Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

Re: FSC HD Fox Soccer Channel

The above post is #91. This post is #92.

Yeah here's hoping maybe just maybe Fox Soccer HD will come to you that day as well. That would then add another market to the small list that has it. 

Contributor

I just checked my last bill from the end of June and GolTV HD was not listed as a new channel. Are we talking "Chicago market" meaning Chicago proper? I am in Mount Prospect and not ready for another season of crappy telecasts. GolTV would be a nice upgrade since their picture is worse than FSC. Maybe I'll just drop the whole sports package and watch soccer on ESPN on Saturday morning and settle for watching Bundesliga on ESPN#3.

That is what Comcast is counting on, people like me too lazy to make a change.

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

Comcast announced new channels for Houston... and Fox Soccer HD is not one of them. Pathetic. 

Contributor

In regards to post #91 (GOLTV HD in Chicago). I live in Northern suburbs on Chicago. If this is true, that would be a huge step forward.Chicago is the 3rd largest market in the U.S. and of course I live there :smileyhappy:

I checked the channel lineup and there is no channel on 332 currently..so I am really hoping this is indeed true..In fact there is a block of around 9 channles unused in that section. Wouldnt it be something if they can stick FSCHD there as well!  Wishful thinking?

Contributor
jafo1972

To #95,

I live in downtown Chicago and my July bill had a note that Comcast was going to add several channels on August 24. The list included Oxygen HD (LOL!!!), Galavision HD, and GolTV among others.

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

[ Edited ]

Looks like Arizona is getting Fox Soccer HD in September.

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/article_9aba7714-54e3-59bd-a278-fa66b22be604.html 

What's with the odd markets getting the channel in HD yet major markets such as Boston, Chicago, Minneapolis/St. Paul, etc not getting it? I don't get this at all. 

Contributor
mccscratch

COMCAST… When I move you are GONE and I will make it a mission to have all my soccer and tennis friends to do the same….

It is official… Comcast is just evil and it will be my personal mission to bankrupt them….

Today in Atlanta… Comcast added new HD channels in the 700s where they currently have all the permiuim HD movies and sports subscription services from the World of More rollout last year.

What they have added is astounding…

758 Outdoor HD, 757 Wildlife HD, 756 BBC Amer HD, 755 DIY HD (do it yourself), 742 Game Show HD, 741 Cooks HD…

Yup…. NO FSC HD even though the terms were agreed in the Spring… I flipped to the Outdoor HD for amusement and saw 2 little 9 year old girls clad in orange hunting vests that have just bagged a big old deer…. Yes certainly worth HD bandwith over sports… We must assume that Comcast's Execs who choose channels to add have a soft spot for nature and hunting... I have 5+ channels that show HD Hunting...yes 5 channels that show hunting and fishing in HD...

Atlanta still has no FSC HD nor Tennis Channel HD despite being an absolute hotbed for both sports….

I am at a loss and will enjoy sticking a pitchfork in a Comcast Atlanta programming exec in my dreams tonight….

New Visitor
rookpie

Can Comcast please add Fox Soccer Plus to their line-up.

and give us the HD version of Fox Soccer Channel please?

New Visitor

Re: Can Comcast please add Fox Soccer Plus to their line-up.

I agree

Bronze Star Contributor
Broni

The above two posts were #99 and #100.

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

[ Edited ]

I went up to bat for everyone demanding for Fox Soccer HD by sending an massive EECB (Executive E-Mail Carpet Bombing) to Comcast execs. Sadly all I got was an lowly representative in my area just to tell me what we already know - no plans to add it soon, send in request to marketing, blah blah blah. In other words its the same old excuses out of Comcast which shows they don't care if we leave them for another provider that has Fox Soccer HD.

New Visitor
sandeepkor

Need FSC HD and GolTV HD

Minneapolis

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

I did forget to mention that the person I spoke to did confirm that Comcast did sign an agreement with Fox to carry Fox Soccer HD nationwide. So at this point I don't get what the hold up is. 

Contributor
twinpeaks

Next to "Bad customer service" in the dictionary is the COMCAST logo

Bronze Star Contributor
Broni

The above was #105

You may like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvVp7b5gzqU

(A Comcast Technician Sleeping on my Couch )

Visitor
sjboleski

I find it to be absolutely ridiculous that some comcast customers are receiving the FSC in HD but not others.  I live in dearborn, Michigan and have been asking for this channel for quite some time.  I recently found out that some markets get it but I don't.  Once I find another subscriber that offers it, I will leave Comcast immediately unless this issue is resolved.  Does anyone know of any other companies that would offer this channel in my area???

Regular Contributor
brian_ashley

D i r e c T V
Bronze Star Contributor
Broni

The two above were #106 and #107.

What drives me even more mad is the fact, that since FSC and Comcast reached an agreement over two months ago (http://www.insidemnsoccer.com/2011/05/29/fox-reaches-agreement-with-comcast-for-fsc-in-hd/) NOTHING has changed.

It's also very offending to me, that no Comcast representative cared to chime in in this 8 pages long topic, even just to say something like:

"Hey guys, we hear your voices, we're working on it and we DO care about our customers...."

Nothing, like we even don't exist.

Rude, very rude indeed.

Regular Contributor
Hopslam

the post above hit it right on the head. Why has know one from Comcast even responded to this thread. It's by far the biggest topic on these forums. What exactly are these forums for if Comcast support isn't even reading them or responding.

I just don't understand what the problem is. The bandwidth excuse is lame in my opinion. Most channels are in HD these days. What is 1 channel going to do to their bandwidth??

Another thing and it has been mentioned before. We are paying extra for this channel already and the fact that we cannot watch it in the best possible format is highway robbery.

Just add 1 channel Comcast. It's really not that hard.
Regular Contributor
Hopslam

By the way Comcast. You have 1 day to make some kind of announcement that FSC is being added in HD. Tomorrow I make the call to your competitors to see what they can do for me.

FA Comunnity Shield is next week and the Premiership starts in 2 weeks. I'm watching it in HD with or without you.
Regular Contributor
Hopslam

That is true. Never thought about that. What's with the doubling of HD channels? Think they do that so it seems like you are getting more.

They can easily free up bandwidth there.
New Visitor
ParkCards

Watching Arsenal vs New York Red Bulls in SD sucks! It has been 2 months since the announced "agreement" (http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/66/united-states/2011/05/27/2506147/comcast-and-fox-soccer-finally-ag...) between Comcast and FSC to broadcast in HD. It has been over 1 year and 1/2 that the channel began broadcasting in HD!

And no access to GolTV!! Sucks...

Bronze Star Contributor
Broni

Was #111 removed for any reason?

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nice delete my Post.

Here we go again if you did not like the Language I use.

What really gets me Mad is I have 40+ double HD Channels. ESPN is in HD on channel 184 and 850.

Why do I need Doubles. Perfect way for Comcast to free of Bandwidth. Get us our FSC HD and Stop the excuses.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nothingis wrong with it. This form just has bullies for Mods. Comcast hates to be made to look bad.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Now 114 will be pulled and I'm sure 117 will get pulled as well.

Regular Contributor
Hopslam

I wouldn't make a big deal out of some people getting it because it's VERY few who are. For instance Philadelphia is supposedly getting it but it's only the City proper. However I've talked to two people in the City who don't have it either. I'm in the suburbs of Philadelphia and there is no time table of when it will be added. Rediculous.

For 1 freakin channel Comcast can't accomodate us. Terrible customer service. What a disgrace.
Regular Contributor
Hopslam

Oh and how about the Mods actually do something useful and tell someone in customer support or marketing to respond to this customer support thread?????

Again, what is the point of a customer support forum if know one from Comcast is reading or responding? All we have is over sensitive mods. It's just ridiculous.
Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

The "duplicates" on your guide are actually going to the same frequency so they are not taking up any more  bandwidth.

And yes I have brought up the fact that Fox Soccer is part of the S&E package. I've yet to get any logical explanation why something in the S&E package still does not have HD yet channels that clearly do not benefit from HD are available. 

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

To those of you who are complaining about posts being removed:

They were removed for a reason. They violated forum guidelines.

Forum Guidelines

(which everyone should read before making his/her first post) state

Please Don't

2. Use Profanity

Please keep your posts clean. Our forums have an automated profanity filter to block out inappropriate language. Please do not circumvent it by finding colorful ways to approximate or disguise those words. If you are caught trying to bypass the filters in any way, your posting privileges may be revoked.

Jay, you received a notice telling you not to use a bad word. You also disguised another word which would have gotten flagged. Bypassing the filter is the only reason your post was removed.

If you read the forum, you will find many posts that are critical of Comcast and posts which make Comcast look bad. They remain  because they adhered to the posting guidelines.

Broni, yours was removed because it contained the text of Jay's post-complete with the words that were in violation of the guidelines.

Follow the rules, your posts remain.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Regular Contributor

Well we need to discuss what you consider a bad word. This forum isn't filled with 6 year old.

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

[ Edited ]

The above posts are #122 and #123.

It would be nice that Comcast would be more involved in this thread beyond playing an traffic officer making sure everyone is following the speed limit. Given this is one of the biggest discussions on these forums I don't get how Comcast is pretty much avoiding the subject.

As far as not using profanity that's fine by me. There's plenty of ways to get your point across without using it. Not to mention you'll come across as more civilized AND professional in your argument on why Comcast needs to add Fox Soccer HD. 

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

Jay6269 wrote:

Well we need to discuss what you consider a bad word. This forum isn't filled with 6 year old.

We don't need to discuss anything. If you have a problem with what is considered a bad word "discuss" it with the forum administrator.

I'm just the messenger. The forum may not be filled with 6 year olds, but it is filled with a very diverse group. There are a lot of people who don't use that kind of language. They don't want to hear it or read it.

As stated, there are ways to make your point without resorting to that type of language. It actually does nothing to help your cause.

Comcast makes the rules. Just like anywhere else that has rules, you have to abide by them. If you don't like the rules, go someplace else.

This thread is about HD Fox Soccer Channel, not the nanny filter and is not the place to discuss the filter and the words which get flagged by Nanny.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Visitor

I watched Arsenal vs Red Bulls.  That game was rotten no matter how you viewed it!  Red Bull embarassed  MLS and Arsenal embarrased themselves.

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

[ Edited ]

The above are #125 and #126. This is #127.

Since I missed that game what was so embarrasing about it?

On that note... like I said I really wish Comcast would be more invovled then just nannying this discussion and phone reps feeding the company line of "I don't know one day you might get the channel I'll put in a request to marketing that nobody there will look at anyways." Because lets face it that's pretty much what the phone reps are saying anyways. 

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Hopslam wrote:
Oh and how about the Mods actually do something useful and tell someone in customer support or marketing to respond to this customer support thread?????

Again, what is the point of a customer support forum if know one from Comcast is reading or responding? All we have is over sensitive mods. It's just ridiculous.

How do you know this hasn't been done? A lot of things go on behind the scenes.

What happens after that is up to Comcast.

Regular Contributor

#122 (presuming evie the queenie is #121)
Jay & Broni, go sit on the naughty step, you used a bad word [sic], us adults need to have clean conversationabout why Comcast Is so lousy about understanding its customers.

@ evie the queenie –seems the only way Comcast takes notice of its customer is to break some kind of rule, not a peep out of anyone until some used a bad word [sic].

If you had read even a slightest bit of this thread you will know that Comcast have told so many lies that Comcast should go sit on the naughty step, because in my book, lying is worst the using a bad word [sic]

Regular Contributor

Yup bring it to the Twin Cities area please - the new season starts very soon.

Regular Contributor

It's really going to stink (hope not to naughty) watching the Shield next weekend in SD. Seeing all the preseason games in HD on ESPN has been such a tease.

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

Actually let me get the numbers straight....

#128 = Queen Evie

#129 = villafan

#130 = rej4sl

#131 = Jay6269

#132 = This post

Now with that straightened out.... 18 months now officially since the launch of Fox Soccer HD. Very pathetic Comcast. 

Contributor

Well I bit the bullet.

Signed up for Direct TV today.....install Friday in time for Sunday's game.

My CC promotional period is up this month. Back to Vonage in September, probably greatly reduced service from CC, just Internet and I may go with whole house DVR.

Pete (in Michigan)
Contributor
Viking954

So, U-Verse has added Fox Soccer HD and GOL TV HD nationally today.  That leaves COMCAST as the only major cable provider not offering these channels nationally.  They have the agreement, but they obviously lack the will.

Truly pathetic.

Bronze Star Contributor
Broni

What a shame!!!

Visitor
sjboleski

this is great news for comcast users actually...since comcast is not willing to put it in HD, it gives people an option to leave without having to get a dish......u-verse is very similiar to comcast, it just doesnt have computer options

Regular Contributor

Unfortunately UVerse is not in New Jersey and the Dish is difficult to get.

Bronze Star Contributor
Broni

[ Edited ]

Two replies above was #136

So you can have just TV with AT&T and cable internet with Comcast?

If so I'd definitely consider.

Contributor
mccscratch

#139...

Some things I would like addressed by a Comcast rep who is clearly reasing this thread..

#1 Why if an agreement is signed and you now have rights to broadcast...would you delay any formal announcement to your customers... We still get the same old "we are always looking to expand our HD selection" line when you clearly worked hard to negotiate with Fox over the rights? At least give people a time table since there is nothing that needs to remain confidential regarding negotiations with the broadcaster

#2 Why is FSC SD such bad quaility? In Atlanta the compressed picture is well below the other digital channels that show sports... I own several digital TVs and the picture I get get from FSC SD is often far worse that
hacked streams that I can get over the internet and relay to my TV...that seems pretty sad consiering you claim to offer digital cable with excellent picture quality

#3 We knew how long it took to get ESPN U and ESPN360 rights so it is clear that you want to offer a good deal on tier based programming but FSC is already part of your sports package that people like me pay extra for...why can't people that pay for this service at least get it in HD since you clearly can offer it in places like Philly proper, Albequeque, Savannah etc... I am somewhat understanding if you don't want to offer it on a tier 1 or 2 but I pay for all that you offer and still not even a word regarding it from your programming execs... Just seems like you don't hear us or even care to acknowledge us?
Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

[ Edited ]

that is correct if both are in your area and dish is easy to get in NJ all my neighbors have it.  also this is a customer to customer forum and has limited if any view by comcast contrary to what some have posted here.  

Bronze Star Contributor
Broni

The above was #140.

I just checked AT&T offer in my area and I can get all I'm getting from Comcast, plus obviously FSC in HD for 59 bucks (talking about TV service only).

Just checked my Comcast bill and I'm paying some insane $100 just for TV service and NO FSC in HD.

How stupid am I?

I'm going to leave Comcast cable internet and I'll switch to AT&T TV.

Bye, bye :smileyhappy:

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

[ Edited ]

You know given this is a forum run by Comcast then Comcast needs to start being more pro active in things instead of relying on volunteers to handle their issues. Nothing against the outstanding work the volunteers do around here but really when the volunteers are often times more helpful then actual PAID Comcast employees you know there's a problem. There are many reasons why Comcast is considered by many to be the "Worst Company In America" and this is one of them. I know this is a thread about Fox Soccer HD but this thread is a poster child to why Comcast is exactly the "Worst Company In America" is because of their inability to listen to their own paying customers.

Let me ask this - how many customers has Comcast lost already because of their inability of listening? How many more is Comcast going to lose before the company finally does something even if its accidental? Comcast you need to wake up and start dealing with your issues as a company instead of hiding behind cutesy ads, false promises, customer run forums, and even having your own employees ballot stuff contests in favor of whomever you are facing just so you don't win that "Worst Company In America" contest. Sure you didn't win it this year but in my mind you are indeed the winner. I'm pretty sure many agree with me on that.