Contributor
Fabrizio32

MLB Extra Innings Package with the MLB.TV Component

I recently subscribed to the MLB Extra Innings Service from iN DEMAND and on their website it states the following:

"New for 2014, the #1 LIVE streaming sports service now included with your MLB EXTRA INNINGS subscription, is MLB.TV. Watch LIVE baseball on every mobile and connected device."

Here's the link:

www.indemand.com/sports/mlb/

Nothing in this language indicated this is a provider-exclusive feature, and there is no "asterisk" to denote it is either, but no one, and I mean NO ONE at Comcast has a CLUE what I am talking about when I call customer support. Literally 90 minutes of calls, disconnections, and total lack of information has led me here.

If this is not being offered through Comcast, can someone just come out and say that is the case? At least it would be definitive. And if it is, why is it that no one I have spoken to in this company's support staff has even heard of the MLB.TV portion of the package?

iN DEMAND's phone system directs me to call my provider when prompted for my zip code in reference to the MLB Extra Innings package, and it was ordered by contacting Comcast, so it is apparently not something they are handling directly, it's Comcast.

I've seen other threads where people are shouting into the same black hole, and a Comcast representative should at least come out and give us a straight answer.

Contributor
eviction

MLB extra innings and MLB.tv

I see that Time Warner and DirectTV are offering mlb.tv with mlb extra innings.   I purchased extra innings, but i did not know if that would be a feature xfinity would be offering?

Thanks.

Regular Contributor

Re: MLB extra innings and MLB.tv

[ Edited ]

I am a regular MLB Package customer thru Comcast and I also would like to know.

New Visitor
Brian1979

I buy MLB.tv every year but this is my first year with Xfinity. If  I can get it both on my ipad plus get the Extra Innings, I'd like to know.

Contributor
eviction

Hopefully someone answers tomorrow... Seems with Comcast taking over time Warner anyway, it'll be a problem they will have to solve.
Regular Problem Solver
SanDiegoInExile

The Free Preview runs until Sunday 04-06-14, so no hurry to "purchase".

New Visitor
monsterseats

Just got off the phone with Comcast about MLB Extra Innings 2014. Only two of the channels are in HD in my area. The rest are in SD. What a joke. This is 2014. What TV provider offers a sports package that isn't all-HD? Apparently, the answer is Comcast. Don't pay $47.25 X 4 for a non-HD version of MLB Extra Innings. Send a message to Comcast: Give us the HD programming we want and deserve. Try MLB.TV instead. It's not perfect, but all the games are in HD.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm watching the commercials on Extra innings In Demand and they say that MLB.TV is included.  This does not appear to be a special feature for DirectTV customers.  Yet, when I go to mlb.tv on my IPad, it asks me if I want to buy it when I click on "subscribers".  So I don't know if I have to do something else that I am unaware of to access it, or we are not signed up for it.  Any help from the Comcast employees would be welcome.

Regular Contributor

I just spent time on the phone with MLB.TV to get help for getting the games on my computer.  Went through the steps until I got to "choose provider" so they can link MLB.TV to my purchase.  Except the providers listed don't include Comcast.  Direct TV, Time Warner Cable, and Verizon Fios are there.  So it appears even though we are entitled to it, we can't get MLB.TV

Recognized Contributor
medziatkowicz

Unfortunately comcast in all their brilliance won't include mlb.tv .
Regular Contributor

I don't give up that easy....expecting a call from corporate later today with an explanation.

Recognized Contributor
medziatkowicz

I taked to the escalation department and no go.
Contributor
eviction

[ Edited ]

Im hoping this isnt true... but if it is... it's the ultimate "screw you" from Comcast.

Especiallyt since Comcast can use this is a way to push people to upgrade/purchase high speed internet.

Recognized Contributor
medziatkowicz

Re: MLB.TV access is supposed to be provided for all subscribers to MLB Extra Innings

according to everyone at comcast I have talked to mlb.tv IS NOT included in mlb extra innings subscriptions. Something about the contract with mlb doesn't allow mlb.tv to be included. Because of this omission I WILL NOT be subscribing to extra innings this year. Instead I will be subscribing to mlb.tv alone.

New Visitor
PLauderdale30

So not only do you get a lesser version of "Extra Innings" (non-HD channels, no-mosaic channel, no home/away feeds) you also don't get the additional incentive that every other provider is offering in MLB.tv.  And all for the same price....!

Recognized Contributor
medziatkowicz

No reply from marketing yet. Doubt it will be included though.
Contributor
eviction

That's what I am thinking too.  They should edit their commercials and take off the MLB.tv part, especially since the free preview commercial is playing on every comcast MLB extra innings channel, and might be a driving force to buy the product.

I am still holding out hope...   as it would be a real letdown and poor business decision if they don't.

New Visitor
Havogardo

Re: MLB Extra Innings Package with the MLB.TV Component

Try this substituting Comcast for DirecTV:

Learn how to activate your account with MLB.TV

New for 2014 and included in your MLB EXTRA INNINGS subscription at no extra charge, MLB.TV. For the first time ever, you can now watch LIVE baseball on every mobile device. Get almost 100 out-of-market games per week with 99% in HD. For a full list of supported devices please visit http://mlb.mlb.com/mobile/atbat/devices.jsp.

To authenticate your MLB.TV Premium account, follow these steps:

Click https://secure.mlb.com/tv/activate/
Select DIRECTV as your provider
Login using your DIRECTV credentials
Link your provider credentials with a new or existing MLB.com account
Start enjoying MLB EXTRA INNINGS and MLB.TV!

Contributor
Fabrizio32

[ Edited ]
Thanks, Havogardo. We tried this, but there is no drop down choice for Comcast, which is in itself very telling.

If it were a feature that Comcast offered, it would be among the four providers listed in that drop down menu and the frustration level wouldn't be as high as it is.

Comcast needs to step up and just make it abundantly apparent they DON'T offer it so consumers can make an informed decision.

Our Vizio TV does not have the option of an MLB.TV app, but Samsung's TVs do, so that may be the route we go. Plus, streaming MLB.TV on one's big screen is a much better experience and cheaper.
Contributor
eviction

I'm holding out hope Comcast comes thru on this, only because no comcast rep on here has touched this issue with a 10 foot pole.

Contributor
Fabrizio32

[ Edited ]
I sent a private message linking this thread with a brief explanation directly to both "ComcastAndrew" and "ComcastTeds" in hopes they would address it.

Neither has been read yet. I don't want to be a jerk and hijack someone else's thread to flag them down so I will be patient, but not for long.
Regular Contributor

Here is an email I just sent in response to what was told to me by a corporate caseworker on this matter :

Hi XXXXXXX.

I would like to say that if you are blaming IN Demand for misrepresenting what Comcast is offering in it’s MLB extra innings package $189, then Comcast should make IN Demand stop showing those commercials immediately. It is misleading.  IMO, it is just as much Comcast’s fault
since they have been made aware of the situation since the beginning of the week of free previews and have done nothing to stop it.

Thank you,
XXXXXXX

Contributor
Fabrizio32

So a caseworker basically has said the advertised combination is not universally offered and inDEMAND is to blame for confusing matters?

That's rich.
Official Employee
ComcastTeds

Fabrizio32 wrote:

I recently subscribed to the MLB Extra Innings Service from iN DEMAND and on their website it states the following:

"New for 2014, the #1 LIVE streaming sports service now included with your MLB EXTRA INNINGS subscription, is MLB.TV. Watch LIVE baseball on every mobile and connected device."

Here's the link:

www.indemand.com/sports/mlb/

Nothing in this language indicated this is a provider-exclusive feature, and there is no "asterisk" to denote it is either, but no one, and I mean NO ONE at Comcast has a CLUE what I am talking about when I call customer support. Literally 90 minutes of calls, disconnections, and total lack of information has led me here.

If this is not being offered through Comcast, can someone just come out and say that is the case? At least it would be definitive. And if it is, why is it that no one I have spoken to in this company's support staff has even heard of the MLB.TV portion of the package?

iN DEMAND's phone system directs me to call my provider when prompted for my zip code in reference to the MLB Extra Innings package, and it was ordered by contacting Comcast, so it is apparently not something they are handling directly, it's Comcast.

I've seen other threads where people are shouting into the same black hole, and a Comcast representative should at least come out and give us a straight answer.

Apologies for any confusion we (and-or In Demand) may have caused.  

I am confirming with a few others, but from what I can see so far, MLB EXTRA INNINGS will not include a subscription to MLB.TV this season for our customers. 

The In Demand website does say the following: 

Additional details on access and activation coming soon. *Product packaging and pricing may vary by cable company.

Contributor
eviction

I respect your reply.

I just wish someone had proofread the commercials that literally run multiple times per game in between innings that do not have such a disclaimer.

I think mlb.tv should offer at least a reasonably less expensive plan for their service for Comcast customers, as we are essentially paying 329 dollars for a service most others are paying 199ish for.

Contributor
Fabrizio32

[ Edited ]

Thank you for at least giving some type of intelligent answer. I have been told anything from nothing to the now-absurd "you have to pay $9.99 for that" by Comcast support.

I agree that it would be a better value-add to include the online MLB.TV feature. I guess contractually, Comcast wasn't able to get a deal done with MLB.

Visitor
BoDeansR1

Wow, that is very sad. I am going to puchase MLB.TV on the monthly plan and then switch over to Verizon so I can purchase a half season of Extra Innings with all the features including HD.

Comcast is loosing a very good customer, but I imagine they really don't care.

New Visitor
w_u_w_t

Just spoke with MLB folks about Extra Innings / MLB TV package; they indicated our cable provider would need to provide an activation code so we could go to MLB.COM/TV/Activation less than 5 minute conversation. 

Been on phone with Comcast / Xfinity well over 45 minutes transferred 4 times having to start from square 1 each time. 

Simple question are they ( Comcast / Xfinity ) going to honor the promotion they are advertising?

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I noticed a 4th - Brighthouse -  is now on the list of providers on the MLB.TV drop down  list.  Everyone but Comcast.

Visitor

[ Edited ]

When I called and ordered this morning, the lady told me mlb.tv was available and I'd be able to watch home/away on mobile devices with it. Then I found this thread, where a Comcast rep posted basically the exact opposite of that. Tried to get clarification through online support, the guy clearly was not following my issue and transferred me to their mobile department where I was promptly disconnected. After sitting on hold on the phone for a while, the game I'm trying to watch started so I gave up to sit here and watch it in standard def.

The home/away feeds and mobile access are dealbreakers for me - I had already decided to go mlb.tv this year before I saw these ads, the access to both and being able to just throw a game on tv when I'm home are the only reason I even entertained paying more for an inferior service.

This is ridiculous. As I was typing this message I saw 3 ads for EI with MLB.tv. I've talked to 3 people, got 2 different answers, and spent plenty of time on hold. All I want to know is if Comcast is going to offer what they're advertising, so if not I can cancel before the free preview ends and sign up for mlb.tv.

New Visitor
mwhitaker20

Comcast does not offer the mlb.tv portion of the extra innings package.  I also ran into the same confusion. I simply cancelled my order and just purchased mlb.tv directly from mlb.  I will just have to watch mlb.tv through my xbox when i want to watch it on my TV.  Comcast also doesnt offer the package in HD which is absolutely ridiculous in this day and age.  I can't wait for FIOS to get to my neighborhood... for now comcast has me hostage because i can only get the phillies through them. Direct TV etc. doesnt have comcast sportsnet philadelphia (at least not in philly).

Visitor

So glad I am not alone in this.  I can echo what everyone has been saying.  I too have spent hours on the phone with Comcast, In-Demand and MLB.com trying to figure this out.  Comcast is clueless.  I have not heard definitely that they are not offering it.  The closest I've gotten to an answer is them directing me to their Xfinity Go app where Extra Innings would presumably be, but there is no such thing. 

MLB.com said this is a comcast issue.  In-Demand said to keep checking back.  No one has told me that Comcast isn't going to offer it, this is the first I have heard about that on this thread. 

Contributor
NyKnicks

I guess I have the same issue as everyone else. Looks like Comcast is not offereing MLB.tv. I had been thinking about getting MLB.tv anyway and skipping Extra Innings this year. The thing I wasn't sure about Comcast has a limit on how much data you can use each month. looks like it is suspended for now, but will start again at some point. So, using MLB.tv, if i watch a 3 hour game everyday plus my regular computer usage will I run out of the amount of data I can use each month.

The other downside is I would have to run my computer for all those extra hours a day. Shortening hard drive life, but maybe that isn't an issue.......

New Visitor
abg725

As of 4 p.m today, Comcast continues to misrepresent the product it is offering. I called to add the Extra Innings package after seeing the continuing adds indicating that MLB. TV is included. After my order was taken I asked the rep what I had to do to login to MLB.tv and without missing a best he told me to go to the MLB.tv website and use my Infinity user name name and password. Of course, when I attempted to do just that I discovered that Comcast is absent from the list of providers. Either they are grossly misinformed about their own product, or they are continuing to intentionally misrepresent the product as a marketing tool. Neither alternative is admirable, nor acceptable.
New Visitor
Westkat

Did you get an answer? I'm encountering the same problem. I ordered MLB extra innings yesterday (4/5/14) and have no way to access mlb.tv. I was on the phone with comcast and Mlb.tv customer service and they were all clueless. I'm about to call today b/c I have more time to waste talking to these people, but I figured is see if you got the problem resolved.
Visitor
Redbyrd

Attempts to shift blame for the MLB.TV "confusion" to iN Demand is almost laughable.

According to the iN Demand web site, iN Demand's owner's are Comcast iN DEMAND Holdings, Inc., Cox Communications Holdings, Inc., and Time Warner Entertainment - Advance/Newhouse Partnership.

Comcast is one of the owners of iN Demand and Comcast ran commercials offering the free MLB.TV subscription every 10 minutes during their MLB Extra Innings free preview. Now they say they have no responsibility to provide what they promised. It sounds like false and misleading advertising.

I am going to write letters to my State Attorney General and to the Better Business Bureau. Perhaps, if others will do the same, Comcast will be held accountable.

New Visitor

Re: hd channels not availabe.

I signed up for the MLB Extra inning package, which Comcast has been advertising ALL WEEK which this year is to include:

HD

MLB TV subscription

Home and Away broadcasts

I try this morning to sign up for MLB TV and see it's not available to Comcast customers, NOR ARE ANY OF THE OTHER NEW ADDITIONS FOR THIS YEAR THEY HAVE BEEN ADVERTISING!!!

GREAT SALES JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visitor

Do it in Federal Court (Comcast is in multiple states) and do it as a Class Action Suit on behalf of all subscribers.

New Visitor
Etmunch

I also would like a better explanation for this. Fine print really doesn't cut it when the biggest cable provider is the one excluded from the promotion.
New Visitor
tduncan164330mi

I ordered it for 4th year in a row but was not going to this year seeing most are not HD and was just going to get the MLB.TV and use my hdmi. When i seen the commercial it only made sense to get the extra innings and get the mlb.tv for free. I spent half the day trying to figure how to log on until i found this tread,,,such bs. Im going to cancel it and Comcast beter not charge me a dime for this misleading commercial not to mention they charged me a $2,99 fee for new service but yet in thier fine print is says returning extra innings subscibers will be automatically renewed. ..

Contributor
Bucco13

Just adding my voice to the list of folks who find this very bad business.

Although, I would subscribe to EXTRA INNINGS without the offer, the offer of MLBTV surely motivated me to order sooner.  I have had EXTRA INNINGS now for about 12 years and was very excited about this.

I also spent time on the phone to no avail, and the Comcast rep who took my EXTRA INNINGS order told me also to check with MLB on the offer.

Don't you wonder if those at the top who make decisions and are always speaking of "the  customer" ever read this stuff.  This particular situation certainly screams CUSTOMER INDIFFERENCE, and certainly other things not fit for this board.

A real shame

Contributor
sandymckenzie

Just went through the exact same thing.  Finally got hooked up with one person in the internet department who told me that it says right in the MLB Extra Innings document that Comcast is NOT offering MLB.TV as part of their MLB Extra Innings subscription package.  Needless to say, I canceled my subscription.  It seems to me that it shouldn't be legal for them not to disclose this when all of the commercials state that it's part of the package.  I'm going to go back to MLB.TV and buy a blue ray player that can stream the games on it (there are tons of them out there).  Will also stream through Xbox 360 if you have a gold Live account.  Comcast needs to educate their customer service reps, especially the ones in the sales department that are selling the product.  It's ridiculous what I had to go through to find out I wasn't getting what they were advertising.  If I didn't hate DirecTV so much, I'd switch.

New Visitor
sportagt

I just signed up today and same problem: they can't tell me at Comcast how to stream MLB games.

New Visitor
sterb0622

Does anyone have an email of someone we can contact?  I've looked and can't come up with anything, but did find a twitter @comcastcares which I messaged with no substantial luck.  When I learned only two HD channels I was stunned that's the best they could do.  This is my first season with Comcast... I had to make the switch from Directv because of too many trees around my new house.   I think we should remind the dopes at Comcast about #7 on their customer guarantee:

We will continually offer the best and most video choices.

We’re working hard to bring more choices to our customers instantaneously by using the full power of our advanced network and decades of television experience. We will use On Demand to bring you dramatically more content choices, including more movies, more sports, more kids programs, more network TV shows and more HD than anyone else.

As for how Comcast provides the MLB package.... this seems to be a total fail on their customer guarantee.  

For those of you that have had or do have the MLB.tv package... how is the video quality?  I hesitate to switch for a couple reasons:   I like the conveniecne of being able to switch from a game to a TV show with ease and not switching inputs.  Also, the infrastructure in my new neighborhood isn't great and I already have trouble in the evening with slow internet speeds because of it.  

Regular Contributor

sandymckenzie wrote:

Just went through the exact same thing.  Finally got hooked up with one person in the internet department who told me that it says right in the MLB Extra Innings document that Comcast is NOT offering MLB.TV as part of their MLB Extra Innings subscription package. 

Unless there are other "documents", this is the disclaimer on their ordering page :

Restrictions apply. Not available in all areas. Limited to residential customers. Offer limited to MLB Extra Innings and requires subscription to Limited Basic service (or above) TV service. MLB Extra Innings will automatically renew at the start of each season, provided Comcast Cable still carries the service, at that season’s full-season early-bird rate. Your subscription will automatically be billed in 4 total payments. If you wish to cancel your subscription, or do not wish to be renewed, you may call Comcast at 1-800-Comcast up to 30 days into the season and get your money back. We’ll refund the monthly recurring fee for your first 30 days of service. After the first 30 days of a season, MLB Extra Innings cannot be canceled or pro-rated. Installation payment option not available in all areas. If you change addresses at any point in or out of season, you will remain enrolled in the autorenewal program. Equipment, installation, taxes and fees, including Broadcast TV Fee (currently up to $1.50/mo.) extra, such charges and fees subject to change during and after the promotion. Limited to service to a single outlet. May not be combined with other offers. Limited Basic service subscription required to receive other levels of service. Blackout restrictions apply. Pricing subject to change. Comcast © 2014. All rights reserved.

Unless they are referring to "restrictions apply", there is nothing about mlb.tv.   And "restrictions apply" can mean anything they want it to.  It can mean they only will broadcast 2 games a day to save bandwith if they want to spin it that way.

Contributor
sandymckenzie

I think the rep was referring to an internal document.  He read to me verbatim from the document, and it clearly stated that Comcast was not offerring the MLB.TV subscription with its MLB Extra Innings package this year.  Something should pop up on the customer service reps' screens whenever someone orders so that they know to tell people they aren't getting what's advertised.

Regular Contributor

sandymckenzie wrote:

I think the rep was referring to an internal document.  He read to me verbatim from the document, and it clearly stated that Comcast was not offerring the MLB.TV subscription with its MLB Extra Innings package this year.  Something should pop up on the customer service reps' screens whenever someone orders so that they know to tell people they aren't getting what's advertised.

An internal document (that can't be viewed by the customer), just doesn't cut it when it contradicts what they are advertising.

Contributor

No it's not included if Comcast is your provider. When Extra Innings advertised their subscription package it stated MLB.TV would be included. When I called Comcast to purchase the Extra Innings package I specifically asked if MLB.TV was included. They told me it was so I went ahead and purchased the package. I
I asked at that time how to log into the MLB.TV account she told me with my login info I use to access my Comcast services. Needless to say when I tried to log in Comcast wasn't listed as one if the service providers. What a scam. If I had known it wasn't included I would have just subscribed to MLB.TV and hooked my computer right to my tv to watch the games being I want to be able to watch them when I travel for business on my laptop. I called Comcast to complain they told me it is an MLB.TV issue. I called MLB.TV and they tell me it's Comcasts issue. What a rip off!!!! Your better off just ordering MLB.TV so you can watch it on all your devices.
New Visitor
sterb0622

I was told by the Comcast rep it took 48 hours for the MLB.tv to be active and I could log on with my Comcast email and password.  Clearly that's not the case.  I believe you hae 30 days to cancel the Extra Innings package if anyone wants to do that and go to MLB.tv exclusively.  You just pay for the days used. 

However, my biggest issue with them is only having 2 HD channels!  How someone thinks that is acceptable at that company is disgraceful.  

Contributor
sandymckenzie

I got the MLB package for years until last year when I switched to MLB.TV. There's never been more the two HD channels. It sucks, but nothing has changed there.