New Visitor
davidpilati3082

How do you stop the recording of a series

I'm a newbie and have the latest HD DVR. How do you stop the recording of a whole series after the series was set up to record? I can only stop the recording of one prgram at a time.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

Re: How do you stop the recording of a series

davidpilati3082 wrote:

I'm a newbie and have the latest HD DVR. How do you stop the recording of a whole series after the series was set up to record? I can only stop the recording of one prgram at a time.

Press the MyDVR button on the Comcast silver remote control. Select Scheduled Recordings. Choose the scheduled program that you want to cancel the series recording. 

Press OK/Select to bring up the Information screen and then select the red dot (labeled as Set or cancel a recording). Select Modify Recording Settings then arrow down to select Don't Record this series. That will cancel the series recording. 

New Visitor
davidpilati3082

This is not consistent with my remote (again newest HD DVR). First, my red button says rec=record not erase. Secondly, when I select with the red button I get "Recording Options" and not "Modify Recording Options" and my recording options allow me to modify or cancel the episode but not the series.
Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

davidpilati3082 wrote:
This is not consistent with my remote (again newest HD DVR).

What is the model number of your box?

You can also see if this will work for you.

Press My DVR on the remote. Choose Manage My DVR/Series Priority.

Highlight the series you want to cancel, press Info.

Scroll to the X, press OK. Confirm you want to delete the series recording.

You can also use the wrench icon which will give you a Don't record this series option.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

davidpilati3082 wrote:
This is not consistent with my remote (again newest HD DVR). First, my red button says rec=record not erase. Secondly, when I select with the red button I get "Recording Options" and not "Modify Recording Options" and my recording options allow me to modify or cancel the episode but not the series.

Aplogies, I've added some additional information in bold below that may better assist:

Press the MyDVR button on the Comcast silver remote control. Select Scheduled Recordings. Choose the scheduled program that you want to cancel the series recording. 

Press OK/Select to bring up the Information screen and then select the red dot at the bottom of this screen (labeled as Set or cancel a recording). Arrow down to select Modify Recording Settings then arrow down to select Don't Record this series. Press OK-Select. That will cancel the series recording. 

Official Employee
ComcastTeds