New Visitor
Accepted Solution

FSC HD Fox Soccer Channel

What is up with FSC HD and will it be a part of the sports package? If another carrier like DirectTV or Verizon gets I will switch over in a heartbeat but I hope comcast gets it that way I don't have to go through the trouble.
Regular Contributor

Re: FSC HD Fox Soccer Channel

Get it together Comcast! FSC in HD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
New Visitor

Fox Soccer in HD and Fox Soccer Plus-Am I the only one asking for this every week? What's the deal?

[ Edited ]

If you have been asking for FSC in HD and the new FSC Plus channel from Comcast, reply with a post. 

Maybe it will get them off their buts and make it happen!

DD

Message Edited by Soccerplyr5 on 03-13-2010 02:28 PM
New Visitor

Re: Fox Soccer in HD and Fox Soccer Plus-Am I the only one asking for this every week? What's the d

No you are not, I have been doing the same thing ever since they took Setanta soccer channel off the air.

If Comcast does not pick Fox Soccer Plus channel up by the end of March or at least be able to say when they will start offering it,  I am switching to Direct TV or Dish.

Both of them already carry Fox Soccer and Fox Soccer Plus right now and I can not go much longer without it. I do not know what the problem is with comcast, if it is a premium channel that people are willing to pay extra for, you would think they would offer it.

Does anyone know if or when Comcast plans on offering Fox Soccer Plus? Everytime I call about it, they tell me they don't know which is not the answer I am looking for.  I guess I am going to have to change providers.

New Visitor

Re: Fox Soccer in HD and Fox Soccer Plus-Am I the only one asking for this every week? What's the d

I have been hoping for Comcast to offer Fox Soccer Plus since Fox announced the channel.  I've submitted my request through the foxsoccerchannel website and recently I spoke with a customer service rep.  She did not know what I was talking about but assured me that Comcast is working to provide all channels in HD.  This was a great way to circumvent the subject and I have the feeling that Comcast will not offer the channel.  I am looking into switching to either Dish or DirectTV, I haven't decided which.

fdr

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

No you are not the only one asking for FSC HD. Really frustating since its MLS kickoff weekend and I'm already tired of hearing about FSC being in HD. What good is it to hear about a channel being in HD when Comcast won't add it. Especially since we have to pay the extra amount to get the "sports & entertainment" package.

New Visitor
rlf-22

I like comcast and I don't understand why they can't make the switch

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

You would think with at least four other topics on FSC HD just on the first page here that Comcast would get the clue that people in fact DO want FSC HD. I hardly see anyone right now clamoring for 3D channels yet Comcast was lickety split fast with adding that useless ESPN 3D channel.... that has what only a few hours tops a day of programming.

Wake up Comcast and listen to your customers. We are the paying customer and we want Fox Soccer Channel HD. Now please add it.

New Visitor
gfbhwo

I'm just hoping that either:

a) Comcast will pick up the FSC HD channel

or:

2) ESPN will have such good ratings for WC2010 that they will buy the majority of the 2010-2011  Premier League fixtures and maybe the Champions League too.

After watching the WC in HD I don't want to go back to SD next season.

Is there any conduit at Comcast for lobbying to have specific channels included?

New Visitor
Herbsx2

Soccer fans united --- bring FSC HD to us....please....

And Fox Soccer Plus too --- PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Regular Contributor

The New English Prem Season Starts On 14th of August - it takes dish network 1 week to install - If comcast have not got FSC (FSC+) in HD by 4 August then By-BY comcast and hello Dish

Bronze Star Contributor

+1 for FSC HD

Regular Contributor

Tick, Tick, Tick, -  Comcast -

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

I called Comcast a few days ago. Got a woman who pretty much told me she has "no idea" on when the channel will be added and is sick of being asked. Yes she legit told me she is sick of being asked about FSC HD. I simply said "well maybe that should be a clue your company needs to listen to its customers." She agreed with me.

Contributor

Please Comcast, just make an attempt to cater towards football/soccer fans who are growing in numbers by the day by adding FSCHD and/or FSPHD and/or GolTVHD, or else we'll start leaving promptly to Dish.

Contributor
tripnox

FSC, FSC+, and GOLtv in HD please!!!!

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mid July and no word,

making that call to the dish networks -

sorry comcast shareholders - another subscriber going away.

BTW

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/soccer/europe/2010-02-26-english-premier-league-tv_N.htm

now that also would be good - tell you what - i'll pay you $20 a month for the EPL channel

Regular Contributor

Please add FSC HD the picture quality on the SD channel stinks.

Regular Contributor

By-BY Comcast,

Hello Direct TV.

FSC HD Coming To Direct TV

Contributor

Close to switching here in Michigan as well.

Was leaning Dish but now with Direct getting GOL and FSC in HD well!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess CC doesn't want our business...even willing to pay al a carte for FSC+

Pete

AVFC

Contributor

Agree with all.

Actually I just swicthed to DISH for the FSC HD channel. Unfortunatley, my experience with them was very very bad. They are a big scam. I dumped them after 3 weeks for fraudulent charges to my card, no customer support (they really dont care at all), & a bunch of problems with the signal itself (audio/video sync issues, missing HD channels, purple screens, incorrect program guide, slow/klunky interface, no onDemand, etc...). This is before we even talk about weather :smileyhappy:

I am back with comcast now.

Comcast, please get the FSC HD channel! (Gol HD would be nice too)

Contributor

Typical answer from CC:

"Good day! I hope you're well.

Thank you for contacting Comcast Cable. I understand you would like further information regarding the addition of Fox Soccer Channel HD to your Comcast channel lineup.  

Our goal is to provide a wide choice of quality cable networks and local broadcast channels reflecting the diverse programming interests of our customers.  In addition to requests from customers, the following factors play a part in our decision making process:

FCC regulations, such as requirements to carry all local broadcast channels  Requirement by local broadcasters to carry their affiliated cable networks  The number of access channels required by local government  Customer satisfaction with networks carried in other systems  Customer satisfaction with similar networks  Importance of the network to our diverse community  Level of interest across a percentage of our customer base  Per-subscriber programming fees charged by the network versus the value added to the line-up

As you may know, we have been investing millions of dollars in new technology to increase the channel capacity of the system through digital technology.  So an additional factor in launching new channels is whether or not a particular network is available in the digital format.

What this all means is that we take all requests for new networks very seriously, and that we carefully consider the overall impact of adding each network.  While we cannot honor every request, we do take each request into consideration in planning future changes to the line-up.

Thank you for allowing me this opportunity to assist you, Peter. We appreciate that you have chosen Comcast as your service provider and we thank you for your business. Please do not hesitate to contact us again
in the future, if you have any further questions or concerns.   

Thank you for choosing Comcast.

Sincerely,"

?? and we get channels like HSN, QVC etc. in HD but not FSC or even BBC.

Pete

Regular Contributor

Strange thing is, i am going to (maybe) have to either stream or download the matches i want to see for free until get DirectTV setup. Guess comcast dont want my money - very strange for them

Contributor
StuBee

Hey Comcast..it's the biggest sport in the world..you think you'd carry the soccer channel in HD.  bah.  Lost money for you.

Contributor
mancowmilitia

[ Edited ]

EPL has started a new season and we're still stuck with the same old SD version of FSC, while both satellite companys and several cable companies have already added FSC-HD.  DirecTV even added GolTV-HD.  How about acting like a market leader, Comcast?

Recognized Contributor

Would a Comcast support rep please post in this thread to acknowledge its existence at the very least? It's clear from this thread and the many past threads about this topic that Comcast customers want Fox Soccer Channel in HD and, at the very least, want some sort of information about when Comcast might begin offering the channel, one already offered by DirecTV, Time-Warner, FiOS, Dish, and other carriers. It would be fair to all for someone from Comcast to at least post a reply so that people aren't talking in a vacuum. Some news, even bad news, would be preferable to the status quo of no news at all.

Contributor
StuBee

speaking of which...anyone find the proper place to report channel requests?

The sticky at the top of this forum seems wrong, as the place it refers seems to be feedback for the website..not channel requests.

Probably all goes into a big void anyways.

Contributor

Well, I emailed support/feedback and got a real person to respond. We had a short thread going as well.

Here's is the email response from Comcast:

--------------------------------------------------------

"..I understand you would like further information regarding the addition of Fox Soccer Channel to your Comcast HD channel lineup. 

Our goal is to provide a wide choice of quality cable networks and local broadcast channels reflecting the diverse programming interests of our customers.  In addition to requests from customers, the following factors play a part in our decision making process:

7 FCC regulations, such as requirements to carry all local broadcast channels

7 Requirement by local broadcasters to carry their affiliated cable networks

7 The number of access channels required by local government

7 Customer satisfaction with networks carried in other systems

7 Customer satisfaction with similar networks

7 Importance of the network to our diverse community

7 Level of interest across a percentage of our customer base

7 Per-subscriber programming fees charged by the network versus the value added to the line-up

We take all requests for new networks very seriously, and that we carefully consider the overall impact of adding each network.  While we cannot honor every request, we do take each request into consideration in planning future changes to the line-up. I have sent this request to the correct department...."

and here is my follow up:

-------------------------------

"...Here are a few reasons to strongly consider including this channel (in HD):

* You are already making the channel available in SD so including the HD version should not be a big leap in terms of licensing, regulations, etc..

* The FSC SD channel in particular, does not look good on HD TV sets. In fact it looks quite bad, beyond what one would consider acceptable picture quality. There might be something specific to the signal quality of FSC SD as it is very poor in comparison to other SD channels viewed in HD.

* SD TVs sets are no longer being sold. Even if one wanted to get good picture quality from the FSC SD version, those TVs are out of the market.

* Soccer is the most popular sport in the world with the largest viewing audience as well. Estimates are that around 1 billion people watched the most recent world cup tournament. There are many many expatriates living in the U.S. who would benefit and appreciate this channel as well as a rapidly growing domestic market. ESPN's recent purchase of the EPL, La Liga and most recent world cup licensing rights has proven to be a very big success for them.  Many customers would be willing to pay extra as well. In fact I do pay extra today and would be willing to pay even more if the HD version was made available.

* Some of your closest competitors are including the HD channel. DISH Network has it. DirectTV will be adding this Summer according to published reports. I would not be surprised to see VIOS & Uverse follow suit as well.

* There is strong sentiment on the Comcast forums (hosted by you) to add this channel in HD. You can browse or search the topic and will find many submissions. Many of these customers will eventually choose a competitor.

* Lastly, there are many channels that are included in HD today that have very questionable appeal or popularity. Perhaps some re-consideration can be done to take this into account...."

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

Thanks for sharing your feedback. As my colleague mentioned, there are several things to consider when adding new channels; however your interest has been noted. Please let us know if we can do anything else for you.

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin
Contributor
StuBee

"Please let us know if we can do anything else for you."

yes...can you pass your "Note" on to someone that can influence decisions, and with it state that the most popular threads on your Comcast Channel Lineup forums are regarding the lack of this channel.

Thanks,

Remember to enjoy Cable Operators that listen to customer feedback or switch providers often.

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

I'm not trying to be mean with what I am about to say... but I'm quite frankly sick and tired of hearing considerations this and requests that. I call the offices here at least once a week asking when FSC HD would be added. Its the same thing every week as in "no idea" and "put a request in" and such. Its clearly noted here on these forums people want FSC HD. CSR's have clearly been asked more than enough times as at least several reps have told me they get a number of calls on a daily basis for FSC HD.

Comcast.... the people have spoken. Your competitors in my area (DirecTV and Dish) have it. Right now is the time to get your act together and get FSC HD added like no tomorrow. Otherwise you are going to lose customers over this which you simply can't afford to have happen.

Thank you.

(Also can we finally get HDNet added to our system here in St. Paul/Anoka.... seeing that Minneapolis has HDNet it would be nice that we get it on our system too)

Regular Contributor

So, my soccer team had it first match of the season last night, afterwards the talk got around to ESPN / World Cup Coverage, which in turn leads to FSC in HD.

turns out that out of the 16 players,  6 have either have or will be moving to DirectTV just to get the soccer channels in HD.

Contributor
cguida

[ Edited ]

this whole " FCC regulations, such as requirements to carry all local broadcast channels" is such garbage.  how can they even say it with a straight face?  it's like saying "hey grocery store, why don't you carry bananas?" "well, we're required to have fire extinguishers".

WHAT DOES ONE HAVE TO DO WITH THE OTHER?!?! There's plenty of capacity, you add channels no one is particurally interested in, and yet the big old bad FCC is requiring you to carry basic channels, which somehow means you can't get FSC in HD.

i swear their PR department must be run by a kindergarten class.

Recognized Contributor

[ Edited ]

Detreon, thank you for replying to the thread. Although my next paragraphs will probably sound harsh and possibly offend, I believe you honestly mean well and are trying to help. My displeasure concerns Comcast, not you as an individual

Unfortunately the information you have presented neither helps, informs or comforts the concerned posters and readers of this thread nor does it help the many Comcast customers who share our views, but do not post at or read this board. Although it's the primary concern in this thread, this is about more than people wanting Fox Soccer Channel in HD.

People want specific information about their Comcast products and services in general and are tired of receiving vague, useless answers, or no answers at all, to their legitimate questions. This poor customer communication damages Comcast’s reputation as much as the lack of any individual channel. If Comcast won’t give its CSRs meaningful information to relay to the customers and/or won’t allow the CSRs to share meaningful information they possess, then how can customers contact the decision makers and people who actually have information in order to receive meaningful answers? That shouldn’t be an insurmountable obstacle.

Contributor
Dr_Nesbitt

Hello. I was very disappointed to see Fox Soccer Channel missing from the recent expanded HD line up in the Twin Cities. If you're going to withhold the HD service, you should at the very minimum offer FSC and Fox Soccer Plus as a bundle. The viewership numbers for the World Cup and UEFA Champions League final by themselves should be enough to compel you to act. 
Are there any plans to enhance the soccer offerings?
Contributor

Have been patiently waiting, frustrated like everyone else that can't get any idea when this is actually going to happen, but (for some reason) giving Comcast the benefit of the doubt that they'd get this together by the start of the European leagues.

So, what do I wake up to this morning?  Fox Soccer Channel in glorious HD?  Verification that no rash decision to change providers was needed?

Nope.  Just the price on my cable service (incl. a line item increase for the Sports Entertainment Package, but still no FSC in HD) going up 8%.

Am calling today to drop the Sports Entertainment Package immediately and go down to a cheaper basic service plan while investigating whether my switch will be to Dish, Direct TV, or U-Verse.

Am also posting this in the local soccer board (San Jose) so that the others there in my sitauation, i.e. frustrated with Comcast's lack of progress and response on this but waiting to see if they could get it done close to the start of the seasons, and it sounds like there are many of us, are fully aware of their new and improved (increased) rate with no FSC in HD.

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

tamalieii nailed one of my biggest gripes with Comcast in general which is the misleading, confusing, and/or otherwise useless information I've gotten from the past from CSRs. I really hate the fact that Comcast does little to keep their CSRs informed about things they need to know that they get asked about which is one of the biggest reasons why Comcast recently won that "Worst Company In America" award.

The latest excuse I've gotten from CSRs makes me laugh the most however. Several reps have told me "well we might add more HD channels once the digital transition is done in the Twin Cities." Yet somehow Comcast had no problems adding either that useless ESPN 3D or that barely in use Comcast 3D channel on our system here after the transition was done here.

On that note... I'm glad to see I'm not the only person in the Twin Cities area upset about the lack of FSC HD.

Contributor

Get it done Comcast, Add FSCHD at a miniumum (FS+HD and GolTVHD would be a bonues) and save yourself some subscribers at the same time. Justify your overpriced Sports pack with some added value. While your at it at Speed HD which is still no where to be found in New England.

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

Some good news....

I was on the phone with a supervisor today because I've been having signal issues on my HD channels. I brought up FSC HD which she told me that Comcast is in talks with Fox with getting both FSC HD and FSP HD added. She told me that they are getting floods of calls for the channels and that our demands are certainly not being ignored. She didn't have a time table on when they would be added but hoped that it would happen very soon.

At least hearing this makes me feel a little better about the situation. Yeah its not as good as the feeling I will have the day I see FSCHD on my guide... but its a start.

Contributor
mancowmilitia

As there are two sides to this negotiaion, here's a link to let FSC know that there are many Comcast customers who want FSC-HD. 

http://msn.foxsports.com/feedback

Simply choose TV in the first drop-down box and Fox Soccer Channel when the second box shows up.

Contributor
StuBee

Here's another link where you can find what carrier is actually providing FSCHD in your area.  You can also fill out the form to request the channel be added to comcast......looks like both Fox and Comcast will get the request.

http://foxsoccer.channelfinder.net/start.asp

For my area...Dish is the only one at this point.

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

The find FSC HD thing on their site is behind since its telling me DirecTV doesn't have it in HD.

Regular Contributor

320 Games on Direct TV - and it does say HD

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/sports/soccer

New Visitor
cmack79

Fox Soccer Channel HD

Any idea if this will become available for baltimore county,md?

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

Re: Fox Soccer Channel HD

Right now the big thing is waiting for Comcast and Fox to get a national carriage agreement so its hard to say when it will happen. The only thing we can really do on our end is keep putting pressure on Comcast and Fox to both get this done with ASAP. The more pressure both sides get from us the viewers the faster it will get done.

Contributor
Dr_Nesbitt

Check the date on the first post in this thread. FEBRUARY! and still no movement, no information, no nothin from Comcast. We're all on month to month contracts. Why are we waiting for Comcast to provide something that's already offered by every other player in the marketplace? They obviously aren't making it a priority now, so what do you expect to happen when 3D comes to the Premiere League? 4D? Smell O Vision?! They've had over 6 months to produce some kind of action plan to show how (if?) soccer was important to them.  It's time for me to walk. And that sucks because I'm probably one of the few people who have been really pleased with the customer service. Sucks when the front line is doing the job right and the higher ups can't get their act together.

New Visitor
Herbsx2

It's now November - still nothing at all.  Maddening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contributor

Anyone from Comcast listening? It sure would be nice to get some kind of feedback. Any info at all?

When will FSC HD be available?

Contributor
Dr_Nesbitt

I posted to this forum several months ago and pulled the plug on Comcast in late September. Kept the internet and went to DirecTV for television. I'm watching Spurs v. Inter in gooooorgeous HD right now and I'm going to DVR the rest of the game thanks to a free upgrade (so I can go to the dentist). So life is not perfect, but Fox Soccer in HD makes it pretty awesome. Gol TV and UEFA Cup games on demand is a lovely bonus.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Comcast is planning to add out of market RSNs in the coming months that feature nothing but talking heads and blacked out games.

How about you actually add a Sports channel that has some actual sports events Comcast.

We want FSC HD! 

SPEED HD would also be nice which isnt available on Comcast's New England systems.