Visitor
ball932

Re: FSC HD Fox Soccer Channel

Up until August, I had been with DirecTv for my video services and Comcast for my internet.  I decided to investigate Comcast when the Xfinity service changes were announced in my area.  I spoke with a Comcast sales representative and he assured me that when the TV portion of xfinity went live in my area that FSC HD was on the list.

Well here it is in November and still no FSC HD, in fact I cannot tell if there are any new HD channels in my area as of yet.  I recently spoke with a Comcast representative about the timetable for the new xfinity HD channels and FSC HD and they had no idea if FSC HD would be part of the new channels and whether there would be any new channels coming anytime soon to my area.

I would not trust much of what you hear from any of the Comcast representatives.  I feel that I was lied to and intentionally mislead regarding xfinity and FSC HD, the two of the reasons that I moved from DirecTV.  Our choices as comcast subscribers are to wait for FSC HD, or other desired content, to appear one day or switch to a provider that listens.  To rub salt in this wound, weeks after I switched DirecTV announced that they would add FSC HD.

So far, I think I've made a mistake.

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

I got told the EXACT same thing prior to my area having the World Of More/Calvary/Project Xfinity done in my area only to have Comcast reps turn on their word and say "well we never said that" when I called them out on FSC HD not being available. I've given up expecting Comcast to add the channel or HDNet for that matter since its apparent my "requests" are falling on deaf ears.

Regular Visitor

I asked about this 6 months+ ago too. I only really watch TV for the footie. Early Saturdays when ESPN spoil us with an HD Prem match make switching to FSC and getting low-def picture all the harder and sadder. 

Father in law has had FSCHD on satellite for ages now, I'm sorely tempted to switch to his provider, yet I still hold out a little hope.....

Regular Contributor
Dehoban

In my market, Grand Rapids, MI, comcast has the Tennis Channel in HD, but FSC and GolTV only SD. Is TENNIS really a more popular or higher advertising revenue sport than soccer?
Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

Tennis Channel was probably easier to negotiate carriage rights on compared to FSC HD. Still no excuse that Comcast a year into the life of an HD network has only now gotten it up and running in one market. Especially for a company that brags in their ads about having the most HD choices including sports.

Contributor
mancowmilitia

It is ridiculous that it is taking them so long.  Now that the Red Zone channel is no longer active, I have cancelled my Sports Package.  I am not going to pay to watch SD soccer, and the rest of the content in the package does not support the $8/month they are currently charging.

New Visitor
bnylin

++1 for FSC HD! 

Same for NFL Redzone, why is it not in HD?  DISH Network has both FSC and NFLRZ in HD already.

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

RedZone seems to be on a per market basis in regards to HD availability. Not that it matters much right now since the channel is dead until September.

Contributor
Dr_Nesbitt

FSC in HD is not going to happen on Comcast. Look at how old this discussion is. I switched to directv last fall and bought a plasma tv on black friday.

Soccer in HD on this screen often brings me close to tears.

Find a Drctv customer, get a referral, and you both get $100 bucks off your bill. Go with a local installer and they give you even more free stuff. it's a no brainer.

Contributor
Dr_Nesbitt

Comcast just bought NBC.

It needs soccer fans even less now.

Take your money and your vuvuzela elsewhere.

Seriously. Why is this thread still active?

Bronze Star Contributor
Broni

I want Fox Soccer Channel in HD!

Any word on it?

I can see, other networks, like Cablevision, DirecTV, have it already.

There is even FSN HD in Spanish on Comcast, but not English.

I can see people all over the net demanding it and nothing happens.

C'mmon Comcast.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: I want Fox Soccer Channel in HD!

All channel requests are to follow this procedure, we are not to comment on it.

How do I request a channel not currently carried on my channel lineup?

You can submit a channel request at your local Comcast office, or by using our customer feedback form*.  Please do not include any written correspondence about your channel lineup with your payment.

Comcast continually seeks to improve the viewing and entertainment experience of our customers. Channel requests help us to make decisions about adding to or changing channel lineups.

*The customer feedback form can be found by going to www.comcast.com and scrolling to the very bottom of the page.  Click on 'Comcast.com Feedback'

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am not sure you are telling the truth - I have requested FSC in HD for over a year, by telephone calls, emails and a visit to my local store. And NADA!!! Even a threat to move to DTV did not generate a reply!!!

And please tell me which one to pick for feedback as your suggestion for customer feedback does not exist.

Comcast Directory
Bronze Star Contributor
Broni

Yeah, I was expecting a comment from some Comcast person, not sending me to some worthless (as proven above) feedback.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

The Comcast administrator on this forum has requested all channel requests to use that link.  If we flagged your post for followup, he would tell you the same thing.

That is the official response we are to post for channel requests.

Bronze Star Contributor
Broni

I just checked to make sure, I posted in English and I did.

We all KNOW, hundreds of people ARE requesting FSC in HD (Google it!).

All we want is some word from Comcast person, if FSC in HD will be available and eventually when.

It's that simple.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

The Comcast Cares Team has been notified of your post.

Bronze Star Contributor
Broni

We'll see how much they care....

I find this whole issue extra ridiculous for two additional reasons:

1. In English speaking country, FSC is availiable in HD in Spanish, but not in Ensglish.

2. When I'm watching EPL game, I can see a watermark, straight in my face, "HD Live"! I say where?

Regular Contributor

But the link does not exist..........................

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

https://secure.opinionlab.com/ccc01/o.asp?id=BPwhRtBv

Try the above link and see what happens

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

I've called Comcast repeatedly, sent multiple e-mails, Twittered and Facebooked to death yet a year later Comcast has not added FSC at all outside of New Mexico. Even more pathetic since this is a channel that's under the "sports and entertainment" package so for me to get FSC period means I need to subscribe to that. You would think seeing that one has to pay extra for FSC that the HD feed should be included.

Come on Comcast. Please add FSC HD. I'm tired of begging. I just want FSC in HD.

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

The vast majority of soccer fans including myself actually hates the vuvuzela. Just thought I'd pass that along.

Bronze Star Contributor
Broni

If you Google the issue, you can see, that those demands go back at least couple of years ago and all we're getting in this topic is some "smart alek" asking us to beg again through some worthless link.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

@Broni

In case you are not aware of it most of the people here are customers like your self. Unless the username is in Red which is a official Comcast employee everyone else pays a bill just like you. And we have had our issues with stuff also so we came here looking for answers. Sometimes you get them, sometimes not.

As for the link we are begging you to go to, that comes from the official people, who are generally not watching every thread in this forum. And I am not even sure if they are allowed to, I know DirectTV used to forbid their employees to answer questions on their customer help forum until recently in any manner.

Sorry  about the rant, but even though we understand your frustration, please try to relize that most of the people helping out here have no real control inside Comcast so it does get a little frustrating for us also.

Thanks

And I have put in a request through that same link with no results. I have also had some issues with other parts of Comcast's website that I have talked directly to people at the regional headend for my system and still have seen no fixes on the issue with the Fancast site that I pointed out to them several months ago.

So one "smart alex" wishing you a Good Evening.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

But don't they make good funnels? Could be handy with the snow drifts around here for fluids to cars:smileywink:

Bronze Star Contributor
Broni

@ commanguy

I really didn't mean any ofense.

My comment was actually pointed at JayInAlg

I got upset, because as I said

Broni wrote:
We all KNOW, hundreds of people ARE requesting FSC in HD (Google it!).
Yeah, I was expecting a comment from some Comcast person, not sending me to some worthless (as proven above) feedback.

So, using some link obviously does nothing toward solving the issue.

and...

"The Comcast Cares Team has been notified of your post."

Do they care? I guess not.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Solving your request of FSC-HD is not in the scope of this forum, and we have been instructed to point you to those links for logging it in the proper place.

You shouldn't be getting upset with me, as I am pointing you in the right direction, as requested by the forum administrator, who is the only Comcast employee on this community forum.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Broni

I understand. Sometimes I just wonder how most companies in this country work at times. Didn't mean to start anything. Hopefully someday some of these things will get remedied (but personally I am not holding my breath).

Bronze Star Contributor
Broni

[ Edited ]

@  commanguy

"but personally I am not holding my breath"

Me neither and I have to admit, that Comcast must be pretty close to the top on the list of those hopeless companies.

@  JayInAlg

"as I am pointing you in the right direction"

I'd assume, you've been pointing people in that "right" direction for at least couple of years and it must be something "wrong" with that direction since nothing positive came out of it yet.

Contributor
Dr_Nesbitt

Lighten up, Demoman. What are you, a Chelsea fan? Sounds like you need HD AND a sense of humor.

Anyhoo, best of luck. 

Regular Contributor

I hope you will forgive our skepticism - but we have been trying for over a year to get FSC in HD - even the Comcast employees we talk to have no idea. It's a bad way of doing business. All we need is an answer. If FSC want to much money for the service - tell us!

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

[ Edited ]

We are not able to disclose any content provider, channel or company we may be working with to offer content; however, we are aware there is a demand for FSC HD. In many areas we are still confined by bandwidth. The best method to share your concern is via the information Jay provided above.

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin
Bronze Star Contributor
Broni

Hello

I truly appreciate your reply.

One thing, that concerns me...

If there is a bandwith concern, how come, there is enough bandwidth (at least in my area) for FSC HD in Spanish, but not in English?

Are we becoming secondary citizens in our own country?

No offense toward Spanish speaking people meant.

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

To my knowledge there's no FSC HD in Spanish. There is however a Fox Sports Spanish channel. At least in my area its not available in HD but perhaps its available in HD in other markets. As far as bandwidth from what I gather my area's system still has about 20% available which means more then enough room to get FSC HD added.

(Along with HDNet since Minneapolis has it... come on St. Paul deserves it too)

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

Actually I'm a MLS fan.... and I still can hear those horns in my nightmares at night.

Contributor

It's not just Fox Soccer but GolTV. The games are broadcast in HD but we receive it in SD.  The picture is cut off on the right and left plus the bigger the TV, the worse the picture. Nothing more frustrating than the ball being just off screen because it is in SD. That plus the fact that you can't even read the numbers on the back of the kit.

I think it might be time to cancel the sports package as a first step.

But the good news is that Food Network is in HD. Seriously, what is that about???

Contributor

Well I found my way here after Googling, since I am so frustrated that the awesome AC Milan vs Tottenham game this afternoon will not be available in HD on FSC. Ironically, another UEFA game is available on Comcast's own Sportnet channel in HD...

Clearly we will never seen the full story on this forum - probably there is a money issue between Fox and Comcast.

I followed the link above to formalize my own request, but that's really only a form for commenting on the comcast.com website itself. I doubt it will have any impact.

My own bet is that FSC in HD will come to Comcast as soon as FIOS offers it (if ever).

Regular Contributor

What is (where is ) Comcast's own Sportsnet channel?

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Comcast Sports Group

Comcast Sports Group operates 14 local networks that deliver 2,400 sporting events annually and breaking news and analysis to more than 50 million cable and satellite homes. Comcast Sports Group’s sports networks are: Comcast SportsNet Bay Area, Comcast SportsNet California, Comcast SportsNet Chicago, Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic, Comcast SportsNet New England, Comcast SportsNet Northwest, Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia, SNY, The Mtn.-Mountain West Sports Network, CSS, and Comcast Sports Southwest. Comcast Sports Group also manages New England Cable News (NECN), the nation’s largest regional news network, and The Comcast Network, based in Philadelphia and Washington, which delivers community-oriented programming.

Contributor

In my area it is channels 52 and 852 (HD)

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

Comcast SportsNet is another regional based sports network available in some markets. Its usually in areas where Fox Sports Net isn't available in. Often times some of the nationally televised games on the FSN channels are also on the CSN channels as well (ie: UEFA games).

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/mls-fox-extend-national-broadcast-rights-agreement

In other words Comcast you better dang well add FSC HD by MLS opening weekend.

Regular Contributor
brian_ashley

I've got 4 more months on my contract with Comcast. If my FSC is still in standard def at that point I'm off to satellite. It's that simple. I've been waiting 3 years and I'm certainly not the only FSC subscriber wondering What the hec is taking so long.

Bronze Star Contributor
Broni

I'm glad, someone revived this topic :smileyhappy:

I had an idea to keep this topic running and keep asking very same question over and over until we'll get some results.

Isn't it: "Customer is always right"?

We'll see if Comcast cares, or not.

Some "smart alek" stated in this topic earlier, that they do.

Regular Contributor

I am in that frame of mind also - I have 5 months left on a two year contract - I will move

Bronze Star Contributor
Broni

I frequent several big internet forums and I posted following message on them, inviting people to give their support in this very topic.

This is the message:

"I love soccer and as you know, there is nothing better than a soccer in HD.
Comcast has Fox Soccer Channel, but it's delivered in standard definition.
Demands for getting FSC in HD have been floating over the net for quite some time, so I decided to start a small campaign on the subject at Comcast forum.
If you're a soccer fan and you're a Comcast customer, please voice your opinion at I want Fox Soccer Channel in HD!
Let's see, if Comcast cares."

Whoever cares, please, do the same.

When this topic will balloon, hopefully it'll put some more pressure on Comast and....we'll see.

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

Great news for those in Philly. On April 12th both Fox Soccer HD and GolTV HD will be availble on channels 1512 and 1513. That makes Philly the second market to get Fox Soccer HD with Albuquerque, NM being the first. Hopefully with Philly getting the channel that means other markers are on the verge of getting it added soon as well.

Recognized Contributor

I'm not sure what the scoop is with Albuquerque, but Philadelphia just became the first market to get the latest increase in HD channels. Markets that got the World Of More upgrade went from around 35 to around 100 HD channels. Philadelphia just went from 100 to around 140. That increased capacity enabled Comcast to bring them FSC HD.

I'm not sure if other markets must receive this latest upgrade before getting the channel. Given that my market only recently received the World Of More upgrade, if things go at the same pace then I'd venture my area won't get this latest one until late 2012 or early 2013.

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

Well to be honest Philly is also dropping the west coast HD feeds for the movie channels the same day they are getting channels such as FSC HD. Plus from my understanding at least my market (St. Paul) still has room to spare to add more HD channels so FSC HD can still be added.

New Visitor
Detroit313

It would be nice too watch the EPL and Serie A in HD! Also the champions league games

GOLTV HD would be a nice little addtion to as I'm watching more and more of La Liga.

With the SD.

Once the season is over I’m thinking of dropping the sports package and not picking it back up until HD channels are added. I usually keep the sports package and watch the other programming on the soccer channels. But not this time as I missed games this season since they were on FSC+ which Comcast doesn’t even have either.