Contributor
Willy_D

Re: UFC on FUEL TV & COMCAST Lies!

They have it in some States and/or Cities...why the heck not just have it in the entire USA? I'm watching the event right now (UFC on FUEL), streaming it on my desktop PC which is hooked up to my 46" LCD...better than nothing I guess, although I would much rather watch it in true HD through my Comcast DVR cable box. And the same automated response above from Larry is darn near exactly the same as the ones I get when I call in. Heck I called about 6 months ago and asked a chick about HDNET...she never even heard of it. Maybe hire a few people that have SOME knowledge of current programming instead of random people that happen to fill out an application that they can hire for $8.00 an hour and give a cheat sheet to for questions that customers have (If they ask this, respond with is). Boooooooooooooooooooooo.

New Visitor
rjbrady04

I am a Comcast subscriber in western CT - is there any plan for Comcast picking up the Fuel TV channel that now carries a great deal of UFC programing?  

Anyone know?

Recognized Contributor
JamesJJK

Re: Fuel TV

[ Edited ]

This says it all...

At least I have 3 different options to pick from...

Contributor
DB_fuelTV

Re: Fuel TV and the UFC?

The only way to get Comcast to add Fuel TV is for tens of thousands of people to contact Comcast & request it & politely threaten to leave Comcast if they don't add the channel.

The contact person at the top of the ladder is the VP of Content Acquisition…                                      Greg Rigdon-Comcast Cable                                                                                                                     1016 16th St . NW 

Washington DC 20036-5702

Other contacts, like Program Directors, can be found websites like…             

www..comcast.com (at bottom, under “about us” click on “corporate info).

www.leadershipdirectories.com                                                             

www.jigsaw.com at the top, in the search bar, type in “comcast program directors”  

If anyone finds the phone #’s to good contacts, come back to this site & POST THEM!

Until then, write to them, email them, find phone yourself & call ! 

Less effective, but still worth it, please do the following

Call Comcast & ask for the local phone # that is dedicated to taking channel requests. When you call the "Request Channel phone #", you will be prompted to leave a message. Leave a polite but firm message that you are going to switch to a satellite provider if they don't add Fuel TV very soon.

In Atlanta, the “Request Channel phone #", is 770-559-7680.

Also, I contacted UFC to let them know I am outraged that they left us loyal fans out in the cold by awarding the cable contract to a channel that is not received by most of their fans ! Even worse, UFC did not give us advanced warning so we could demand that Comcast add Fuel TV before the fact. What UFC did is low & dirty.

IT IS NOT ENOUGH FOR YOU TO TAKE THE ABOVE STEPS  ALONE !

YOU MUST URGE MANY OTHERS TO DO THE SAME THING !!!

GET ON FORUMS, CONTACT LOCAL MMA STUDIOS, ETC.. SPREAD THE WORD !!!

New Visitor
Camryg_2010

I just called 1-800-Comcast to request the Fuel TV channel.

They told me I could put in a request, but they only check the requests once every year.

They also said in my area they don't check the requests until July or August.

How can they really have no concern about losing all this money?

Looks like we will be switching to DirectTV.

New Visitor
SARS32

[ Edited ]

Well, that's a wrap! Just signed up for Directv, thery're coming to hook their stuff up early next week. Returning my boxes tomorrow. I was questioning the move anyways, but the Fueltv thing clinched it. Later Comcast . By the way, if you have AAA, you get $10 off each month for your first year with Directv. Also, they have really good deals going on now and of course have FUEL. Might be something you guys should seriously consider. Looks like I'll be paying less monthly anyways. Good luck to you guys! (Not to Comcast, you guys blow)

Visitor

This is strike 2 for Comcast with me! First all th HD PPV's I get to watch UFC always has pixelation issues every few min!! VERY annoying to know I'm spending $60 to watch a scrambled signal during a fast paced fight! And now they're dragging their feet to add the Fuel ch?? I'm really about to drop these people!

Contributor
CTBlo

I cant believe we are at fight week again and there is still no fuel tv

Regular Contributor
Fwagner9

Luckily I have FX for Friday's event, but really no excuse why Comcast shouldn't have FUEL by now.
New Visitor
TDofthe801

I was actually really disappointed to see how high the ratings were for the first event. This really gives Fox or the UFC no motive to weigh more leverage on Comcast to get on board. I live in a snowy desert so I’m not switching to a dish until the weather changes if at all. A friend told me that according to the contract that’s in place now they can’t even start negotiations until September. Whether or not this is true though I think that would have us missing out on TUF Brazil.

New Visitor

No PPV's from this address until we get Fuel TV.

Regular Contributor
Fwagner9

^ big props to you... you're a stronger man than I. I think if everybody did this though, Comcast would start listening.
New Visitor

Comcast is hopeless your best bet is to just switch over to Verizon or Direct TV. I know (for me) Verizon FIOS triple play package is a lot cheaper than Comcast and is a better service. Bye.

Recognized Contributor
JamesJJK

Let the next Comcast FAIL clock begin...

The next UFC event "Gustafsson vs Silva" on Saturday, April 14 is on...you guessed it...FUEL TV!

Not to even mention all the other great UFC programming that's on FUEL TV every day!

It's un-freaking-believable the MEGA cable company that is Comcast is basically the ONLY provider to NOT carry this channel...

Contributor
CTBlo

Ok so there is another Fuel TV fight coming up and no word yet. I also looked at the upcoming contracts for March, and again Fuel is on the block. It was just on Feb, I believe, that the contract was up as well. What is going on? Are we getting Fuel or not. 

http://xfinity.comcast.net/learn/programming/

Contributor
whittykrw

[ Edited ]

This is beyond frustrating!!!! Whats the deal Comcast?????Better than Dish? I guess i'll have to find out!

New Visitor
blazed21

[ Edited ]

Bump for an updated response that hopefully doesnt contain the phrase "No ETA".

Bronze Star Contributor
JMiller1985

I wish i had news, but the last time i requested this channel i was given the run around.... they said they would pass on the message but who knows where that will go..... ive tired plenty of times trying to get any attention to any HD programming, letalone a new network besides a disney network....which they had to add... keep calling folks... i wish my concept was acceptable because maybe that would work...check my older posts...bring that one to life and include this channel with your request....i cant say much more.

New Visitor
Jaysleazy

Only 3 more months on my contract at least.

Bronze Star Contributor
JMiller1985

i still have over a year.... but i may pay to cancel my contract if things arent done to update things

Contributor
CTBlo

Fight week and still no fuel tv or no update from Comcast on the situation. :smileyangry:

Contributor
aholbert32

Well I'm moving to a building with Verizon this summer so I wont have to worry about this soon. Shame that Comcast refuses to even respond to this issue.

New Visitor
Dabois09

Unbeleiveable, I just missed the fights thanks to Comcast.  We pay over $190 a month for Phone/TV/Internet and still no Fuel.

New Visitor
Tpapetti

Get Fuel TV

Please add on Fuel TV. You are going to lose viewers who want to watch the UFC events if it is not added.
Regular Contributor
Fwagner9

Wake up Comcast, you fools. Direct TV is offering another free preview. Hmm, maybe they know how big this channel is going to get... and yes, people will be jumping ship to get their UFC fix.
Contributor

Channel Request

So I just spent an hour on Comcast Live Help.  I am trying to request comcast carry Fuel TV.   Every other cable provider and satellite company in my area carries Fuel Tv.  So I went on the live chat to request the channe like comcast's website says.

Here is part of my conversation

Me: I am formally requesting that Comcast carries FuelTV

Comcast Rep: I'm sorry , but I'm not able to process your request at this time, whenever "Fuel TV" is ready to launch we are going to let our customers know,
Me:  isn't that the point of a request ? 

Comcast Rep: but unfortunately that channel is not available in your area yet
Me:  I know that is why I requesting it

Comcast Rep: but you can't request it

Recognized Contributor
JamesJJK

Re: Channel Request

[ Edited ]

Upcoming UFC Event

Just to let all you fellow paying Comcast customers know, the next UFC event will be 'Korean Zombie vs. Poirier' on Tuesday, May 15 @ 8PM, LIVE on FUEL TV...

Contributor
digthisbigcrux

another Comcast customer who is about to go back to DirecTV....get it together, Comcast!

New Visitor
chelseydirks

No fuel TV here in Chicago area.

still Comcast seems to be ignoring the issue. and I even work for them in sales, it's very frustrating to keep losing customers and get no answers. Clearly it is a channel that must be had along with HDNET and Comcast doesnt care to lose customers over it nor will they give anyone clear answers and I dont get it.

We would love to have it here in Chicago as well, I feel your pain. My wallet is lighter becasue Comcast wont react to this need.

New Visitor
Delbertdavis

Please add Fuel TV to comcast service in Gresham, OR. Really like seeing my UFC.

Contributor
MakanaRoyal

What I just did is ordered "Fox De Portes" packeage for $10 a month becuase they play all LIVE FUEL UFC's. So I basically tell myself it's a cheap PPV every month for a top notch fight cards by the UFC. Haven't missed a UFC for 8yrs till they went to full. But I found this costly loophole, & it's not even in HD. But at least I'm not missing the fights. Oh, & it is in Spanish which I can't understand but still after all that, it doesn't matter cuz I really just need to not miss anymore fights by any means nessisary ya know? Anyotherways check me out @MakanaRoyal
New Visitor
FightFanSeattle

C'mon Comcast!

Please hook this up!

Even Broadstripe offer Fuel Tv! 

I'm paying for the full sports package, but all i really want is MMA/fight sports. With so many UFC fight cards broadcast free on Fuel TV this channel is a MUST HAVE for me! 

If Fuel TV isn't offered by the time my present contract ends, rest assured you will lose my patronage. 

New Visitor
Allegory

Another misssed UFC on Fuel.  I really like Comcast as a provider but this is going to be a dealbreaker soon.  Comcast!  Add Fuel TV! 

New Visitor
1031keith

What is the problem with getting Fuel TV we have been faithful customers even though we can get the same with more coverage for less $.  Please let me know why and if you are going to get this?
Regular Contributor
KokomoOgre

I can't believe we are still waiting on Fuel TV.  I appreciate ESPN Deportes being added to Digital Preferred, but why not add FOX Deportes since at least they offer all of the Fuel TV shows (though be it in Spanish).  I really want Fight Now TV, Blackbelt TV and MavTV for the MMA and combat sports but I'm not holding my breath if we can't even get Fuel TV.

Visitor

When can we get fuel tv in delaware? it's killing me missing all of the ufc content.we have fuel tv on demand so why cant we have the channel? come on!!!

Contributor
randallman

FIOS, Direct TV, Dish Networks...

Pretty much anywhere but Comcast.

--Your fellow Disgruntled Delawarian

Contributor
randallman

Is there an elephant in the room that needs to be talked about?

Comcast + NBC... Why would they want to get a FOX sports channel when they already have Comcast Sports Net and the other NBC sports networks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBC_Sports

New Visitor
seahawks-fan

when is comcast going to get fuel tv, been patiently waiting and huge ufc fan. hate driving to friends houses all the time.

Contributor
CTBlo

Another fight card on fuel tv next week and all we have for fuel tv is the stuff on demand. But where is the channel? When is fuel tv coming? Is there any update on this? 

New Visitor
Anku24

i wondering the same thing :smileysad:

Visitor

Seriously considering switching over to DirecTV, no FuelTV and cannot even get HD PPV channels in my area. Had to order the last PPV on my Xbox to get it in HD.

Get it together Comcast, going to lose a lot of UFC fans.

Contributor
kurleedaddee

Bye bye Comcast. Just ordered DirecTV. This was the straw that broke the camel's back. 

I now get Fuel TV, HDNet and MTV2 for no additional charge.

Can't wait to sit back an relax and watch MMA without having to find it on a stream.

Good riddance.

New Visitor
snplm21

Can you guys please add Fuel TV because I love Comcast and I don't want to change providers.

New Visitor
snplm21

Fuel TV and the UFC?

Can you guys please add Fuel TV because I love Comcast and I don't want to change providers.

New Visitor
snplm21

Fuel TV and the UFC?

Can you guys at Comcast please add Fuel TV to the line-up, because I do not want to change providers.

Recognized Contributor
JamesJJK

Upcoming UFC Event

Just to let all you fellow paying Comcast customers know, the next UFC event will be 'Munoz vs Weidman' on Wednesday, July 11 @ 8PM/5PM, LIVE on FUEL TV...

You'll be able to watch FUEL TV at your friend's/family's/neighbor's who have DIRECTVDISH NetworkVerizon FiOS, or AT&T U-verse...

Regular Contributor
Hecbori787

Yeah I might have to switch to U-Verse since Comcast refuses to add FUEL TV.

Contributor
MakanaRoyal

Order "Fox De Portes" even tho I don't speak Spanish u can mute it & watch every single LIVE UFC FUEL Fight card ever. I got tired of missing 3 fuel cards after never missing one since 07 I saw in standard def that every UFC FUEL card was being shown live so I ordered it for an extra couple buck$ a month but worth a UFC fight card. In fact cheap compared to never missing a fight again :smileyhappy: peace, check me out on @MakanaRoyal
Contributor

Comcast is a joke i can get Fuel TV on DIRECTV, Verizon FiOS and DISH Network but not comcast why becasue they suck.