New Visitor
keykrist

Re: FSC HD Fox Soccer Channel

Please add Fox Soccer Channel in HD! Other cable companies offer this for free as part of a regular digital package. Since we have to pay to even get Fox Soccer, it should be in HD! If we can't get HD, we are looking into switching to satellite.

New Visitor
dg21

Any plans on getting FSC HD, GolTV HD, or FSC+ HD to the Boston area? It seems beyond ludicrous in 2012 there are still areas (especially in a city as big as Boston) without ANY of these channels in HD. As others have mentioned, to make it even worse, the 'normal' SD versions of these channels are extremely bad quality with horrible picture size.

Contributor
rodmacneil

[ Edited ]

We keep asking, and Comcast keeps not listening.

dg21, I'm a supporter of Seattle Sounders FC living in Cambridge. Tonight (March 7) is the first leg of the CONCACAF Champions League quarterfinals vs. Santos Laguna. HUGE match.

Here are my viewing options:

1) Fox Soccer, standard def - a channel I pay a premium to get, in addition to the premium I pay for HD service, yet I can't watch THIS channel in HD

2) WUTF, the local Telefutura affiliate, which IS available in HD. This is a broadcast channel I could watch WITHOUT subscribing to cable.

Guess which option I am choosing?

HINT: It's not the unwatchable tiny blurry standard def crapfest that I've been wasting money on for last 2 years while foolishly waiting for the HD version.

Comcast, do you recognize how utterly RIDICULOUS this is? Rather than watch my favorite team on a PREMIUM channel I am paying EXTRA money for, I'm going to watch the game on a FREE broadcast channel in a language I do NOT understand, simply because the picture is superior. I want to be able to actually SEE the game and identify the players. Because I don't speak Spanish, in order to hear any play-by-play commentary I'll have to sync it with a webcast of the local Seattle radio broadcast. I'll do it, but why should I have to? Am I not paying enough, Comcast?

This is exasperating. Give us Fox Soccer HD already!

Contributor
spiker311

Bravo. I watched the CONCACAF matches in Spanish last year solely because of it being in HD. I do not speak one lick of Spanish and naturally, I pay extra for Fox Soccer like the rest of you.

Thank you for your fine service, Comcast.

New Visitor
logiclust

[ Edited ]

what channels are FSC and BBCA in the bay area? i can't find them.... I'm in the south bay

Regular Contributor

For Me, south Bay:

FSC HD: 803

BBCA HD: 810

New Visitor
Leyth

Does anyone see how awful the quality is on the Arsenal - Everton games on FSC right now?  I had to change the channel because it started to give me a headache.  

This is rediculous

Regular Contributor

Dunno I watched Man C vs Chelsea on a very good EPSN quality picture

Contributor

jimc_usa wrote:

Dunno I watched Man C vs Chelsea on a very good EPSN quality picture

The problem (for this entire thread, in fact) is that ESPN/ESPN2 are great in HD but only a few games are shown there. The vast majority of soccer games on Comcast are in awful quality on GolTV and Fox Soccer

Contributor
gamarra300

Re: FSC HD Fox Soccer Channel and GolTV HD

I couldnt agree more!!!!! Directv has had goltv in hd since 2010!!!!!!!!!!! Why are we in 2012 watching soccer in sd? BTW, FSC hd is in channel 392. Come on comcast....You already have the sd channel, all we need is the hd one.... Its not like we are asking you to add a channel you dont have. This is ridiculous.

Recognized Contributor

yeah I'd like them to add these also

Regular Contributor
muscatel

When I called our local Comcast affiliate about two weeks ago, they told me they didn't even have a timetable for FSC on HD.  Since Comcast has already put it on HD in the South Bay (e.g., San Jose), I guess they meant they'd no timetable for the mid-Peninsula (e.g., San Mateo).

Regular Contributor

Everyone ready for some Blurry UEFA  games today?

Contributor
csichar

Jay6269 wrote:

Everyone ready for some Blurry UEFA  games today?

Yep. Benefica v Chelsea today @ 3pm EST on FSC. I'll most likley be watching the Apoel v Real Madrid since it will be in HD on Fox Sports Detroit here in my area.

Sucks, cause i'd rather watch the Chelsea game, but I just can't handle that blurry standard def

Regular Contributor

I switch the TV to letter box. Seams to help with my nausea.

New Visitor
fly44

The most rediculous thing to me is that Comcast Sports Net always picks the worst game to put in HD so I have to watch the game I want to see in standard definition. I just found out that Fox Sports Net is in HD after looking this up so that makes me even more mad. So now I will be calling tomorrow to complain.

New Visitor
szmulki

Just talk to Comcast people today, and they said they will upgrade FSC to HD within 90 days. I dont know how much truth is in that statement, but I'm hopeful. Btw I'm in Fremont, east bay area

Regular Contributor

That would seem possible that Fremont would get FCS in HD soon, Since here in the South Bay I have had it for months now...

New Visitor
FCBayern

I've tried calling up Comcast Boston several times over the last year+ to find out the status of when/if they plan on upgrading to GolTV and FSC in HD but no matter who you ask to speak with, the only thing they will do is have you fill out a channel request form which basically is just blowing steam up your as* to get you off the phone.  I can watch these channels in HD on a jetblue flight but I can't do it in the comfort of my own home.  What really gets me is that up on the top right of the games they often say "HD" as a constant reminder of what you're missing, if the extremely low definition wasn't a reminder enough.  Even more so, Comcast Philadelphia offers GolTV HD, so the Boston branch isn't even up to speed with their own company.  When you call them up they make it seem like they're a tiny mom and pop franchise instead of a giant media conglomerate and can't afford the extra bandwidth.  I CAN'T WAIT to switch to DIRECTTV!!!!

New Visitor
FCBayern

I've tried calling up Comcast Boston several times over the last year+ to find out the status of when/if they plan on upgrading to GolTV and FSC in HD but no matter who you ask to speak with, the only thing they will do is have you fill out a channel request form which basically is just blowing steam up your as* to get you off the phone.  I can watch these channels in HD on a jetblue flight but I can't do it in the comfort of my own home.  What really gets me is that up on the top right of the games they often say "HD" as a constant reminder of what you're missing, if the extremely low definition wasn't a reminder enough.  Even more so, Comcast Philadelphia offers GolTV HD, so the Boston branch isn't even up to speed with their own company.  When you call them up they make it seem like they're a tiny mom and pop franchise instead of a giant media conglomerate and can't afford the extra bandwidth.  I CAN'T WAIT to switch to DIRECTTV!!!!

New Visitor
pjarmstrong

FSC HD (1512) and GOL TV HD (1513) now live in Delaware County PA!

Contributor
crucislancer

FSC-HD in the South Bay?  That's cool, I wonder how long it will be before it comes to the North Bay.  I just got HD yesterday, didn't realize that FSC isn't offered in HD up here (Sonoma County) until after I set it up.  It sucks, but I can live with it if it's temporary.  I watched the Spurs-Sunderland match this morning on ESPN2 HD (yup, got up at 4:45am for that) and it looked fantastic.  Fingers crossed that we see Fox Soccer in HD very soon.  

Regular Contributor
muscatel

Funny, to me it looked like the EPL at its worst.  Neither Spurs nor Black Cats wanted the three points.

Contributor
crucislancer

It wasn't the match play I was commenting on, it was the HD broadcast quality. You are right, neither club played very well today.  

New Visitor
KTBFFH

Comcast Chicago

Called Comcast so many times and they always had the same lame answer.

This football season is almost done, so since I've had this much patience I am willing to wait another 2-3 months. But if they don't add FSC HD and FSC Plus HD for the beginning of next season I will be definitely switching to DirecTV. And we are all paying for the package - that is just ridiculous.

Regular Contributor

pjarmstrong wrote:

FSC HD (1512) and GOL TV HD (1513) now live in Delaware County PA!

Did you get any type of Notification from Comcast before the switch? I called Comcast to complain last week they gave me my 3rd MSG channel it is 4 away from the other MSG channel they have had the exact same programming for the last week. They told me that the transition is working it's way from South NJ to the north. Supposedly Toms River has been switched I am about 40 Miles north west. They said I would get notification and that FSC hd will be in the 1500s and BBC A HD will be in the 1600s. My box only goes up to 999.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Jay6269

All full HD cable boxes and DVR's will tune 4 digits.  Std Def and DTA's will tune 3 digits which are all Std Def channels.  Only HD channels will be 4 digits, so all HD boxes will be able to tune them.

Contributor
emarie7

Still no FSC HD or GOLtv HD in the DC area. By the time we get this, it could be meaningless since Al jazeera now bought the rights to everything. So now we'll have to wait years for comcast to pick up the Al jazeera channel just to watch any soccer game.

Contributor
GOOOOOL

I live in South Jersey (Mays Landing) and we still do not have Fox Soccer Channel and GolTv in HD. Last week I wrote a letter to Comcast and I received a phone call back. The representative told me that he would make a research on this matter and will call me back. I was surprised when he call me back again in about an hour after that and he said that we are going to get those channels in HD,  in my area, in May. He said mid to end of May. That is 5 to 7 weeks from now.  Now there is only one thing we can do, just wait and see if he was correct.

I will post a message on this forum if I get the channels in HD.

Contributor
crucislancer

I had an online chat with a Comcast CSR, she said that they are working on it and they will let me know when the channel is going to be available in HD in my area.  It would be really nice if we got FSC in HD before the start of the 2012-13 EPL season in August.

Bronze Star Contributor
Broni

"she said that they are working on it"

Of course. That answer is exactly same as it was 2 years ago and most people are still "enoying" FSC in SD.

Bronze Star Contributor
Broni

[ Edited ]

BTW, I'd be very curious to find out if top Comcast people (like board of directors, financial managers etc.) are even aware of this whole situation.

I suppose not because I can't imagine how any company managers could allow losing money every day because of people constantly switching to other providers just to get one (repeat: O-N-E) channel in HD.

Most likely we'll never find out since all we get in this discussion once in a while is some "Larry from Comcast", or "Bob from Comcast" who have NOTHING to say except for: "we're working on it".

Personally, I had my whole switch to AT&T ready to go, when I turned my TV on next morning and.....WOW! I got FSC in HD.

Call me very lucky person....

Regular Contributor

"I can't imagine how any company managers could allow losing money every day because of people constantly switching to other providers just to get one (repeat: O-N-E) channel in HD."

Look, I want soccer in HD as much as anyone here, but it always amazes me what a sense of self-worth that big soccer fans have.

People aren't constantly switching away from Comcast because FOX Soccer isn't in HD. A handful of people are complaining, and an even smaller amount will actually switch.

Comcast adds HD channels in a timely manner for two reasons...either they're popular, or cheap. Fox Soccer is neither.

I'd love to wake up tomorrow and find it in HD, but as you can see on this board, it's slowly getting added around the country.

If you can't wait, just stop threatening and switch already.

Bronze Star Contributor
Broni

You totally misread my message including missing the fact that I DO have FSC in HD already so I don't need to switch anything.

Regular Contributor
muscatel

If Comcast had not agreed to pick up FSC in HD nationwide, IceHippo's dog-in-the-manger-ry would have more substance behind it... but they have made that agreement.  We are complaining about foot-dragging by individual Comcast cable systems, not about the value of FSC in HD to Comcast customers, which Comcast has already validated.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

Just to reiterate my earlier post (there may be some new visitors to this thread)...

Many Comcast areas are going though a staged and deliberate bandwidth reclamation plan in order to free up additional channel space to add more HD channels. 

More info on that here: https://digitalnow.comcast.com/

That is part of the reason that Comcast is delivering DTAs (Digital Transport Adapters) in each market and why some a cable box or DTA needs to eventually be on every TV set in the home.

Each Comcast area is in a different stage of that transition project. That work needs to be completed in each market before additional HD channels like Fox Soccer Channel HD are able to be added. 

That is mostly why some markets have it and some do not.

As you have seen in this thread additional areas have added (and continue to add) more HD channels including Fox Soccer HD (and/or GOL HD).

Bronze Star Contributor
Broni

Mr. Ted

Unfortunately your reply is nothing more than regular peptalk, which people have been hearing over and over again.

What your customers want to know is very simple: when and where.

Normally, every company has some plans.

Maybe Comcast doesn't.

New Visitor
FSCHDNOW

I am so happy to see others like me demanding comcast to give us FSC in HD. Glad I found this thread. I talked to Comcast today and they have no timeline of when they will actually do it. I am even more mad at them because people in Philadelphia and also Delaware County in PA have it and us in NewCastle County Delaware do not have it and we around the same area/market. What's even more annoying is that I'm paying $7.95 just like the person in Philly enjoying HD. Comcast should know most of us have the sports package just because of Fox Soccer Channel. I can't imagine watching the Champions league and EPL games in HD.After season is over I might cancel the package for a while. NKT!!

Contributor
csichar

Broni wrote:

Mr. Ted

Unfortunately your reply is nothing more than regular peptalk, which people have been hearing over and over again.

What your customers want to know is very simple: when and where.

Normally, every company has some plans.

Maybe Comcast doesn't.

Agree with Broni.

If Comcast doesn't have plans in certian areas, then they need to be up front about it.

Major citites, like Detroit, still don't have FSC in HD.

ComcastTeds has explained before about the digital transition, but, how much longer is that going to be?You would think an area like Detroit would already have FSC or GOLTV in HD by now...

Makes we sad every saturday morning when I wake up @ 7:55am, just to watch a game in HD on ESPN2, and then have to watch the rest of the games in standard def.

Regular Contributor
muscatel

One more bad thing about the pep talk: it leaves out CableCard (the FCC-blessed interface between cable systems and TiVo-like devices).  Though CableCard was designed under FCC guidance to be installable and activatable by cable company customers, Comcast requires a paid visit.  It's pretty clear to me why.

Regular Visitor

I've had the digital boxes in my house in Atlanta for well over a year now, probably 2 years. What's the next excuse Comcast?

I've got 4 or 5 HD cooking channels, more bloody HD shopping channels than I can shake a stick at and channel after channel of utter pap, yet the world's most popular sport is still in crappy, cut off SD - look at the broadcast of the Wigan - Man Utd match this afternoon. It's ludicrous. We actually pay more for this channel, it's just utter contempt for your customers Comcast, utter contempt.

Contributor
crucislancer

I agree, the SD broadcast is awful when compared to other channels broadcast in SD.  On my 32” HDTV, a match broadcast on FSC is in this tiny letterbox format that is designed to fit a standard CRT screen.  If I zoom in on the image, it becomes very pixilated.  So, I have a choice:  watch it in this tiny letterbox format that I can barely make out the score, or zoom in and watch in this highly pixilated mess that is difficult to make out detail with.  I pay extra for the channel, and all the other channels that come with the Sports package are in HD.  The excuses are insulting at this point. 

Contributor
GOOOOOL

I live in Mays Landing, NJ, and on my last bill that I just receive, Fox Soccer Chanel and GolTv are listed among other channels that are going to be added in HD on April 19th 2012.

New Visitor
esq79

After many promisses to do so and Comcast's refusal to add FSC HD in Boston, I finally made the switch to Direct TV and I could not be happier.  My bill is substantially lower and Direct TV's customer service has proven excellent already.  I'm stuck with Comcast for high-speed internet, but I'm thrilled to be a current subscriber of FSC HD and dropping off that box at Comcast felt great. 

Contributor

esq79 wrote:

... I finally made the switch to Direct TV and I could not be happier....

Everytime I read one of these I can't stop thinking that this one person leaving Comcast won't have any impact.

However, what if 1000+ people would leave Comcast in order to get FSC and GolTV in HD with one of Comcast competitors (U-Verse, DirecTV and Dish all offer FSC and GolTV in HD)? There are several soccer forums (fora!) where people are voicing their frustration at Comcast about this. What if the soccer fans on all these forums (fora!) would band together and inform Comcast that if the 2012-13 European soccer season is not shown on FSC HD and GolTV HD we all leave Comcast? Can such an effort be organized successfully?

I assume this message will be taken off by Comcast right away.

Visitor
fanofHDsoccer

so we just got a 'DTA', what can we expect next?

I am more and more liking the mass resistance option....

Regular Contributor
muscatel

Many of us don't have satellite as an option.

New Visitor
Dunnj62

GOOOOOL from NJ, definitely let us know if you get FSC/GolTV HD on 4/19. I'm from a little further up in NJ closer to Philadelphia.
Regular Contributor

I'm in Hillsborough NJ. I got an auto call from comcast last week saying the Digital Migration would take place on 5/29 for my area. I called Comcast the next Day and the CSR I spoke with claims that the day I get the new HD channels. I hope their telling the truth.

Contributor
jpokusa

GOL TV was added to the Chicago Western Suburbs today.

Guess what it is not in HD.

I hate you Comcast Im calling ATT uverse next week and I am leaving you for good.