Bronze Star Contributor
Broni

Re: FSC HD Fox Soccer Channel

This is getting really ridiculous!!!

Some ***** removed my post #41, where I asked villafan to upload his recording here: http://www.filedropper.com/ so we can all hear it.

Whoever did it...what were you thinking?

We keep track of our posts, so don't you dare to do it again.

Be aware, that a copy of my reply goes to everyone's through email notification.

Are you brave enough to show yourself?

Bronze Star Contributor
Broni

If some removing will happen again, I'll be more than happy to invite everyone to my website to conitunue.

There will be no interruption there, nor any censorship.

Google will find us pretty quickly.

Contributor
tripnox

Anyone have any insight with the foxsoccer.tv subscription service whether it can stream HD onto your TV?

Tired of waiting and lazy to switch over.

New Visitor
SanJoseMLSfan

Just saw your post about the Bay Area news... terrible.  Shame on comcast.

Bronze Star Contributor
Broni

The above reply would be #48

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

#50.

enjoy !! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGeQ2LDEpPE

dont forget to tweet it etc, 

Regular Contributor

Commented, Tweeted on this call just now. They need to hurry up the process because waiting a year is unacceptable!

@SuddleD

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey Villafan - how long have you been a fan of the Villians? (making an assumption here).

Fellow fan in Michigan.

Still waiting for HD.

Locked into CC because of BBC HD otherwise would be switching to direct (won't go dish because of gol tv).

Pete

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

Really Comcast? Another year before you finally add Fox Soccer HD? Pathetic. 

Contributor
jafo1972

Shame on you Comcast! You sure have plenty of bandwidth for an HD Outdoors channel and a Shopping network here in Chicago but there's no space for FSC HD an GolTV HD. I have an idea for you until you find bandwidth: why don't you free space by eliminating the NFL Red Zone HD Channel that only broadcasts at very selected times from September to December and add one of th soccer channels?
Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

To be honest NFL RedZone right now is taking up next to no bandwidth since its not broadcasting anything. Only when the channel is actually "on" for its whole seven hours a week during the season is the bandwidth needed.

Contributor

A lot of the focus has been on Comcast (for obvious reasons), but it does take 2 to tango. Anyone have any insights as to the Fox perspective on this? Perhpas Fox's contract demands are not reasonable?

It seems that we should get the official story from them straight so we can indeed determine where the bottleneck is. I would think Fox Sports would have a major vested interest here as well. What are they doing to move this cause along (to help us)?

Finally, to Villafan, thats a great effort/post. I will make sure to tweet it along as well.

Regular Contributor
Dehoban

I emailed comcast several weeks ago, and got several "reasons" for why they don't have Fox Soccer and GolTV up in HD.

First, they stated the only a small minority of households have HD or HD capable televisions.

According to the electronics industry, more than 150,000,000 HD and HD capable televisions have een sold in the US in the last five years(not including the first 6 months of 2011). By my calculations, that's at least one HD TV for every two people in the country, so the "small minority" argument, doesn't hold much water.

Also, I was told that there is limited bandwidth. A valid argument, but but as we more than 100 channels that are broadcast in both HD and SD feeds, couldn't comcast have a set top converter that would down convert HD for the real minority which do no have HD, and better utilize the bandwidth?

Also, when I asked why the tennis channel is in HD, but no soccer, the response was, that the tennis Channel was probably offered to Comcast and no charge. Evidently, filling their bandwidth is more important than providing their customers with programming they want. I did explain that soccer is by far the most watched sport, in the world, and that the Gold Cup final, although broadcast on subscription tier and Hispanic channels, most of which comcast doesn't offer in HD, had higher viewership than Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals.

They just don't get it.

Also, why not make shopping channels a subscription tier? The folks that watch them
Will obviously pay for them!

Bronze Star Contributor

[ Edited ]

The number of HDTVs and the capacity excuses are just that in the year 2011.  Comcast has eliminated analog transmission in most markets, especially the large ones.   They have reclaimed a huge amount of their spectrum.  Digital and HDTVs are all you can buy since 2007.  There are hundreds of millions of them out there (I own 6 in my home).

Now...what they do with that spectrum is another strory.  They obviously are increasing Internet bandwidth and introducing channel bonding for both up and downstream, as well as making 50Mb and 105Mb packages available.   That's all good.    They have added many HD channels as well, but unfortunately, some in my opinion are questionable.  Do we need Home Shopping Network and QVC in HD?   Do we need other channels in HD that broadcast few HD programs?  

I subscribe to the MLB sports package and the NHL sports package, and they are stuck in SD world.  Same for the Soccer channel.  It's obvious that sports has not been the priority, while home shopping has been.  Guess there are more women running things at Comcast in positions of power. 

Regular Contributor
Hopslam

I would take the comment about the Bay area not getting FSC in HD in the next year with a grain of salt. The fact is know one at Comcast knows. Depending on who you talk to they will tell you something different. They will either speculate, say they don't know anything, or give you the company line of "we are always looking to expand our HD programming.".

Whatever that lady told you is most likely rubbish. That's not to say that it might actually be true. But I wouldn't trust what anyone from Comcast says at this point. I've been told so many lies over the last year and a half that I just don't believe what they say.
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

one slide that did not come out to well read "

from the EPLtalk.com site.

"I contacted Fox Soccer Channel last week to find out more information. According to Fox, Comcast has launched Fox Soccer Channel HD in Albuquerque, Philadelphia and Seattle. More regional markets will be added in the future but it’ll be at the discretion of Comcast." .... said a Fox Soccer Channel representative.

http://www.epltalk.com/fox-soccer-channel-hd-on-comcast-help-speed-up-the-rollout-32104

areas that have it - 

Spokane WA

Albuquerque

Philadelphia

Seattle

That suggests the bottle neck is with Comcast.

Also this wasnt just your regular customer support person.

Contributor

Wish Apple would enter the cable market and introduce proper sports package. Comcast will be sorry one day for completely ignoring "REAL FOOTBALL" fans in US. 

Regular Contributor
Hopslam

I live in the suburbs of Philadelphia and I don't have it in HD. Also, they haven't even rolled it out to the entire city of Philadelphia. It's only certain sections. Maybe none at all as far as I know because I don't know anyone who has it in the city.
New Visitor
roykeane

it is ridiculous - RIDICULOUS! - that we have to pay extra for HD, extra for FSC, but we don't get FSC in hi-def. Here are some reasons why:

1. they charge a premium for the channel...how can they not deliver the best possible signal for that premium?
  2. It's a channel that actually benefits from HD as much as any possible channel could
  3. it would be so easy to simply switch to the dish and get it. Cheaper as well.
  4. I have at least one home shopping channel in HD. HOME SHOPPING IN HD
  5. The very existence, and length, of this thread is the voice of the customer. Where is the response?

And companies like Comcast are shocked when they go under. Wake up

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

I have two shopping channels in HD. Pathetic. 

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Shopping Channels Pay (yes they pay) Comcast to air them

Visitor

Still waiting in Atlanta and I co-sign everyone's statements about Customer Service being non-informative.  This is getting to be a really bad joke and kind of unbelievable.  Like if we don't have it by now, we're never going to get it.

Let me just say I want GolTV in HD as bad as FSC HD.

Maybe those of us who can switch to satellite should vow to switch by August 13, start date of 11/12 EPL season.

Free NFL package now being offered by the competition which is not bad either for those who like NFL.

C'mon Comcast, you can make a lot of customers happy.  Just do it!

Contributor
natedogg1099

So here's the deal. I spoke with Comcast again yesterday and of course same old story. "We're always adding HD channels but we don't have a specific date for FSC. He actually said that the big push that they have been doing is the On Demand features of your local channels. ie- NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX etc. He said that's what people have really wanted so they can watch their tv shows like 3 and half men whenever they want. So dumb if you ask me. Anyway, I finally looked into everything and have decided to make the switch to Direct TV.  I'm getting the Choice Select package and then adding on the sports package for 12.99/month.

So my total package cost will be around 70 bucks. I will have have FSC in HD and GOLTV in HD. I cannot wait. They have pulled us around to much and "I'm mad as heck and I'm not going to take it anymore!" Good luck to you all and hopefully we shall meet again on the satellite side of things.

Bronze Star Contributor
Broni

By continuing their business the way they've been doing pretty soon, there will be no single soccer fan using Comcast.

I guess they don't care anyway.

Contributor
gsmith318

I've just about had it. If it hasn't already been mentioned, Comcast rolled out FSC HD in Albequerque, Philly, and Seattle. I live in the Chicago suburbs - no FSC HD yet. Chicago has the largest Polish population outside of Warsaw - arguably a group that probably likes to watch soccer, yet Seattle got it. Nevermind our huge hispanic community. Nevermind the massive amount of worldwide citizens that live here that are huge soccer fans.

To begin with, I moved from somewhere that had U-Verse and the video and hardware quality was better and # of HD channels was significantly higher (but Comcast has more on demand - which I could care less about), but thanks to the ole utility monopoly, my only non-satellite choice is Comcast. So I'm already going from a Cadillac to a Geo Metro. Then the straw that broke the camels back for me occured - The Gold Cup this past summer on FSC HD.

Here was my dilemma - I had two options. I could pay $7.99/mo and get FSC on the non-HD sports tier OR I could watch all the Gold Cup games in Spanish on the basic tier for free in HD. How beyond pathetic is it that I can watch the games for free in HD, but only in spanish, yet can only watch the games in English in standard definition for $7.99 a month. We are still in America right ? (no disrespect to the Spanish speaking folk - English is still spoken by a majority of Americans, for now). Not sure if Comcast is aware, but once you have an HD tv, standard definition shows are depressing. Hence the reason I go to many of the numerous soccer bars in Chicago that have DirecTV. As I said, that was the straw that broke the camels back, DirecTV here I come.

Comcast, you've got until the EPL season starts in August/September. Beyond that and I'm switching to DirecTV. I don't want to, but I don't need all the on demand programming, I don't need two shopping channels in HD, just FSC in HD. Not trying to be mean, but frankly, I don't know what else I can do to get someone's attention at Comcast. Two years ago, when I did have U-Verse, I contacted Comcast and said that if Comcast picked up FSC HD, I would switch in a heart beat. So I've been trying and pulling for FSC in HD on Comcast for two years - how long must I wait? A customer can only hold out for so long prior to switching.

New Visitor

Hey Pete (pflavell),

Whereabouts in Michigan are you located?  I am a Villa fan as well, living in Detroit (Birmingham).  

Wanted to start up a Detroit/Michigan based branch of the "Lions Club" (official supporters club), but don't know any fellow Michigan based Villa fans.  Never thought the Comcast forums would be the place!  

It would be nice to connect with some other Villa fans around here, so hit me up if you like.

Also..I've reached my limit on the FSCHD thing; going to DirecTV b/f the season starts.

- Aaron

Recognized Contributor
little_devil

The above post was #69

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

Looks like The Consumerist has picked up on that infamous YouTube video of that phone call:

http://consumerist.com/2011/07/audio-fan-begs-comcast-executive-customer-relations-for-fox-soccer-hd...

Typical expected comments posted by Consumerist members about vuvuzelas, diving, etc. 

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

#71 (sorry to double post)

http://www.epltalk.com/soccer-fan-stands-up-against-comcast-in-quest-to-get-fox-soccer-channel-in-hd...

Its made EPL Talk as well.

COMCAST ARE YOU LISTENING NOW???

The simple fact that this is now on the front page of The Consumerist should tell you something. WAKE UP! WE WANT FOX SOCCER HD AND WE WANT IT NOW! 

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Looks like i am famous :smileycool:

Regular Contributor
Hopslam

I post that there have been 5,000 views, 300 posts, and 7 pages on this topic and it gets deleted. Why? Why does Comcast keep ignoring this topic? It's by FAR the biggest topic on this obviously pointless support forum.

If this gets deleted. You won't have until August 1st.

Regular Contributor

#75.

did they delete your number 73 post?

Regular Contributor
Hopslam

Yes. They also deleted 4 other messages of mine. Notice they didnt delete #74 after what I said.
Cable Expert
JayInAlg

The messages are being deleted for violating the forum guidelines.

troll.JPG

Contributor
jafo1972

[ Edited ]

I have no other choice as I live in a condo here in Chicago and Comcast is the only choice available. Gotta love monopolies in the 21st century.

Contributor
jafo1972

[ Edited ]

Sir, do you work for Comcast?

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

Any Comcast employee will have their username in red. 

Regular Contributor
Hopslam

instead of deleting messages how about fowarding them to your superiors or someone that matters?
Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

To be honest I can understand deleting messages if they are violating forum rules. But at least something should be PMed privately to said user who violated the rule to let them know why it was deleted. 

Bronze Star Contributor
Broni

"The messages are being deleted for violating the forum guidelines."

Who are you?

Obviously not a Comcast employee, so it's not up to you to decide who did and who didn't break some forum rules.

If you don't have anything interesting to say on this topic SUBJECT don't post.

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

All it takes is to "report" the post. Any member can "report" a post for that matter. Honestly I have no idea what was posted that got deleted so I can't comment on if it was valid to be deleted. 

Regular Contributor
brian_ashley

Well I made the switch today. I'll keep the internet but I've been more than patient waiting for FSC and GolTV to be broadcast in HD. Now I'll be getting both channels in HD for less per month than the Premium package I had to pay Comcast for in order to see those channels in SD. I'm still scratching my head as
to why it's taken so long for Comcast to catch up to satellite. Well it's no longer my concern. Good luck to the rest of you guys.
Recognized Contributor
little_devil

The post above is #84

Contributor
natedogg1099

Alright peeps, check this out. So I called Comcast again last night to tell them that I am going to make the switch to Direct Tv because they have FSC HD and GOL TV HD. I told them unless they can give me a time frame of when they would be adding these channels I will be switching. The CSR of course said blah blah blah I don't know. I then got transferred to a "supervisor" and I use the term "supervisor" very loosely, she told me the same "We're always adding HD channels to the line up but not sure when FSC HD or GOL TV. She then offered to give me the movie package which includes HBO, Starz, Cinemax, and Showtime free for 6 months and then $5 dollars a month each after that. I said I would take her offer now and think about it. I have about 2 weeks until Direct TV gets installed so will see. I'm still 95% sure I'm going to switch but def something to think about. If they could only just give us a time frame! All I want is FSC in HD!

New Visitor
ideogon

[ Edited ]

I just added the "Sports Entertainment Package" to my account in Arlington, VA *JUST BECAUSE* I want to view Fox Soccer Channel and GolTV in HD.

Even during the checkout process on the phone, the Comcast agent reassured me that the package I was adding is in HD. What a joke! As I surfed through my new channels, I was disgusted to find that *ALL* of my new channels are *NOT* in HD. And even worse, the picture quality is *TERRIBLE*, even for SD!

I am very likely to cancel this service addition before the 30-day trial period ends. Such terrible picture quality makes this service not even worth the promotional $4.95/mo. fee! Furthermore, I'm even more motivated than I was before to look into an alternate television provider once my current contract ends, which is right around the corner!

Comcast, if you're listening and want to keep me as a customer, then you will *ADD BOTH GOLTV AND FOX SOCCER CHANNEL IN HD* to my lineup!

Bronze Star Contributor
Broni

The above is #86.

New Visitor
Soccer_HD

I need Fox Soccer and Gol TV in HD.  For the love of God, please give it to me!

Regular Contributor
brian_ashley

Believe or not, I'm just interested to see what's been cut off at the edge of the screen. I've missed so many things. Not to mention the half of a news anchor I can only see when Skysports runs its daily news show. 2 days to HD soccer with satellite woot woot.
Recognized Contributor
little_devil

the above post was #89

Contributor
jafo1972

I just received my August bill and there's a notification that GolTV HD will be added to the Chicago market on Channel 332 effective August 24. I hope FSC HD follows soon after.