New Visitor

Getting Style Network

I have been watching the Style Network in Albuquerque for a long time.  On November 1, 2010, my favorite channel just disappeared from TV even though it still shows in the channel lineup.  No one I've talked to here in Albuquerque can get this channel.  Does anyone know if it was moved to another channel number? Comcast had said in it's letter that the we had until December 7 to get the gizmos for the digital migration.  Why would this one channel disappear more than a month before the deadline?  If anyone knows if it was just moved to another channel number I would sure like to know.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Re: Getting Style Network

The channel may have been moved to another tier. They did that with Style Channel in MN. Also the need for boxes is the Digital Migration for Comcast and after it is complete in all areas the only channels that will come through are generally Chs. 2-23 (plus extras depending on the service area). So if you have a service package above Limited Basic and no DTAs or Set Top Boxes on other tvs you will probably lose the ability to view those channels without the boxes. The DTAs are usually free for 2 tvs if you have Expanded Basic/Digital Starter.

You can also check out the channel lineups for your area by going to the blue PROGRAMMING box at the top of this page, select Channel Lineup, and enter your address location. It will show you the available channels by each level of service.