Contributor
poulbrix

Re: Fuel TV and the UFC?

I just talked to an extremely rude Rep from Comcast, who said that they have no plans to add Fuel TV in the greater Seattle area.

Time to change to Direct TV

New Visitor
youkay

I've just switched to comcast from Fios, had I known comcast didn't have fuel i wouldn't have. I'll be switching back shortly if this isn't addressed. already missed 13 days of premium UFC content, not going to miss much more before I go back to frontier fios.

Contributor
CTBlo

From the looks of this, where no comcast personel has even comented on this forum, I am not sure if we are getting Fuel. I am starting to lose hope here. 

Contributor
randallman

Yeah, so now I see that even this Friday's F/X event will have its prelims on Fuel.

I'm calling VZ this week. I'm sure they'll be eager to get my $...
New Visitor
njsean33

we need fuel tv ASAP!!!! lots of ufc programming on it...

Contributor
H8C0MCAST

no plans in the philly area either...Already called Direct tv.  Have my install this Thursday!! Good bye Comcast....PHone internet and tv

Regular Contributor
Fwagner9

I just called Comcast and informed them I will be switching service shortly if Fuel TV is not added, and there will be many others doing the same in the next few months. It's a hassle, but for what they charge and the hundreds of channels of pure garbage, there should be no reason they can't offer Fuel.
Contributor

I wonder how many people will use their Comcast internet to find and watch illegal online streams of Fuel events and programming that they can't watch on Comcast cable.

oh, the irony... :smileylaugh:

Contributor
CTBlo

I can not believe it is fight week and there is still no Fuel TV. :smileyangry:

New Visitor
suttoncd

Officially signed up for DirectTV yesterday.  Choice Xtra package is on special for $39.99.  I am paying $7 extra for DVR, but I get a $10 referral credit as well as another $10 credit for letting the bill be directly charged to my credit card.  Showtime will be $12 extra after 3 months.  I'm basically looking at a $26.99 bill plus taxes and other fees for the first 3 months and then $38.99 after that for the next 21 months.  It's a 2 year contract.  Later Comcast.

New Visitor
bortoldr

I too would love to see Fuel TV added to my lineup in Livermore, CA. Do it already Comcast!!!!

New Visitor
dancurrie84

I get golf. I get motocross. I get foriegn films. I get 8 channels of cartoons. Yet I can't get my ufc coverage. Are you for real. I have options comcast and alot of those options include fuel tv and all the ufc coverage that is going to be coming with it. If I were yous, I think i would get fuel tv in your packages before the ufc community packs up and hits fios or dish services.

New Visitor
ronnie554433

please i need a favor i really love UFC plase im waiting so long for this please add FUEL TV channel

New Visitor

Add Fuel to permit viewing of UFC content or this will be final straw before exiting to DirectTV.  The other straw being that I must pay extra for the tennis channel when you already have your own golf channel as part of the free tier.  Not too mention that the tennis channel is not available in HD in my viewing area.

Regular Contributor
Fwagner9

With FUEL TV contracts stunting growth, UFC boss advises switch to DirecTV http://mmajunkie.com/news/27025/with-fuel-tv-contracts-stunting-growth-ufc-boss-advises-switch-to-di...

Sent from my Samsung Epic™ 4G
Contributor
kurleedaddee

I just saw a Fuel TV commercial on the History Channel last night. What is that all about? Are you teasing us Comcast? Or are you thinking about adding this station?

So close to switching to satelitte. 

New Visitor
AndyMS1

I love how Dana is finally telling us what is really going on but not one Comcast employee has told us anything legitimate.  The last one I talked to on the phone told me it is showing up in th line up for my area which means it should be here soon.  Obviously that was a load of bs.  

New Visitor
themantis

I'm a technician for Comcast and I'm also begging for Fuel TV.

Contributor
poulbrix

Guys, comcast is not getting Fuel TV, because they don't care about their customers. Period.

My cable bill is between $300 and $400 each month. If comcast does not have Fuel TV by Feb 15, I am switching to DirectTV.

New Visitor
fusion13

Yes I agree with everyone here. I would like to have Fuel TV in Livingston County here in MI asap or I am also switching to DirectTV. I am paying way to much for Comcast to deal with this inconvenience

Contributor
poulbrix

UFC fans, right now for $83.99 per month Direct TV offers you a complete package with HBO, Showtime, Starz, Cinemax, and best of all Fuel TV in HD.

Comcast don't care about their customers.

Contributor
LuluXD

I'm switching over to Directv. Comcast was horrible with my issue to and Directv responded to my questions WITHIN MINUTES I'm already loving their customer service and there choice xtra package is too much of a good deal to pass off.

If you're a fight fan whether it'd be boxing, or UFC I suggest going over to Directv. 

Contributor
kurleedaddee

I am already on my way to switching over to Direct TV. I talked to an agent yesterday and the package I want includes Fuel TV, HD Net and MTV 2 all for no additional cost. Just what an MMA fan would want.

Comcast dropped the ball on this and that's for REAL.

New Visitor
copter005

I need fuel tv in Albany, CA. If I don't get it by next month, I will switch providers.All other providers including ATT Uverse carries it. MMA is pretty much the reason I have cable in the first place.

New Visitor
suttoncd

The rumor is that contracts with Fox don't expire for quite a bit of time.  It's out of Comcast's hands right now unless some other sort of negotiation can take place.  I officially had DirectTV installed yesterday.

It will end up being cheaper for me for a while, cost the same for a while, and then be more expensive.  I don't like that DirectTV is a two year contract, but I had to do what I had to do.  I'd have preferred to kept Comcast, but those waiting for FuelTV to be added may be waiting way too long.  You will be missing a lot of UFC content.

Contributor
poulbrix

Upcoming Contract Renewals UFC/Fuel TV

It is time that comcast start communicating with their customers.

On the following link http://xfinity.comcast.net/learn/programming/ it says that Fuel TV is up for contract renewal in January.

This coming Feb. 15 is the first UFC fight on Fuel TV. Comcast is about to lose thousands of customers, so please let us know what is going on.

Thank you

Contributor
Willy_D

Re: Upcoming Contract Renewals UFC/Fuel TV

This may have been the most useful post so far. Thanks.

Regular Contributor
Fwagner9

Pardon my ignorance on the subject of network contracts, but does it that mean FUEL TV is currently under contract with Comcast if the contract is up for renewal in January? If this is the case, I don't understand why FUEL is not available right now. Please explain. Dana White is saying that FUEL will not be up for contract renewals with Comcast or others until late 2012.
New Visitor
rjcorcuera

Stil hoping this changes soon or a switch to Direct TV or Dish Network will be in order

New Visitor
stugelwahoo

Count me in on wanting Comcast to carry UFC/FuelTV.  I am shocked it is not on there.  I assume that's where all the prelims have been shown since they switched from SPIKE eh?

Contributor
CTBlo

Poulbrix....Thank you for posting that link. That is extremely helpful. I am just shocked that nobody from Comcast has replied with any informaiton. I have been seriously been looking at DirectTV this past week, but if this happens, then I may postpone the switch until I have more time to compare prices and options. 

We are missing lots of fights and shows on Fuel. 

Contributor
Willy_D

"Poulbrix....Thank you for posting that link. That is extremely helpful. I am just shocked that nobody from Comcast has replied with any informaiton. I have been seriously been looking at DirectTV this past week, but if this happens, then I may postpone the switch until I have more time to compare prices and options.

We are missing lots of fights and shows on Fuel."

I agree this link did help. It's pretty much stating that this month (January) Fuel TV's contract is up, and that they will attempt to renew the contract as they do with all channels. Hopefully it is something that once a contract is agreed to, that it will not take long for it to go through and we can start enjoying FUEL TV and all of the prelim fights in early February, as well as Ellenberger vs Sanchez in a few weeks here.

New Visitor
youkay

I just spoke with a rep on the phone, here's the deal:

a global email to the phone reps went out last week regarding fuel TV. apparently comcast have been innudated with requests to add the channel, the best way to get fuel added is to call 1-800 xfinity, through the options, select add/remove service, speak to the rep and ask for fuel tv

They have a special form, for fuel requests that are being sent directly to the media buying department, fuel is a hot topic, the more we can do this, the faster they will get this taken care of.

Regular Contributor
Fwagner9

Thanks youkay. I did this a couple weeks ago, but it couldn't hurt to do it again.
Regular Contributor
Hecbori787

I love Fuel; however, after doing some investigation, unfortunately I found that VERY FEW Comcast systems currently carry FUEL. 

New Visitor
RussMMA

Why no fuel channel

Why does comcast not offer fuel, they have all of the other fox channels, I will be switching to direct TV if comcast does not add fuel soon. ufc is the fastest growing sports brand in the world and fuel is going to be their channel of choice. Please comcast let us know why we cannot get this channel.

New Visitor
rjcorcuera

Guess most of us will miss the first UFC FuelTV card on Feb 15:smileysad:  

Time to start looking elsewhere.

Contributor

I sent one email regarding this and will do so again.

Bottom line, and I hope that some Comcast reps are reading this, is that I am a HUGE UFC fan and if, at some point in 2012, Comcast in the Twin Cities does not pick up Fuel, I will be leaving Comcast and will head to Direct TV or some other option.

I have full HD service that includes HBO, Showtime and Encore, I spend a lot of money and am willing to spend a few more bucks a month to get Fuel. But I will walk away and Comcast will lose over $200 a month in business.

MMA is my #1 sport and I will vote with my wallet.

Contributor
Willy_D

I as well already called and requested to a Comcast rep to get FUELTV. Hopefully it happens. Although they could put a rush on this so we can watch Ellenberger vs Sanchez as listed above. Come on Comcast hurry!

New Visitor
racenut08

I just told them I was leaving. They offered a $10 credit for 6 months to offset the $9.99 multi latino package so I can watch ufc fuel content on Fox Deportes. It is better than nothing.They also said that the negotiations are in progress. Hopefully it will be quick. 

Contributor
randallman

And of course we're going to miss the prelims to ufc on fox tonight.... does deportes show the entire prelims? I could watch in espanol and just ignore the announcers :smileyhappy:
New Visitor
Jaysleazy

Still no Fuel here in Clayton, CA.  Ill be shopping around so Ill have it in time for the next UFC event.

New Visitor
samvan4u

not sure if anybody mentioned it yet but the fights are on channel 602 here in Vallejo it is in spanish though FOXDE!

New Visitor
BradJensen

It's on 782 FOX DEPORTES here in Seattle...although I just tried adding this channel, it's part of the 'MultiLatino' package which they want $16.95 per month for PLUS a $7 per month 'equipment code' charge, which the support tech was not able to tell me what that extra charge is for.  WHAT A RACKET

New Visitor
dublbagn

My FOX deportes is blacked out....come on comcast.  I litterally have EVERY CHANNEL not including nudies, and you black out the one thing I want to watch right now....

anyone in SE Michigan have Fuel TV channel number, am I missing just not seeing it or do we not get it?

New Visitor
warthogsting

Is FUEL TV available or will it be soon?

Visitor
nycmarty

I will go with FIOS if Comcast does not add Fuel TV !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Visitor
rjcorcuera

Interestingly enough, the Comcast Rep I spoke to had no knowledge of upcoming contract renewals for channels like FuelTV.

I'll be making the switch to DishNetwork soon (only other provider that offers FuelTV in my apartment building)

I'll be able to get the programming I want in HD for half the price that Comcast charges.

Visitor
MariaS4739

FUELTV

[ Edited ]

FUELTV is featured on the OnDemand feature but the UFC stuff is not available.  When will it be featured?  I actually want FUELTV as it's own channel for the UFC material.  

I notice now from reading this topic that I am not the only one who wants this channel and thus Comcast refuses to listen to any of us and get it.  How would Comcast like it if every one of us cancelled our bill with them and got another cable company to furnish our programming?  Comcast charges way too much for the stuff they furnish which probably 50% of I don't even watch yet they can't get FUELTV.  What is up with that?  How about doing a survey asking which channels people would like to add to their channel lineup and which ones they would not mind deleting?    

Contributor
CTBlo

Re: FUELTV

Me too.....I also noticed that I now have Fuel TV on demand. HOORAY!!!  And they have several UFC shows. A step on the right direction. However, I still do not see the channel. Has anyone gotten it yet?