SPEED I will be looking for another cable TV provider.

Official Employee

Chuck it won't matter which fox sports is the same on every carrier
Visitor
Jb46pct

Was hoping to watch Fox Sports 1 yet instead of it replacing Speed I no longer have a channel 69, as it goes from channel 68 to 70. I called Comcast 3 times and they reset the cable box 3 times and still nothing. Why don't I get this channel yet I have every other basic cable channel!?

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

Did you check to see if it moved to a new number?

Visitor
Jb46pct

Yes and its listed as 69 on the TV guide Channel and the Fox Sports 1 website. Area code is 34110.

Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

Jb46pct wrote:

Yes and its listed as 69 on the TV guide Channel and the Fox Sports 1 website. Area code is 34110.

I'd stay on Comcast's case until it is resolved.  You might also email Fox Sports 1 and ask them why Comcast isn't putting it on the cable to your house?

Visitor
Jb46pct

It may just be a time issuse because on Comcast program list Speed is still listed as a channel, so once they change it to FS1 listing then it may be okay. Or maybe they are still broadcasting through the speed signal rather then the fs1 signal? What do you think?

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

post by scot77 removed because it violates forum guidelines.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289

PLEASE DON'T

10.  Insult (flame) other Community members

We ask all members to discuss issues and disagree with other posters without resorting to or responding with insults, whether they are blatantly offensive or subtle and indirect.  Responding to an insult with an insult makes a poster as guilty of flaming as the original poster. Flaming is the act of posting messages that are deliberately hostile and insulting. These types of posts are not allowed and can result in the immediate revocation of one’s forum posting privileges.

Contributor
jpokusa

Nascar Fans are you feeling the pain? Yes the Soccer pain I feel when ever I see the Comcast logo. Anyway I honestly think the FS1 HD feed cant even be called HD. It is seriously downgraded. Compare it too ESPN HD. Not even close. Also dont think you are getting Fox Sports 2 it will not happen until mid 2016. Enjoy Comcasters.

Regular Contributor
ken0965

Not sure how this works.But I would like to know when Comcast was going to be getting Fox Sports 2. Most of the Nascar stuff that use to be on Speed is now on Fox Sports 2. I believe that use to be the Fuel channel. So when are you getting Fox Sports 2??

New Visitor

This fox 1 is just great, I was watching an auto auction and they had to leave and go to fox 2 which comcast does not have, get this, so I could watch a high school football game from California,I am in Michigan what the frig do I care about a high school football game in Cal.speed was good always had a race or something automotive on, they need to fix this!

Regular Contributor
ken0965

My bill went up $50 this month and I still don't have FS2,I am checking into Dish or some place that has FS2,I was told after I had it a year it would go from 79.99 to 99.99,to me that is just $20,not really sure where they got the $50

Contributor
rsw63

Replaces the speed channel and it really sucks.Some of the car shows that were on speed are now on MAVTV but I don't think comcast carries it !

Contributor
rsw63

Understand it but don't like it and its not what I was paying for .Some of the car related shows like Gearz and My Classic Car are on MAVTV not carried be comcast.

Contributor
rsw63

We lose the speed channel but keep subsidizing mexican tv and they don't carry MAVTV where some of the car shows went !

Contributor
rsw63

The Speed channel is history !

Contributor
mmi16

Death to FS1 - bring back SpeedVision!

New Visitor
GirlFridayCA

Why is Comcast only carrying Fox Sports 1 to replace Speed Channel when Fox split the programming onto two channels - Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2, with the majority of what we could only see on Speed Channel now on Fox Sports 2! 

I hate Comcast programming.  The cost goes up but service goes down.  Back when Comcast was new, customer service made it by far the best cable tv available.  Now it is a company that seems to hate its own customers and does everything it can to make our lives miserable while laughing all the way to the bank with our money.

New Visitor
GirlFridayCA

not true because Fox Sports 2 is not on Comcast lineup.  Each cable company contracts with the broadcast company to deliver channel lineup to customers.  Comcast is the middle-man.  All they do is enter into a contract agreement with set pricing to purchase the broadcast content and show it on the Comcast lineup for considerably more money that it charges to us, the customers, than they pay to have the rights to show the programming on their channel lineup. 

New Visitor
eastern

Since Speed is going away, will Barrett-Jackson Auto Auction be on any other channel?

Contributor
frohn6

Fox not only killed Speed it dropped racing seasons like Australian V8 Supercar half way through the season and keep Fox Sport 2 program listings secret on the web to see what racing series are on it.  I have no idea if it the same ball and stick programming as Fox Sport 1 is now.  They still had the 24 Hours of LeMans race this year though I had to go their website during a 2 hour Nascar race that uninterrupted the coverage 2 hours into the race broadcast ( I use my DVR's to record the overnight coverage to keep from missing any ).  Now I won't know if Fox deigns to cover it in 2014 on Fox Sport 1 and doubt we'll ever get Fox Sport 2 here in the United States.  I guess the only international series that Fox Sports 1 covers is MotoGP and what is left of the Nascar race coverage that I'm not fan of.  MotoGP but no World Superbike, all the DTM, British Touring Car, rally, or international Motocross or any of series that I was fan of on Speed before Fox got their hands on it.

New Visitor
monigold423

is Comcast going to be addding MavTv to the lineup? there are a lot of shows that have moved to them that we would like to see. if not who carries them?

Contributor
rsw63

What I want is MAVTV to replace some of the cars shows that were on the speed channel.

New Visitor
BBNTN

Fox Sports 1?  What is that in Nashville? Thanks for the heads up!

New Visitor
BBNTN

Finaly found it Speed HD 1620, but why mess everything up for Racing

Contributor
rsw63

Exactly !think I will drop comcast !

New Visitor

Not too far from doing that ourselves.

New Visitor
Dokktorr

Today is the Rolex 24 at daytona and it is nowhere on the tv lineup Fox sport 1 and 2 says will televise ...... SO DEPRESSED !!!!! Been cooped up from this cold spell and was really looking forward to this . Fox bought speed and then tossed them ...good work guys 

Bronze Problem Solver
BellevueBob

[ Edited ]

Dokktorr wrote:

Today is the Rolex 24 at daytona and it is nowhere on the tv lineup Fox sport 1 and 2 says will televise ...... SO DEPRESSED !!!!! Been cooped up from this cold spell and was really looking forward to this . Fox bought speed and then tossed them ...good work guys 

The start of the race is on the local Fox affliiate, two hours of programming that begins at 2:00 PM Eastern (in about 40 minutes from right now).

Contributor
rsw63

No Barret Jackson either !

Contributor
rsw63

I think Dish has it !