Contributor

Fox Sports South HD

I know this isnt Comcast fault, but wanted to know if anyone else was having issues with Fox Sports South HD?

The SD channel comes in just not the HD, when you turn to the HD channel it says Off Air?? What gives?

Is only select games in HD?

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: Fox Sports South HD

I can't see the channel, but it may really be off the air.  I would think the programming would be the same for both, since an HD channel can carry SD material.  If it were just a weak signal there wouldn't be anything saying "Off Air".
Contributor

yeh so thats how I knows its not Comcast, I emailed Fox Sports but dont expect a response today. They keep saying its being boroadcast in HD where avail, and we have the channel.

Its a confrence game Wildcats at Gamecocks so don't see why its not being broadcast in HD.

Contributor

I, too, am having problems receiving Fox Sports HD materialMy program guide indicates it is "off-air", and if I switch to the channel, a "Not Authorized" notification appears on the TV screen (I do receive the SD version of the broadcast on a different channel number).  Prior to today, I've had no problems receiving the HD channel

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Call 1-800-COMCAST and ask about it.  Not Authorized would indicate a problem with the cable box access, rather than the network.
Contributor

I was never getting Not Authorized like the other poster, just the multi color bars indicating off air.

Oh well had to settle for SD, was still nice to see Carolina beat Kentucky! Now if we can just be Alabama.... (have a better chance to win the lotto lol) I love my team but they are good