New Visitor
VanMarie
Accepted Solution

METV has disappeared!

What happened to METV here? (Fort Bragg, California) I just turned on Channel 10 and it's a Spanish speaking station! I can't find METV anywhere on the listings. Is there some sort of rule about announcing these types of changes? I get countless messages telling me about boxing/wrestling matches . . . how about channel changes? HUH???

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Re: METV has disappeared!

Try this link

http://www.metvnetwork.com/wherewatch.php

There may be more information

New Visitor

I agree.  MeTV was the best thing on.  I hope Comcast brings it back.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

MeTV is like Retro TV, ThisTV, etc. Usually carried as a sub-channel of a local station. If the local station no longer carries it then Comcast won't.

ThisTV used to be carried by a local station and they no longer carry it so it is no longer available.

Best to check the website for MeTV and see what stations in your area may carry it and let them know you would like to see it back on the air.

The station that carried ThisTv in my area is supposed to be getting MeTV sometime soon.

New Visitor
grampy4

Not only has METV disappeared, but the replacement programming has two other channels 

Azteca and HD. Really need a total of 3 - exactly the same?

Also, the programming guide shows the METV listings. IS that a teaser? 

New Visitor
2Dogfleas

WE TV is gone!

I recently discovered channel 31 (WE TV) in Santa Rosa, CA has been replaced, and is no where to be found!  There were some really good "retro" shows on there.  Why not just move WE TV to another channel?

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

Re: WE TV is gone!

Do you mean MeTV? MeTV is a channel carried by a local broadcaster and not under the control of Comcast. Maybe they changed their affiliation.

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

[ Edited ]

Are you sure commanguy that the Twin Cities area lost ThisTV? Because I still have it on the St. Paul system here as "KSTC2" Channel 245. That means it's still an subchannel on 45 for OTA folks.

Here's picture proof that its still here taken with my Motorola Droid.

thistvtccomcast.jpg 

New Visitor
drpeternsz

Cable channel 31 KTFY in San Francisco [ME TV] has been high jacked or supplanted by Azteca America, effectively eliminating one of the channels I regularly watch on Comcast.  It is still listed as KTFY 31 in my list of available channels on the computer and on my lineup of channels on my TV.  This substantially diminishes what is available through Comcast and has me wondering if I should just drop the Comcast subscription I have and seek an alternative.  I have not made up my mind yet.  We shall see if Comcast restore access to ME entertainment or not.  Right now, I am missing Star Trek. I usually watch twilight zone and Perry Mason as well as other program on ME Tv which are no longer available to me.

Regular Contributor
madampoo

I am also very upset about losing one of the only stations i could watch with happiness. When i called comcast the first time, the guy put me on hold , after 10 minutes i hung up. the next day i called and was told "we know about the change" but would not give a reply to when except "we are working on it" I am one of the people that needs the old shows again.

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

drpeternsz wrote:

Cable channel 31 KTFY in San Francisco [ME TV] has been high jacked or supplanted by Azteca America, effectively eliminating one of the channels I regularly watch on Comcast.

Do NOT blame Comcast. Both Azteca and MeTV are BROADCAST networks. It is KTFY that changed their subchannel. Comcast just passes it on. If you want to yell at anyone, yell at KTFY.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

[ Edited ]

demoman

Are you sure commanguy that the Twin Cities area lost ThisTV? Because I still have it on the St. Paul system here as "KSTC2" Channel 245. That means it's still an subchannel on 45 for OTA folks.

It may be that the Minneapolis system doesn't send it out to the rural areas on the system. I was getting it for a while on my DVD tuner. I had checked out the ThisTV website and they no longer listed it as available in my area but that could be a database error on their part.

I did see that MeTV is apparently in contract talks with KSTP/KSTC on carrying the channel. Maybe they will carry both?

Later this week I will try a re-scan of the DVD tuner to see if it picks up. When I tried after this thread started the channel would not lock in, just jumped. I did not bother with a rescan at the time.

If KSTC is still carrying it, which they don't send on the STB for my town like COOLTV , supposedly channel 210 on the Minneapolis system, which my DVD picks up also, then it is more likely something with the siganl being sent by Comcast.

You just got to love the complexity Comcast throws into their own system.

New Visitor
jamesairving

Ch 31 KFTY now "Azteca", not "MeTV" -- where are the listed old reruns?

On San Rafael, CA area Comcast, ch 31 was and is still listed as KFTY, but instead of a lineup of comfortable old reruns, it's now Spanish-language "Azteca".

My TiVo, Comcast DVR, and Droid app all still list the old reruns on ch 31, but that's not what we get when we record.

Is the old format from this channel still available somewhere on one of those thousand channels?

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Re: Ch 31 KFTY now "Azteca", not "MeTV" -- where are the listed o

See this thread, there is a link to the MeTV web site and they have a service locator.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/METV-has-disappeared/td-p/1070703

New Visitor

sunnyvale cal, channel 31 question

in sunnyvale, california, channel 31 is now showing spanish language programming. last week it was channle kfty? and was showing old sitcoms. It called itself 'METV'.   the listings on channel 11, still show the old sitcoms.

WHy don't the listings match what is on the channel? has KFTY moved to another channel? 

New Visitor

Yes, I miss it also. And the listings on channel 11 still show the MeTV shows, but on channel 31 there is now spanish lang. shows

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Maybe this will explain things:

The following is from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KFTY  and there is more on this there. What I have included are the highlights from the page which talk about the switch from ME TV to something else.

Until September 29, 2011, KFTY featured programming from Me-TV and syndicated programming, as well as locally-oriented programming, including the weekday morning (6-10AM) talk show Armstrong & Getty (a radio simulcast from KNEW), "Headlines and Weather on the Hour" throughout the day (in addition to news every half-hour during Armstrong & Getty anchored by Elisha Rivers), the Sunday evening Sports Show, the community affairs program Your Turn, and the "go-green" program TV 50 Marketplace hosted by Nazy Javid.

KFTY was previously an independent station until joining the classic television network Me-TV on April 25, 2011, as part of an affiliation agreement with Me-TV and Newport-owned or -operated stations. Branded as "Me-TV Bay Area," KFTY aired Me-TV programming predominately during the 10 a.m.-11 p.m. weekday time block.

On July 28, 2011 High Plains Broadcasting announced plans to sell KFTY to Una Vez Más Holdings, LLC, with plans to affiliate KFTY with the Spanish-language Azteca America network; The new owners also have plans to change the station's callsign to KEMO-TV, which is the former callsign of KOFY-TV. On September 29, 2011, KFTY's affiliation with Me-TV was discontinued and programming on Channel 50 was switched to Azteca America, mirroring that of AZA-TV on KOFY 20.4. On September 30, the MeTV website announced it is seeking a new affiliate for the San Francisco Bay Area.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

The following is from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KFTY and there is more on this there. What I have included are the highlights from the page which talk about the switch from ME TV to something else.

Until September 29, 2011, KFTY featured programming from Me-TV and syndicated programming, as well as locally-oriented programming, including the weekday morning (6-10AM) talk show Armstrong & Getty (a radio simulcast from KNEW), "Headlines and Weather on the Hour" throughout the day (in addition to news every half-hour during Armstrong & Getty anchored by Elisha Rivers), the Sunday evening Sports Show, the community affairs program Your Turn, and the "go-green" program TV 50 Marketplace hosted by Nazy Javid.

KFTY was previously an independent station until joining the classic television network Me-TV on April 25, 2011, as part of an affiliation agreement with Me-TV and Newport-owned or -operated stations. Branded as "Me-TV Bay Area," KFTY aired Me-TV programming predominately during the 10 a.m.-11 p.m. weekday time block.

On July 28, 2011 High Plains Broadcasting announced plans to sell KFTY to Una Vez Más Holdings, LLC, with plans to affiliate KFTY with the Spanish-language Azteca America network; The new owners also have plans to change the station's callsign to KEMO-TV, which is the former callsign of KOFY-TV. On September 29, 2011, KFTY's affiliation with Me-TV was discontinued and programming on Channel 50 was switched to Azteca America, mirroring that of AZA-TV on KOFY 20.4. On September 30, the MeTV website announced it is seeking a new affiliate for the San Francisco Bay Area.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

The following is from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KFTY and there is more on this there. What I have included are the highlights from the page which talk about the switch from ME TV to something else.

New Visitor
Timelessman

In the Bay Area it was on KFTY cable chan 31 and the shows are still listed on the menu, but now it's carrying some spanish stuff!

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

WHY METV Disappeared In The Bay Area

[ Edited ]

Removing METV for those of you in the Bay area was not done by Comcast or any  other cable/satellite tv company.

There is nothing any of them can do to bring it back.

METV was affliated with a station that was sold. The new owners will not carry over METV.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Re: WHY METV Disappeared In The Bay Area

Thanks Evie. Very good information even if it is not the best news for people looking for MeTV.

New Visitor
3ajake

Comcast...please bring back METV old reruns......

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

3ajake, did you read my post above? Comcast cannot bring it back until METV finds an new affliate in the area.  Comcast had nothing to do with the removal of METV.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

commanguy, I went searching to see if I could find something about the removal and hit pay dirt. All in the name of being able to provide correct information. I am in Alabama and have no connection with METV.

New Visitor
jamesairving

KFTY, which appeared on Comcast San Rafael ch 31, was sold to Azteca. I called and Comcast is negotiating to get the METV programming back on. They plan to put it on channel 199. They didn't say when, but "soon" was sort of implied.
Contributor

jamesairving wrote:
KFTY, which appeared on Comcast San Rafael ch 31, was sold to Azteca. I called and Comcast is negotiating to get the METV programming back on. They plan to put it on channel 199. They didn't say when, but "soon" was sort of implied.

Well That's good news.   At the bayarea metv web page they have the followng note:

Attention Bay Area Me-TV viewers!

We are currently in discussions with several potential affiliates in the Bay Area. As soon as we reach an agreement with one of them, we will post the information on our website, MeTVnetwork.com. Sign up below for an email notice letting you know where Me-TV will be seen in the Bay Area as well as the start date for the new affiliate.

The URL is http://metvnetwork.com/wherewatch.php?marketID=9

But what confuses me is that it appears to me that comcast in the bay area has at least two providers of the exact same programming Kofy and kfty.   So can't comcast pipe in the Monterey affiliate for metv in the channel 31 or 199 or whatever slot?

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Evie

I am well aware you have no connection to MeTV or official connection with Comcast. I posted the thank you for the search you did and the information you posted. I myself went to the MeTV web site.

Hope all is well in the rebuilding efforts from the tornado that hit your area.

Again my thanks for the time you spend here helping out.

commanguy

Contributor
rrrffx

Hello All.. the loss of MeTV caused more than a little grumbling 'roun' nyah  :smileyhappy:   They've just sent me an email with the following announcement (body of message to follow):

Me-TV announces new affiliation agreement with KOFY-TV in San Francisco/Bay Area market

Me-TV has great news for our San Francisco/Bay Area fans! We have an affiliation agreement with KOFY-TV in your area. Granite Broadcasting Corporation’s KOFY-TV20/Cable 13 is a local, independent station that covers the nine Bay Area counties.

Me-TV will launch soon and be carried over the air on channel 20.2.  For cable subscribers, discussions are underway for Me-TV to return to cable systems in the Bay Area. We will email you as soon as we have a launch date or new information on where to watch Me-TV.

You can also keep up to date with all things “Me” by liking us on Facebook!   Thank you for watching me... Me-TV, Memorable Entertainment Television!

KOFY is a natural to pick up the affiliate. KOFY/KFTY are very much alike in form and content. I hope this goes a way towards relieving fears that the network was gone for good.   Cheers!

Recognized Contributor
Sevebp

Hopefully Comcast  will bring ME TV  to all of the Bay Area Comcast markets.  We have Azteca  on Channel 31 through KEMO ( fornally  KFTY-50) although it does not work on DTA boxes as the DTA box just skips over  channel 31 now , on Channel 196 which is where KOFY 20.4 broadcast a duplicate channel then there is the Multi Latino tier on Channel 620.  Please bring our ME Tv to cable, you added many other sub channels in recent weeks  like KRCB from Rohnert Park.

Contributor

In the Bay Area KOFY has brought back meTV (I found it on Friday Oct 28).  It's being broadcast at 20.2, so when will Comcast make it available on cable and where (what comcast channel)?  There are some differences:  for one Armstrong and Getty are no longer on 6am to 10am and for another the 10am Perry Mason is not on (it's MOd Squad).   But interestingly the noon Perry Mason on 13, 713 or 20.1 is meTV logoed.   But at least we get Wild WIld West back and the scifi block on Saturday night.  Now if it were only available over the cable.

Michael

Official Employee
ComcastTeds