New Visitor
hvance

HD Channels

The past week alot of the HD channels are saying not authorized. This includes Palladia, BBC America, VH1 among others.
Is there a reason why this is happening. Digital and HD are expensive and it would be nice to access all the channels.
Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: HD Channels

Hello,

Call Comcast and ask them to send a signal to your box to reauthorize your channels. They should also check if your account codes show hd.

New Visitor
Jlinday

We are trying set up aTivo. After 3 weeks, numerous calls to Comcast, and a one and half hour on site service call we get basic service with HD for broadcast channels. From our channel 100 through 350 and the music channels we are denied access to164 channels including premiums that we are paying for. Is this aproblem with the second famous M Card we have tried?

New Visitor
TraceyThompson

Problems:
1.  Why I had to pay and for someone to come to my home just for the NEW HD Cable Box.(Easy Set Up)
2.  1 of the HD boxes I recieve can only watch local station. Customer service keep RESETING still not work.
3.  Both Boxes keep having Functional problem like loading recorded programs.
4.  The HD Remote Volume dont even work on Cable Box or Tv. Both HD boxes never work with HD Remote.
5.  You cant even change the color of the Menu.Its only in Dark Grey and White.
6.  You have No Choice if you DONT WANT a SCREEN SAVER.
7.  I have had these HD Boxes so far for 3 months. I lost most of my Recording. Damm I HATE THAT.

Now im on here trying to CHAT to Customer Service On-line.Why clicking on Chat dont work and that How I got here. Im trying to get Customer Service to RESET or what ever they gots to do to FIX one of the HD Boxes that I never watched an HD Show/Program On. Can you Believe that. Never can since I got it and I was charged just to order this HD Box. WISH ME LUCK because I really Do Love watcing my Movies in HD.

Contributor
bcfrmkc

reasd wrote:

Hello,

Call Comcast and ask them to send a signal to your box to reauthorize your channels. They should also check if your account codes show hd.

I have had the tech shoot a signal and still one or two channels I watch often in HD are just blank screens. But strangely after I had set up for a tech to come out to the house about half an hour after the channels came in fine and did so all thru today 4/9 I had called and set up the appointment on 4/4 so when they called yesterday to confirm appointment for today I quit getting those two HD channels again.

New Visitor
lammingb

how do i get cc. of the set.  i have talked to5

5 of yor people and i still have it

Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

[ Edited ]

Jlinday: Have you called the cablecard support number?

877-405-2298

You should also start your own thread if you need more help.

Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

lammingb: You should start your own thread as you have a different question.

Also clearly repost your question and provide some useful details such as:

Which box? What TV? 

Visitor

Have new SamsungHDTV. Set up by TVman.2 PM.

Still get the message NOT AUTHORISED

Everything was done right.  Everything is brand new..

I called 5 times and nobody has called back like they promised.

It's 8:30 now and still no answers and no TV.

DT

Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

Comcast almost never calls back!  Try:

To get help, you can drop a note to Comcast corporate customer service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com).

For the quickest response, please include:
Your full name;
Service address;
Phone number & an alternate number if possible;
Account number;
A link to your post.

Visitor
vi31

channels HD 183 and 184 are blanl. it says S0a00. Then anothertime it will be working .. I hate calling and reporting this all the time. Please fix it. Thank you

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

vi31

Sorry but the forums are mainly a customer to customer help forum. Sometimes a official employee is on the forums, their usernames are in RED but don't count on one of them seeing all the postings.

That error message indicates a signal issue.

If calling in has not gotten it fixed then use the email address edpeters provided in the post above yours.

That team gets your issue into the hands of someone local to get this fixed. It will require a tech to check your outside cable and connectors for signs of damage and corrosion as well as your signal strength.

You can also double check all your inside connectors to make sure they are snug, if noise gets into the lines from a loose connector it may cause this also. If a tech has to check your inside wiring there will be a service charge. Outside is Comcast's responsibility.

New Visitor
treddick

picked up a new hd box.how do i get it to work?

Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

Hook the box up, then call this number to activate.

Call 1-855-OK-BEGIN (1-855-652-3446)

Visitor
123SINGA

On Saturday 10/12/13 I was unable to access the SPNU station even though I have the sports package.  Why did the screen remain black for over an hour and finally say "Not Authorized?"  I spent over two hours being connected and disconnected but Dominique finally said it was not in my package.  I have watched it previously so I am upset.  I had company come to watch the WSU football game and thought surely it would be available.  If the ESPNU network had difficulty, a runner or information  of some sort should have appeared on my screen--even if on ESPN.  I have spent so many hours trying to reach your customer service.  I am terribly upset.

New Visitor
scotty459

my PIP (pic in  pic)  wont work . please help

Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

Do you have 2 sources for your PIP?

New Visitor
hmacphee

This happens to me all the time. I can't call comcast every daty

New Visitor
keia19

please send single to my tv some of my channel are not program

New Visitor
zippyrick

I have a new flatscreen Samsung TV and the new Comcast equipment.  It always says Channel 9 (both regular and HD version) aren't available.  Comcast techs say it's the station's problem??  Anyone have any ideas?  I've re-run the channel setup but it didn't help.

Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

[ Edited ]

What tier of service do you have, what Comcast box, and how are things hooked up?  Where are you located?  Any chance of putting up an OTA antenna and getting better results???

New Visitor
zippyrick

I have the new tower and it was hooked up by the Comcast technician so I'm guessing it's installed right.  Channel 9 is a regular station, not premium, so I'm wondering if it has to do with the television.  I converted from a big box TV so it's all new.  I'm not sure what an OTA antenna is...

Regular Problem Solver

----------------------------------------------------

zippyrick said:

I have a new flatscreen Samsung TV and the new Comcast equipment.  It always says Channel 9 (both regular and HD version) aren't available.  Comcast techs say it's the station's problem??  Anyone have any ideas?  I've re-run the channel setup but it didn't help.

----------------------------------------------------

I don’t understand why you “re-run the channel setup”. Don’t you have a cable box or DTA? If not is your TV hooked up directly to the cable?

You said you can’t receive channel 9 on the TV. What channels can you get?

Regular Contributor
Jimis65

An OTA antenna is one that you might have set up on your roof or even a set of rabbit ears. Anything that pulls in the broadcast signal from the air and not from a cable.

New Visitor
lyndak

Recently bought new premium channels and they will not let me access them

New Visitor
sharonwalck

my dvr is stuck on one moment please I have no tv or cannot change anything.
New Visitor
zippyrick

Problem is resolved. I finally got the right tech on the phone who resent a signal and reset the settings. Thanks for your help.
New Visitor
jen4mike2001

Cable box keeps locking up. Is it defective or needs to be reset?

New Visitor
pnc1958

On demand won't let us watch any programs. Says they are not available at this time. It's been like this for 2 days.

Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

pnc1958 wrote:

On demand won't let us watch any programs. Says they are not available at this time. It's been like this for 2 days.

What does this have to do with "HD Channels"?

Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

This thread is a mess. Too many people posting different issues. Everyone here, please start your own thread.