Contributor
StuBee

Re: FSC HD Fox Soccer Channel

"I think, this is simply ridiculous, that with English being an official US language, Spanish speaking people can watch FSC in HD, but we can't."

Heh..i think thats the most nonsensical think I've read all day.

Bronze Star Contributor
Broni

Really? Why would that be?

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

Broni there is no FSC in Spanish. There is Fox Deportes (in Spanish) which to my knowledge isn't in HD yet. While some programming on FSC does also air on Fox Deportes they are two seperate networks.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

dr nesbitt

At the top of this forum page go to the Topics Option(in blue) and look to see if it says UNSUBSCRIBE anywhere in that pull down menu. If it does select it.

You can also set up and remove e-mail reminders in your personal preferences under the MY SETTINGS by your user name at the top of forum pages.

How do you like Direct?

Contributor
Dr_Nesbitt

Thanks for the help commanguy. I have to admit it was difficult to leave comcast. I didn't have any of the customer service issues they're infamous for, in fact it was always better than I expected. But going to direct was quick and easy. Same level of service. Was able to afford the Hd dvr. FYI Fox Soccer Report is still in standard format 4:3. Hopefully they redo the studio soon.
Contributor
simonlaw

Dr Nesbitt,

What about Sky Sports News, is that in HD? Thx

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

Actually Nesbitt from my understanding Fox Soccer Report is done by an Canada company who doesn't have the equipment to send it out in HD.

Contributor
Dr_Nesbitt

Simon Law: Sky Sports News appears to be in HD, but I can only confidently say it's in widescreen. its got so many tickertapes and banners running scores and stats as well as the occassional split screen that I have no idea what the actual resolution would be. There are review shows on GolHD but I don't watch them regularly enough to remember if they're standard or wide.

Demo Man: I know zero about what it takes to upgrade a broadcast/studio to HD but the fact that similar microbudget greenscreened programs like tosh.O can be in HD suggests to me that maybe it just needs someone in management to take the program seriously and make the change. And it continues to baffle me as it is the network's namesake and (I think) the only original review show now that Fox Football Phone In appears to have fizzled out.

But I'm not complaining. The Seattle v. Vancouver game last night was truly spectacular. The Sounders colors were made for HD. 

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

[ Edited ]

Its reported that Fox Soccer Report will be going HD later this year. Again the production company that does the show doesn't have the capability to send the show out in HD. Once the production company gets their new satellite up and running to send the show to FSC to air in HD then it will air in HD as the rest of their studio is set to go for HD. As far as Fox Football Phone it never did well in ratings so that's why they did away with it.

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

Oh and this should be noted that this thread is now five pages deep which to my knowledge makes this one of the biggest threads on the Comcast forums. This should be a clue to Comcast that there is more then enough demand for this channel.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Third I think. Visa Gift Card issues is at 7 pages and DVR Stickie is at 6. Overall they all could be considered service and technical issues. Not very inspiring.

Bronze Star Contributor
Broni

Let's see, if we can get to page 6 and 7.

I wonder at what page Comcast will hear us...LOL

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

I suspect maybe by page 10 we'll finally get some kind of confirmation from Comcast that we'll get Fox Soccer HD by 2013 "in most markets."

Contributor

This all boils down to dollars/cents. If Comcast thought it worth their while to have FSC HD nationwide or at least in major market areas, then we would have it by now. Apparently (and unfortuantley), cooking, shopping, and various other fringe channels must bring in more revenue for them.

Bronze Star Contributor
Broni

That's right. I'm very thrilled, that I can see some chow mein being prepared in HD, so I can see every single grain of salt being put into a pot...LOL

Visitor
jay62629

Does anyone watch the MLB, NBA and Tennis HD Channels? The NBA and MLB channels can't broadcast live events. FSC needs to be in HD.

Recognized Contributor

NBA TV and MLB TV both broadcast live games in HD on a regular basis.

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

Fox will be rebranding the channel to simply Fox Soccer very soon. Fox Soccer just posted this on their Facebook an hour ago complete with the new logos.

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

I can also confirm that both NBA and MLB shows live games. I've watched a number of live Boston Celtics games live on NBA TV in fact. Both channels will simply take one of the regional feeds but will change the on screen graphics to their own.

New Visitor
Nickison09

I am a high-earning male in a 2-person sports fan home. If FoxSoccer doesn't go to HD on Comcast for this upcoming season, I will leave Comcast.  I know there are others I work with who follow Serie A soccer who are going to do the same.

If Comcast is in the business of losing the business of people in their late-20s earning good money and are high-volume media consumers, they are doing a great job of ignoring this service for those fans.

Contributor
Dr_Nesbitt

If you recall a few posts back I mentioned getting active on Twitter. I don't have an account but I know people are getting customer service responses from companies, Comcast in particular, faster from a well worded tweet to lots of followers than via the telephone or online chat. It's happening enough to catch NPR and the New York Times' attention. So do it. They're watching. Seriously. Make it your last stand.

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

By the way the rebranding of Fox Soccer begins on August 13th accoridng to EPL Talk.

Regular Contributor
Hopslam

It's amazing that this is the longest thread on these forums and Comcast just doesn't seem to care.  So tired of it.

I'm giving Comcast until July 31st to either add or 100% confirm that they are adding FSC in HD.  If not, on August 1st, I will be making the call to Verizon.  Enough is enough.  I get 900 channels I don't need and I'm only asking for 1 and I can't get it. 

Recognized Contributor

comcast dropping the ball.

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

You mean Comcast is kicking high and wide over the goal. :smileywink:

Regular Contributor
Hecbori787

I just found this, Comcast has added FSC HD, however in VERY selective markets!!! This is unacceptable!!!

http://www.epltalk.com/fox-soccer-channel-hd-on-comcast-help-speed-up-the-rollout-32104

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Apparently Fox are putting the price of the getting FSC up, because they predict a larger interest in soccer because of the NFL lockout. Sorry, no links this was "overheard" :smileywink: at a Media Marketing Convension.

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

I can understand a little bit had Fox Soccer HD launched during the NFL lockout. However Fox Soccer HD has been running since Febuary 2010 which to me its inexcusable why Comcast continues to drag this whole debacle on. If Comcast can add ESPN 3D - a channel that pretty much shows the same few events repeated all day every day - then I fail to see why its turned into an almost year and a half battle so far to get Fox Soccer HD added.

Regular Contributor

My Hunch is that ESPN 3D is free or very low cost - Both hopping that 3D TV will take off (it wont, see Blu-Ray). It also looks good in Comcast advertising. 

As for the markets FSC is avalable in - strange choices, i would have thought the Metro Area's California would have it first, as there are a high density of soccer fans (LA Galaxy, SJ Earthquakes are well supported) and a high percentage of Spanish speaking soccer fans (and there are a lot!) follow the English Prem League (FSC main ouput).

oh well, i guess it is Comcaat you are dealing with ( i switched to DirectTV last year to get FSC HD, but love popping into this thread now and again as i still have comcast internet) so common sense goes out the window. 

New Visitor
RHurst

[ Edited ]

Oh, so I can't see USA vs Jamaica in HD!  

I going to switch.  Directv or Dish?  Would both have Fox Soccer in HD?  Maybe AT&T too.

Bye, Comcast.

(BTW, registered just to post my insatisfaction...my first post!)

Contributor

Just watched the USA-Jamaica game on the Spanish channel in HD (not FSC). I guess I'll have to brush up on my Spanish if I want commentary

New Visitor
reedamac

Crazy. I feel like picketing the Comcast office in ATL. It's absolutely nuts that they don't offer FSC in HD yet. Oh, but wait, I hear it may be coming. Let me hold my breath. Turning blue. Turning very blue now. Fading. Fadi

Contributor
mancowmilitia

[ Edited ]

So far I'm 2 for 2 in watching the US Gold Cup games in HD with English commentary.  Both of our local Spanish stations broadcast in HD and I can watch them OTA.  I then tune the Comcast box to FSC for the commentary, as the audio is routed through my receiver.

It's a pain, but it works.  Sure would be nice to simply have FSC in HD.  I'm giving them until the start of the EPL season in August or I will be switching.

Contributor
twinpeaks

Comcast continues to censor my criticism of their terrible customer service and lack of integrity in dealing with its customers in this forum. I'm going to step up my complaints and my campaign to much larger audiences. If Comcast executives would pass very basic customer service values to its employees, this would not be necessary.
Regular Contributor

The 'art' of customer service is dead these days. From restaurants to support call centers, its all about cheap labor and not quality service. Its sad that people are not taken care of these days but when you outsource most of your support, this is what happens. If I can''t even  understand what they are asking me, how can they understand my problem or issue? But I do wish Comcast would let us know the road map for channels and markets so we will have an idea of when, if ever, new channels will be available to us.

Regular Contributor
Hopslam

What can we do to step this up? It's obviously complaining on these message boards, calling Comcast, emailing and chatting with Comcast is getting is knowhere. Maybe we need to create a website or something. I'm not sure but there has to be something more we can do so that Comcast can see we are serious.
Regular Contributor
Hopslam

How can we use social media to our advantage?
Bronze Star Contributor
Broni

"Maybe we need to create a website"

I've been thinking about same thing....

Regular Contributor

I was able to talk with @ComcastWill a while ago and he helped me get the MLS Direct Kick package here in the Bay Area, so he may be a good start since he works for the company and seems to respond. so if you are on twitter here are some contacts:

@ComcastWill

@comcastcares

@ComcastMichael

@comcastvoices

Regular Contributor

Just to make it easier, here is a copy and paste request form to use:

Dear (twitter name), Can you please add Fox Soccer Channel in HD in (location)? Or, are plans to add the HD channel soon?

Bronze Star Contributor
Broni

We're talking here about getting FSC in HD, not some MLS games.

Regular Contributor
Hopslam

Those people on Twitter are absolutely useless. Especially ComcastBill which I see you didn't even mention. That should explain everything. They will just tell you the same thing. "Xfinity is constantly upgrading in all areas" or something standard like that.
New Visitor
cannonarsenal

I'm leaving in August if they don't have it by then or at least have announced a firm date early in the Prem season when it will be available. I know many other comcast customers that plan on doing the same thing. I think Comcast is in for a shock when they suddenly lose many soccer fans this summer. Many people gave Comcast the last season to get FSC in HD but are now sick of watching SD broadcasts when they've watched HD soccer on ESPN or the Spanish language channels. I've tried calling and writing but it is obvious that Comcast simply doesn't value soccer fans so it is time for us to move on to providers that do value our business.

Regular Contributor
Hopslam

I'm with you brother
Regular Contributor

"We're talking here about getting FSC in HD, not some MLS games."

Really? Thanks for the news! Read again please, I was talking about FSC in all of my posts, please troll somewhere else....

Regular Contributor

Twitter isn't exactly usless, like I said before they helped me get information on the MLS Direct Kick package whe it wasn't available since they work for the company and have information. I did get a repsonse via twitter about FSC in HD as well, but they tld me to email, which I did:

"ComcastMelissa ComcastMelissa:

Bronze Star Contributor
Broni

I'll say one more time...

Personally, I don't care about any MLS packages.

I want world class soccer on FSC in HD and that's it.

I assume, this is the subject of this topic, so stop pushing in here some Melissa with her MLS packages.

Contributor
mancowmilitia

Broni, how about some reading comprehension?  He has indicated that Melissa was helpful in his issue with the MLS packages, so it stands to reason that she may be of help in this situation as well.  Is it that difficult to understand?

Bronze Star Contributor
Broni

It's very easy to understand.

I simply don't believe, some Melissa will singlehandely bring all of us FSC in HD.

Unless she's Comcast CEO.

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

USA in the Gold Cup Championship Game this Saturday on Fox Soccer.... will Comcast finally add Fox Soccer HD for this game? I mean its a HUGE game for the US National Mens Team. And within minutes it looks like we'll be facing Mexico given Mexico is up 2-0 in overtime.

COME ON COMCAST! DON'T DENY YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS FOX SOCCER HD ESPECIALLY FOR A HUGE GAME COMING UP!