Contributor
sunicastle517
Accepted Solution

Me-TV Network

I would like to know if Comcast will pick up the Me-TV network? I contacted Me-TV and they told me they are on KCSO 33.2 on Comcast.  I can't find that station.  Me-TV shows old 1960,1970 and 1980's shows such as: Hogan's Heros, Cannon, Streets of San francisco, and so many more.

Please get back to me if you know the answer.

Me_TV

http://metvnetwork.com/index.php

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: Me-TV Network

Contact your local Comcast office.

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

Exactly where are you? If you go to the 'where to watch' button and enter your ZIP code, you should get a list of where it's available. I tried a Sacramento zip code (KCSO is in Sacramento), and the site said there was nothing available. On the other hand, the Wikipedia list says it is there (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_MeTV_affiliates ).

KCSO is a low-power station in Sacramento. Their main channel is a Telemundo affiliate (Comcast channel 25). Their web site (http://kcso33.com/) is all in Spanish. I didn't see any information about MeTV on it. Being a low-power station, Comcast may not carry all of their subchannels.

Contributor
sunicastle517

I'm in Rancho Cordova.  I checked out the station online and it has a great lineup.  I will contact Comcast.  Does anyone have their mailing address?

Bronze Star Contributor

You might check the Main Channel's Website or Email them.

New Visitor
glock509

they just dropped retro tv and gave us me tv in the atlanta area and i hate it. they have the same shows as tv land whereas rtv had emergency and several others that are not shown anywhere else. i hate it.

New Visitor

I want my Me-TV. It is NOTHING like tv land. Tv land is awful. I checked their website and their retro lineup is fantastic. I hope Comcast brings it to my area. Retro television shows are coming back in style. WFMZ is going to be adding it very soon.
Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Me-TV is suplied by the local TV stations that have picked up the Me-TV network.  Unless the local station in your area has Me-TV on one of it's sub channels, you will not get it.

it is not a national cable network, so it would not be available in all area's.

Me-TV has a finder if it's in your area http://metvnetwork.com/wherewatch.php

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

As mentioned, Comcast will carry MeTV *IF* they carry the broadcaster who has it, *AND* also carry whatever subchannel it may be on.

Contributor
lpwcomp

Atlanta Comcast carries MeTV on a clear QAM channel but they do not map it to a digital cable channel.  Therefore, it is only available to me if connect directly to my digital TV or a digital TiVo with no cable card installed.  I suppose it is also available OTA.

The only reason I know this is that my TiVo premiere and the TV it was connected to got fried. I bought a new TV (HD this time) and found MeTV on channel 2-2.  When my replacement TiVo arrives, I will lose access this and other sub-channels unless I leave out the cable card or connect an OTA antenna.  Splitting the cable at this outlet is not an option as the signal strength is too low.

Contributor
lpwcomp

I did a search for Combat on my TiVo and have discoverd that MeTV is mapped to a digital cable channel, it simply isn't identified as such.  it is 248 WSBDT2.  makes sense as it is broadcast channel 2-2.

New Visitor
kylegg

Please bring back METV.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

kylegg, Asking Comcast to bring back METV won't do any good.  COMCAST DID NOT REMOVE IT!!!

For those of you who are mad at Comcast, your anger is misdirected.

Removing METV for those of you in the Bay area was not done by Comcast or any other cable/satellite tv company.

There is nothing any of them can do to bring it back.

METV was affliated with a station that was sold. The new owners will not carry over METV.

Maybe this will explain things:

The following is from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KFTY and there is more on this there. What I have included are the highlights from the page which talk about the switch from ME TV to something else.

Until September 29, 2011, KFTY featured programming from Me-TV and syndicated programming, as well as locally-oriented programming, including the weekday morning (6-10AM) talk show Armstrong & Getty (a radio simulcast from KNEW), "Headlines and Weather on the Hour" throughout the day (in addition to news every half-hour during Armstrong & Getty anchored by Elisha Rivers), the Sunday evening Sports Show, the community affairs program Your Turn, and the "go-green" program TV 50 Marketplace hosted by Nazy Javid.

KFTY was previously an independent station until joining the classic television network Me-TV on April 25, 2011, as part of an affiliation agreement with Me-TV and Newport-owned or -operated stations. Branded as "Me-TV Bay Area," KFTY aired Me-TV programming predominately during the 10 a.m.-11 p.m. weekday time block.

On July 28, 2011 High Plains Broadcasting announced plans to sell KFTY to Una Vez Más Holdings, LLC, with plans to affiliate KFTY with the Spanish-language Azteca America network; The new owners also have plans to change the station's callsign to KEMO-TV, which is the former callsign of KOFY-TV. On September 29, 2011, KFTY's affiliation with Me-TV was discontinued and programming on Channel 50 was switched to Azteca America, mirroring that of AZA-TV on KOFY 20.4. On September 30, the MeTV website announced it is seeking a new affiliate for the San Francisco Bay Area.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
Bobby-SR

Wow !  I guess someone at Comcast didn't like my post about the METV Network and the poor technical assistance received when calling in.

So much for freedom of speech on this site for a service I pay for.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

Bobby_SR, your post was not removed because it was critical of Comcast. If you look through the forum, you will find hundreds of posts which criticize Comcast that have NOT been removed.

Someone removed yours because it violated forum Posting Guidelines.

Forum Guidelines

(which everyone should read before making his/her first post) state

Please Don't

2. Use Profanity

Please keep your posts clean. Our forums have an automated profanity filter to block out inappropriate language. Please do not circumvent it by finding colorful ways to approximate or disguise those words. If you are caught trying to bypass the filters in any way, your posting privileges may be revoked.

Whether or not one considers the word you disguised profanity is not the issue. The word is listed in the automated filter database and when disguised the post will be removed.  I personally am not offended by the word you used and the context in which it was used. However, the filter does not distinguish context and that small word is often paired with another word, which is the forbidden word. So anything using that 3 letter word is flagged and is a no-no.

As far as free speech, which I firmly believe in, this forum is the equivalent of private property, owned by Comcast and Comcast has implemented rules for using the forum. The forum is used by many people with different sensabilities and we try to keep it clean because some people are bothered by the use of what they consider profanity.

Comcast tech support needs to be improved. The complaints I see every day prove that. 

Having said what I did in this post, this thread is not the place for a discussion about the rules and tech support.

You can start another thread about it and as long as it follows the guidelines the post will not be removed.

edit to add: don't shoot me, I am just the messenger.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
Bobby-SR

Queen-Evie:

Thank you for pointing that out. I didn't take the time to read the guidelines.

Contributor

Was thrilled that Boston was finally getting Me-TV, but while the Guide lists 'The Odd Couple' for 10:30, I tuned in to find a half-hour INFOMERCIAL. Jeez, couldn't that be fit into one of the timeslots currently filled by the John Denver/Elton John infomercial?

I want my Odd Couple. Come on, Comcast NE!!!

Bronze Star Contributor
grday

Was thrilled that Boston was finally getting Me-TV, but while the Guide lists 'The Odd Couple' for 10:30, I tuned in to find a half-hour INFOMERCIAL. Jeez, couldn't that be fit into one of the timeslots currently filled by the John Denver/Elton John infomercial?

I want my Odd Couple. Come on, Comcast NE!!!

=====================================================

That is not Comcast doing.   That is you local ME-TV over the air broadcast station.  The reason you can't see the Odd couple on ME tv,   is one of the other local stations in your area is broadcasting the odd couple.  It is a syndication rule.   Here in Indiana,  we can't get gunsmoke, bonanza, Hogan's Heroes om ME-Tv because it broadcast on WHMB40 and we can't get Cheers because it broadcast on WTTV 4.   They usually substitute another ME tv program.   Maybe the substitute program is also shown on another local station in your area, so that is why you got an infomercial.

New Visitor
sundaeodie

Please can we have METV?

Contributor
lpwcomp

sundaeodie wrote:

Please can we have METV?

Convince one of your local channels to carry it as a sub-channel.  It is not a direct cable feed channel.

New Visitor

I'm frustrated that MeTV in my Comcast viewing area, shuts down at 10 pm nightly for infomercials.  Why???  Previously, Retro Channel used to air past 10 pm at night, so it's not as if MeTV is ending at 10 pm so that Retro can take over.  Why are some cable system viewing areas allowed to watch its shows past 10, but around Boston this isn't possible--or can't be worked out?

Contributor
lpwcomp

italo9 wrote:

I'm frustrated that MeTV in my Comcast viewing area, shuts down at 10 pm nightly for infomercials.  Why???  Previously, Retro Channel used to air past 10 pm at night, so it's not as if MeTV is ending at 10 pm so that Retro can take over.  Why are some cable system viewing areas allowed to watch its shows past 10, but around Boston this isn't possible--or can't be worked out?

It's almost certainly the local "affiliate's" doing.  As previously noted, MeTV is not a direct cable channel and is usually a broadcast subchannel.  Comcast is just retransmitting  what the local channel chooses to show.

New Visitor
curt985

I am new here and I have just stumbled upon the ME-Network, I live about 25 miles outside of New Orleans. I got ME on a sub of Channel 6 WDSU (6.2) in N.O.. I have an Emerson HDTV LED TV, 32". This tv also has many other Subs, they are all on Basic cable on my tv. I have a 42" VIZIO HDTV tv which does not put up these Subs! And ME-TV is so much fun, it brings back, just like THIS TV and ANTENNA TV, memories, and I do get these SUBS on my Basic Cable and on the Emerson. Thanks for sharing!
Cable Expert
JayInAlg

[ Edited ]

Start first by doing another channel rescan of the digitial channels on the Emerson.

When digital channels get moved around or added, they are not automatically added to the TV, doing a scan keeps the channels up to date.

New Visitor
Davi8r

KCSO is a low power station broadcasting from San Andreas, CA, with studios in Modesto, CA. 33.1 is Spanish (Ch 25 on Comcast in Sacramento). 33.2 is MeTV and appears to have a great lineup of 60's regulars like The Fugitive, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Combat, Outer Limits, Lost in Space and another space-themed show starring that guy from Priceline.com. 

KCSO only has 130 kW. It is 131 deg from Sacramento, 60 miles away. I have a pretty good antenna, but can't receive it. I saw a post from someone in Davis, CA, who says he can receive it intermittently.

I, too, would love to get 33.2. Maybe Comcast will surprise us.

-- Dave

New Visitor
grulloc

I have no problem adding "me-tv" to the comcast lineup... but replacing the "more-tv" network with "me-tv" is a terrible move. more tv had much better programming than these shows from the 70's, and early 80's. i am exceptionally frustrated by this change of programing, and i personally dont beleive another tv network with outdated material is not needed. i realize this is my opinion, and there are many people that will disagree with me, but then again i was not even alive when most of the programs that are on me tv originally aired. best of luck to me-tv, but i will no longer watch the comcast channel 193, and 12 hours after the network switch, i am already sorely missing more-tv.  thank you for listening to my rant, and i apologize to anyone i offend

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Me and More are choices by the local TV station carrying them.  This is not a national cable channel and is not Comcast doing the changing.

Please contact the local TV station that is doing the changes.

New Visitor
Davi8r

Two weeks after posting "maybe Comcast will surprise us," MeTV Network was added to the Sacramento lineup. I realize that Comcast has nothing to do with these changes, but am happy for the addition. In this case, KCRA 3.2 became a MeTV affiliate on Monday Sep 4th. I believe this channel is the same as Comcast 193 in Sacramento. This is good news for fans of MeTV. The next-closest place to receive MeTV from is the San Francisco market, carried OTA on 20.2 by KOFY.

New Visitor
Sound_guy63

I want to switch to Comcast in SF, but was disappointed to hear from their customer service that they don't carry 20.2 METV in SF channel line up. I guess I will stick with DirecTV and OTA to get that channel...

Contributor
lpwcomp

Sound_guy63 wrote:

I want to switch to Comcast in SF, but was disappointed to hear from their customer service that they don't carry 20.2 METV in SF channel line up. I guess I will stick with DirecTV and OTA to get that channel...

Call them back and ask them what the heck channel 196, KOFYDT2 is then.

See here.

New Visitor

[ Edited ]

I quite agree, concerning TVLAND. It use to be a good channel, which played so many wonderful classic TV shows, but now it stinks. Like "Nick at Nite" it really really has gotten bad.

We get "MeTV" here in New Jersey, on Comcast (channel 249),  and it is a "GREAT" classic channel. I hope that it stays that way.

Contributor
singleman61

I want METV in the Detroit area....  I miss it since i switched to the "Better Cable Company"..  Please help......

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

From the list of affiliates, there are no MeTV affiliates in the Detroit area. Since MeTV is a broadcast network, you need a local broadcast station to carry it before Comcast can pass it on.