Visitor

Music channels

Can I operate the music channels without having the TV picture on?

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: Music channels

Yes, as long as the audio is connected to an active output device.  Of course, you'd need to have the TV on initially in order to select the proper channel.

Contributor
rsdotson9

Where can I find the music channels please?  They don't seem to be listed in the online guide. Thanks.

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

They should be in the guide.  Lineups vary by location.  Select the blue "Programming" tab at the top of this page, then the "Channel Lineup" dropdown, and enter your location information to see a list of channels -- usually the music stuff is near the end.

Contributor
rsdotson9

There is no "Programming" tab, nor any "Channel Lineup" dropdown at the top of this page that I can see.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

rsdotson, The post with which mentioned Programming/Channel Lineup dropdown was made in May 2011.

At that time there was a dropdown with those things.

Comcast removed it when the revamped their pages.

Use this link http://www.comcast.com/programming/channellineup/all.html 

View your local channel lineup.

It may not list each individual channel. My lineup gives the channel range.

801-845 MUSIC CHOICE

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Contributor
rsdotson9

Thank you Queen-Evie. Not checking the date on posts is a bad habit I seem to make a lot, Duh. In any case I finally found them by simply clicking around on the channel numbers larger than the TV listings. In my area they seem to start around the 900's and I am now listening to some relaxing classical music.

Thank you very much. I would encourage Comcast to make these listings more readibly accessible to customers for their convenience and even advertise their music offerings more widely, because for people like me who rarely ever watch any television at all except for the local news, the music channels are more important than the television offerings which are a vast wasteland, as Newton Minnow (then the FCC chairman) said several generations ago. I'm probably one of the few people old enough to even remember that statement, haha.