Bronze Star Contributor

HD Channels not working

I have discovered that some of my HD channels are not working (zip code 33025). I call the number for the local Comcast Office only to get a recording that says this line is busy. This issue with the channels not working and the recording about the line being busy seems to happen quite frequently. What is going on?

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: HD Channels not working

[ Edited ]

What error message do you see on your screen?

Most likely you are having signal issues at your TV outlet, which can certainly affect only certain channels.

You should call the national Comcast number, most local offices no longer take calls directly.  1-800-266-2278

More  than likely they should send out a tech to check and repair your signal issue, which can be due to weather changes in many parts of the US.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

What is the model of your set top box?

Is this a recent occurance?

Thanks

Bronze Star Contributor

I've got several digital and HD channels that are out. When I called 1-800-Comcast, I had the automated system send a refresh signal, however, nothing happened. I have since called back twice and have had two refresh signals sent, and the service is still not restored. Apparently, I am going to have to wait until Thursday for a tech, assuming the service is not restored before then. Not too happy about having to wait two days to get the service restored.

The error message is: "One Moment, this channel should be available shortly. Ref code: S0a00."

The box is a DCX3400.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

[ Edited ]

You have signal problems and need a tech visit.  Most likely it is very close to your house with the drop cable and fittings.

No amounts of hits will fix it.

Bronze Star Contributor

Also just noticed that on some of the HD channels that are working, I have tiling going on.