Contributor
lls207x

METV. Memorable Entertainment Television

[ Edited ]
Watched a station at a friends house who has AT&T U Verse.
U Verse stinks, reallly. But they have a station who's website is www.metvnetwork.com
They have Route 66.....Ironsides....Peter Gunn......The Untoucables......Mr. Lucky.....Night Gallery.....Alfred Hitchcock Hour.....Rawhide.....Wanted Dead or Alive.......Lost in Space....Voyage To The Bottomof the Sea......The Donna Reed Show...Make Room For Daddy.....My Three Sons....
Adam 12....Dragnet...Emergency....Hawaii Five O....Thriller......Taxi....Mary Tyler Moore....Rhoda......And more!
Comcast....PLEASE GET THIS STATION!
I'm serious...you can't find this stuff .
Thanks,
LLS207x
Nashville, TN.
Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

Re: METV. Memorable Entertainment Television

[ Edited ]

Comcast has it here, 292, Boston area. What package do you have?

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

MeTV is a BROADCAST network. You need a local affiliate to air it, and they need to have an agreement with Comcast to carry that channel.

Based on the affiliates list, MeTV airs on WJDE in Nashville. It's a low-power broadcast channel. I don't know if Comcast carries them. WJDE also airs HSN and Sonlife. I couldn't find a web page for the channel itself.

Recognized Contributor
SanDiegoInExile

Seems like your best case would be to petition WJDE over and over and over and over again.  Comcast isn't going to carry it unless the affiliate wants it carried (and honestly, some don't).

Contributor
lls207x

I get every channel but the sex channels. I am in Nashvile, TN.
Another post just told me METV is a low power station already being broadcast in Nashville. But Comcast does not carry it.
Contributor
lls207x

There is a website that is really pretty good for METV.
Go to......www.metvnetwork.com
There are episodes of stuff like "The Mother In law" with Eve Arden.
Check it out.
LLS207x
Nashville, TN,
Recognized Contributor
SanDiegoInExile

[ Edited ]

MeTV is carried on some Comcast systems.  In my area, it is "owned" by the ABC affiliate and they air it on their .2 channel.  That affiiate negotiated with Comcast to add it to the roster of channels.  Again, the affiliate is the one who has to initiate the issue.  In my case, the ABC channel wanted to sell advertising on MeTV and have that advertising carried to as many viewers as possible.  A deal was struck and MeTV began to air.  In Sacramento, the NBC affiliate airs MeTV on its .2 channel and also had to strike a deal to get Comcast to carry it.

It sounds like you may be in an area where the affiliate is weak (religious, low-power station without even a website).  Your best hope might be that one of the network stations want the channel and swipe it away.

Also, if you have a new-style TV or a digital box, check to see if you get the channel through non-cable TV.  That is what MeTV is designed for, viewers to watch it without having cable.  You might also find antennaTV, which is sort of a poor cousin to MeTV in terms of programming.  Or Cozi TV, which is NBC's version.

Contributor
lls207x

Thank you for all that information.
I do have a Vizio television.
I am going to try turning off the cable using "setup".
Then going to "antenna".
From what I found on......www.metvnetwork.com in my area if I go to 31.1 I should be able to pick it up.
It is to late tonight, but I am going to try it tomorrow.
Thanks again for you input.
Regards,
LLS207x
Old Hickory, Tennessee.
Silver Problem Solver
andyross

Actually, the proper way is to have it do a channel scan. In the world of digital TV, the channel you see on-screen (virtual channel number ) and what it actually uses for broadcast may not be the same. In the case of WJDE, you are in luck as both the virtual and real channels are the same, so manually typing it in may work.

That said, it's still probably best to let it do a full channel scan. It should only take a few minutes, and you may be suprised at what you find broadcast but not carried by Comcast.