New Visitor
newsfan

Lost channels on digital box and TiVo

We have lost all channels between 33 and 99. It says 'channel not available'. It happened suddenly and to both TiVo with cable cards, and Comcast digital tuners. We unplugged them to reset - no change. Why might this happen and does anyone have any suggestions?

newsfan

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: Lost channels on digital box and TiVo

What's the signal strength on the Tivo when your tuned to one of the bad channels?

From TiVo Central, select Messages & Settings > Settings > Channels > Signal Strength - Cable

New Visitor
newsfan

The channels disappeared completely - 'channel not available'. The channels that are working are between 85 and 93 signal strength. I don't think it's a TiVo issue given that the other 2 comcast boxes have lost the same channels.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

The Tivo has a better signal meter, that's why I asked to look at the Tivo's meter instead.

You should just report the signal issue to Comcast and they will need to send out a tech unless it's more widespread upstream into Comcast's RF portion of the plant which the line guys will need to deal with.

New Visitor
newsfan

Yes, the TiVo signal meter is good. However, for channels where it reads 'channel not available', the meter does not give a signal strength - obviously.  So for this situation it is of no help.

We will have to contact Comcast and hope they have some answers.

New Visitor
ironrange

As I was watching cable TV about an hour ago I lost all visual and only have the audio.  Also I cannot even shut the television off.  When I go up or down with the remote I get the next channel but no visual.  I was watching MSNBC on Channel 845 here in Coon Rapids, Minnesota.

Contributor

Maybe God is trying to tell you something about your TV channel preferences. :smileyhappy:

Contributor

Same problem here - Comcast says hackers got into their DNS and messed up HD (not regular TV). They are working to restore it in ONE TO TWO DAYS.

New Visitor

I am having the same problem!  Thanks for the info bc I was fixing to call them about the problem!