Contributor
JCass2015
Accepted Solution

MSG Channel?!

I'm a New York Knicks basketball fan and with all the 100's of channels, why doesn't Comcast carry this network? Some nights the Celtics are on 2 channels and when the Knicks are on NBA channel that night, it gets blacked out. Very frustrating. Please get MSG on your lineup. Thanks.

New Visitor
JedTurnbull

No MSG in Bristol, CT?

I live Bristol, CT and I'm extremely frustrated comcast doesn't offer the MSG Network in my area. I'm a big Knicks fan and went through all of last season not being able to watch all of their games. The worst part about it is their games are blacked out on the NBA league pass even though I can't get MSG so that isn't an option either. It makes no sense. I've had comcast for over a year now and will not go through another season unable to watch the Knicks. Everytime I call I'm told they don't have MSG "YET", as if it's on the way. But no one I talk to can tell me when it will be available. If I can't watch the Knicks through Comcast, I will need to find another cable provider. This really is absurd and a big disappointment. Bristol is only 2 hrs from New York City, there is no excuse not to offer MSG Network.

New Visitor
JedTurnbull

Re: No MSG in Bristol, CT?

Looks like At&t Uverse offers MSG in my area...good bye comcast

Contributor
arudoplhud

No MSG Channel = No Knicks Games in Hartford, CT area

I recently moved to Avon, CT from the Stamford, CT area and I can't believe Comcast doesn't offer the MSG channel up here. No Knicks games! Is there something between MSG and Comcast that precludes me from watching?

Worst of all, when the Knicks are on the NBA channel (once every couple of weeks), it's blacked out up here, even though the Knicks aren't on any other channel.

Does anyone know why Comcast doesn't offer the MSG channel in the Hartford, CT area, or who I can write a letter to or call?

I'm a huge Knicks fan and would unfortunately have to go a satellite dish to get my Knicks back, which I really don't want to do ... but may have to.

thanks~

New Visitor
pm_patterson

Re: No MSG Channel = No Knicks Games in Hartford, CT area

Try channel 102 for the game.  But there is no HD feed.  Continue to tell Comcast that you want Knicks games in HD.  Nets and Celtics both in HD.  Yankees, Red Sox and Mets continue to be in HD.  Bruins HD. But he Rangers and Knicks get left in the cold

Bronze Star Contributor

Re: MSG Channel?!

Some Comcast in other States have it and you would have to demand to yours and  ine has none of the Regional Sports Networks or even Sports Tier in 7 Hundred's yet.

Visitor

This past Wednesday I found the MSG channel on channel 102.  It wasn't listed anywhere but the entire Knicks game was televised.  I'm in Eastern Ct.

Contributor
JCass2015

I'm in central CT. Channel 102 does carry the Knicks. Good stuff. Thanks for the info! No HD, but better then nothing. Was watching on the internet but more convenient on the tube.  

New Visitor
BtownJ

We want MSG! I'm in Bristol, we can't watch the Knicks here either.

New Visitor
BtownJ

Re: No MSG in Bristol, CT?

Bristol resident here too, I have tried calling and get the run around as well.

New Visitor
BtownJ

MSG/Knicks

Please pick up MSG so us Knicks fans in CT can watch the games!

New Visitor
BtownJ

[ Edited ]

Get MSG in your line up Comcast! - Bristol, CT

New Visitor
NeedMSG

Lose of programming for MSG

If any customer is upset with the lose of MSG cable programming in central CT please contact Comcast ask to make a formal request to add it to their channel line up. I'm a customer of Comcast Middletown and over the years MSG programming has been reduced to the point that its no longer supported. Make sure Comcast hears your voice, we pay enough!

New Visitor

[ Edited ]

I live in New Britain and had no clue that I was able to see the knicks games until this thread ( Thank you). I just turned on the TV placed it on channel 102 and poof the knicks game was on. Not sure if they show all knicks/rangers games on this channel but its better than nothing..

Contributor
JCass2015

Thanks forum for finding Knicks on Channel 102 (EH, CT). Now let's get it on HD!

Contributor
arudoplhud

Channel 102 works for me as well. I wrote a letter to Comcast today and also called. They also said "we don't have it YET." I asked if there was a timeframe for when it would be available, and the customer service rep said they didn't know. 

Keep calling people!

Visitor

The reason why Comcast doesn't carry MSG Channel is all business, whatever Comcast is saying.  MSG Channel is owned by James Dolan, who just happens to, also, own Cablevision. So, Comcast is not going to give their money to their competitor, Cablevision.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

[ Edited ]

bagsda wrote:

The reason why Comcast doesn't carry MSG Channel is all business, whatever Comcast is saying.  MSG Channel is owned by James Dolan, who just happens to, also, own Cablevision. So, Comcast is not going to give their money to their competitor, Cablevision.

MSG is carried in many Comcast areas of New Jersey where the NY Knicks are considered one of the in-market NBA teams. Cablevision and Comcast do not compete for customers in service areas.

Parts of the CT area may be considered Boston Celtics territory. Let me look into this a bit more and get a more detailed answer for everyone.  

Bronze Star Contributor

In Olathe,KS we know get FSN Midwest Plus SD on 925 but it doesn't show Cardinals and showed because we get the FSNKC for Royals Games.

Bronze Star Contributor
JMiller1985

We have it in SD in Naugatuck as well, unfortunately no HD.... which means no Knicks, Rangers or Devils. We actually are closer to New York, than boston....geographically speaking anyways.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

ComcastTeds wrote:

bagsda wrote:

MSG is carried in many Comcast areas of New Jersey where the NY Knicks are considered one of the in-market NBA teams. Cablevision and Comcast do not compete for customers in service areas.

Parts of the CT area may be considered Boston Celtics territory. Let me look into this a bit more and get a more detailed answer for everyone.  

MSG Network is carried in many Comcast areas of CT as a full-time channel. 

In the Comcast areas of CT where MSG is not carried full-time, we make every effort to offer many of the Knicks and Rangers games from MSG on a part-time channel (as mentioned in some of the earlier posts).

We are working to better communicate that option and also to include the game listings in the guide so that these sporting events will be easier to locate.

Bronze Star Contributor
JMiller1985

Even though this is kinda dead, but in another posting comcastteds alerted me to the fact that MSG HD is coming soon to our area sometime this fall.... just figured maybe an update would help anyone interested in this in our area.

Contributor
JCass2015

Thanks for the heads up. Good to know. Long time coming. Although I was hoping to watch Lin this year.

Bronze Star Contributor
JMiller1985

Yeah the knicks make ton's of money every year, and they never spend a dime on reasonable talent or retaining there reasonable talent.

Bronze Star Contributor
JMiller1985

Okay, one more time, Comcastteds whats the good word on MSG HD for connecticut.... you said fall.... well my friend, how are we looking?

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

JMiller1985 wrote:

Okay, one more time, Comcastteds whats the good word on MSG HD for connecticut.... you said fall.... well my friend, how are we looking?

Looking good. MSG HD is scheduled to be added to the CT towns listed below on October 9th on channel 1664.

Thanks for your patience.

Ansonia

Beacon Falls

Bethany

Derby

Naugatuck

Oxford

Seymour

Waterbury

Prospect

Wolcott

Middlebury

Naugatuck/Platta Mill

Pequabuck

Plymouth

Terryville

Thomaston

Bronze Star Contributor
JMiller1985

Now thats what I'm talking about!!!!!!!!!!

Official Employee
ComcastTeds