Visitor
tonygar

GolTV HD and FSC HD

hello,

GolTV has just launched their HD channel and it has been reported that DirecTV will offer both GolTV and Fox Soccer channel in HD starting this month (August 2010). When is Comcast planning on adding those channels to their HD lineup? Soon, I hope!

thanks.

New Visitor
mdan

Re: GolTV HD and FSC HD

I'm also very interested abou this subject, hopefully somebody from Comcast will give us some advice!

Contributor

I'm checking the forums to see about the same things, but, doesn't look like FSC HD is coming...

Visitor
tonygar

So much for Comcast's claim of "more HD channels than Satellite". Why hasn't someone from Comcast replied on this thread yet?

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

They haven't replied to any of the gazillion other threads about FSC HD so don't feel bad.

New Visitor
nuno0351

Also need both FSC and GolTV in HD. I pay extra for the soccer channels and extra for the HD, so why are they not available? Comcast?
New Visitor
b_h3

Seriously considering switching my service to direct tv so i can get these two channels in HD.  Its pretty much the only thing I watch on TV.  GET ON IT COMCAST!

Frequent Visitor

Ditto...we need both! Direct TV is looking good now.

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

That's the thing that Comcast doesn't realize is that the silent treatment they are giving us customers is only hurting them. Its like as if Comcast doesn't want us to remain their customers by not even telling us anything other than the usual "we can put in a request" and what not. What good is it to put in a "request" when no results happen.

Just a few days ago I was on the phone with a "supervisor" for over 20 minutes. She pretty much acted like Comcast was some small rinky dinky cable company. She constantly repeated over and over that Comcast "can't afford to add every channel because we don't have enough money" and what not... despite the fact that Comcast is the biggest cable company in America and makes billions in money every month.

Its frustrating in the end that all the demands we have made to Comcast to get FSC HD (along with GolTV HD and FSC+ HD) only in the end we get people who are clueless and act like our demands are not important at all. The silence on these forums about the issue from Comcast reps tells me more than I ever needed to know of what Comcast thinks of the soccer fanbase they are losing every day by not doing anything.

Visitor

Agree, they need both soccer channels in HD now, no in fact, yesterday.  

I too am thinking of going back to Direct TV.   I will have to cut a tree down (reason for switch in the first place), but well worth it for both soccer channels in HD.

I feel as though if a channel is offered in HD, Comcast should be jonny on the spot and add it the next day.   Stop fooling people with your "more HD" ads.   Think the FCC would not care for this misrepresentation of service.

Contributor
emarie7

Any updates Comcast? It's been 6 months!!! With all the junk that's available in HD, can the room be made for this? This is getting ridiculous. Some of those soccer standard telecasts are horrible.

Recognized Contributor

Comcast's official blog, "Comcast Voices", posted an entry yesterday touting its sports coverage. If ever there was an opportunity to voice displeasure over the lack of Fox Soccer Channel HD, this is it. Comcast personnel are generally pretty responsive to posts on the blog, especially if there are large numbers of posters. It may not yield immediate results, but it's a way of getting the point across that the people want FSC HD.

http://blog.comcast.com/2010/08/get-ready-for-some-football-on-your-tv-and-pc.html

Visitor

Thanks for the heads up on this.   I replied in kind. 

Getting sick of Comcast saying they are number 1 in HD, but yet not backing it up.

New Visitor
daviderb74

I called them , just yesterday and they told me the will analize this options, i Ask all you that are interested to request this Channels GolTvHD FoxSoccerChannel HD and ESPN Deportes HD in this link  https://secure.opinionlab.com/ccc01/comment_card.asp?width=1280&height=800&referer=http%3A//www.comc...

and also in their Facebook account http://www.facebook.com/xfinity

If you do that, the will call you the next DAy!!

New Visitor
afc10

Hi, my friends of COMCAST!! I would like to know when are you going to have GolTV HD,  I'm asking this because I like to watch soccer and honestly watching just the original channel is kind of boring. So if you broadcast GolTV HD soon, that'll be terrific!!

Contributor
zico325

just leave them like i did a year is way too long to wait my friend get dish or direct tv the only think i have with comcast is internet only and soon i will switch

New Visitor
GoldenCustomer

I also think that Comcast should add Fox soccer HD, Gol Tv HD and Fox soccer plus to their package. Basically they should add all soccer channels 

Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

Thank You
-Keisha-
New Visitor

Thanks for finally adding FSC HD, along with the BBC and Galavision.  Prior to this, Xfinity was the only provider with no soccer and no Spanish in HD.

I know I'm part of a smaller demand market but nevertheless we are a market.

Thanks again.  Look forward to seeing more in HD

New Visitor

Re: HD Latin Sports Channels

I agree.  In my market(Portland,OR), they just added Galavision.  Prior to this, Xfinity was the only provider with no Spanish in HD.

I'm pushing for Goltv the most but ESPN deportes would also be awesome.

Recognized Contributor

nothing new here oh well.

New Visitor
New Visitor
M81

Any update on when Gol TV HD will be available for Comcast users? Regular Gol TV quality is awful

New Visitor
lokoperu

Ok so is Xfinity the only provider without Gol TV in HD??? I think that insted of trying to buy the world you should pay more attention to your customers and what is it that they want. 

New Visitor
hvasquez

The only reason why I dont have TV with Comcast is because they don't have Soccer Channels in HD. Specially GolTV HD and FSCHD. Unfortunately I have to deal with the only provider who offer this channels ...DIRECTV !!  :smileysad:... Their Customer service takes advantage of what they can offer to treat the customer like garbage. It’s about time another TV Provider takes a look of the growing demand of soccer followers and makes this a fair and pleasant experience for all of us. At least on this geographic area S. Florida would be a deal breaker for a lot of unsatisfied DIRECTV users. Something to think about !!!.

Thanks

Visitor
siddig

Any update on when Comcast is getting GOL and FS HD in Santa Clara, CA ?

Visitor
siddig

Fox Soccer HD and Gol TV HD in Santa Clara CA

any ideas on when will this happen ?

New Visitor
Octarine

I'm a new subscriber and was severely disappointed t  find out that I cannot get FSC+ or FSC HD.  THank god I didn't sign a contract, I saw the AT&T trucks ten blocks west of me installing Uverse lines. As soon as they get here I'm done with this. It kind of sucks because honestly, the internet service is fast, but the cable prices are just insane.

New Visitor
soccer247

Any update when FSCHD and GolTVHD will be available in the Mass south shore area?

Visitor
siddig

Re: Fox Soccer HD and Gol TV HD in Santa Clara CA

I submitted a feedback email and recieved an email response within hours and also recieved a call the next day. they said they will forward the request to marketting team but that would depend among other things on the demand level from customer in the area

New Visitor
artemiomadrazo

I was checking Direct TV's website and apparently they do offer these services in Houston. I would love to see these services on Xfinity. Also ESPN Deportes and Fox Deportes, because frankly watching any game in standard definition is horrible. In fact I do not mind paying another fee if that is going to be bring us HD to these channels. I have 3 friends who already left to Direct TV and are paying less and have GOL TV on HD.

New Visitor
FlyBD5

GolTV and FSCHD are available now on my lineup, but my TIVO says they are not authorized. How do I modify my package to add these and the other spanish-language channels without losing any of the channels I have now?