Visitor
djblaze

ME-TV (WCVB) on Comcast

I currently get WCVB on my basic package. WCVB is an ABC Affliliate from Boston Ma.  But I don't get ME-TV which is a WCVB sub-channel.  It is carried on Comcast on Ch. 296 or 302  in the Boston area.  Unfortunetly , I live in Hampshire county  , so it is not carried on our systems.  Why won't Comcast add any of the sub-channels  to our systems if the main channel is carried.  We get THIS TV from WCCT which is in Conneticut on our system , so this could be done.  There is currently no ME-TV affiliate in Western Mass , so this would be a chance for us to get it.  The next town over (West Brookfield) gets ME-TV  , but they are considered Worcester Co.  Current Lineup :

WWLP (NBC) Springfield , Ma

WWLP .2    The COOL TV 

WGGB(ABC) Springfield , MA

WGGB . 2  FOX

WGBY (PBS) plus all Sub-ch

WTIC (FOX) Hartford , CT

WCCT (The CW) Hartford , Ct

WSFB (CBS) Hartford. ct

WCVB - Boston

WHDH- Boston

WBZ- Boston

WSBK-Boston

The only out-of-market sub-channel carried is THIS TV from WCCT

Visitor
djblaze

Re: ME-TV (WCVB) on Comcast

Why won't Comcast add any of the sub-channels  to our systems if the main channel is carried

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Re: ME-TV (WCVB) on Comcast

Only Comcast or WCVB would know the answer.

Similar in my market. ThisTV, AntennaTV, MeTV, and LiveWell Network all carried by the same station. In the headend town about 100 miles away. ThisTV and MeTV have been available their for over 1 year for ThisTV and 9 months for MeTV. Antenna and LiveWell recently added to that station.

We never got ThisTV in my town. MeTV showed up when it became available. AntennaTV and LiveWell were supposed to be in our town October 2012 but never came on for us. Supposedly some sort of contract issue on the other 3.

No one at Comcast local office really knows the answer either.