New Visitor
brett5355

NASA Channel

[ Edited ]

W/ all the zillions of channels why does Comcast (in Philadelphia at least) not have the NASA channel?  I think I could do w/o one Reality TV channel for this.

Thanks

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

Re: NASA Channel

New Visitor
MikeL24

I agree. Comcast please don't assume that everyone wants to see more Bachelors and Bridezillas. Put some intelligent programming on your system and hopefully you can inspire new generations of youth to aspire to more then MTV.

Contributor

I would also like to see the NASA channel on Comcast!

New Visitor
tahoedolphin

Just found out that they have NASA channel for HD. I see it on computer but would love to have on tv.

New Visitor
Dolfan0925

I live close enough to watch the shuttles launch from Kennedy Space Center and we don't get the NASA channel on Comcast.  How stupid is that.  NASA channel must cost Comcast a TON of money not to provide it.  However they are just now catching up with the amount of HD channels the dish companies have had for like 4yrs.

New Visitor
rafa1166

Has anyone ever received a reply or  heard from Comcast as to a reason why no NASA channel?

New Visitor
rafa1166

Why won't you answer the question of why no NASA Channel? It's free!

WHERE IS THE NASA CHANNEL - IT'S FREE!

COMCAST: ARE YOU GOING TO ADDRESS THIS QUESTION PEOPLE  HAVE BEEN ASKING YOU FOR MANY YEARS?

New Visitor
rafa1166

WHERE IS THE NASA CHANNEL?  IT'S FREE!

New Visitor
Tonsil

I also would like to see the NASA channel. I live in the Baltimore area and I cannot believe we don't get it. Just because the shuttle program is winding down, we still want to see coverage of the ISS, James Webb related coverage (whether or not it continues), etc. The educational programming there is without comparison... I want my son to have something to aspire to!

New Visitor
emueller

I totally agree with these dozens of posts - please give us the NASA channel Comcast!

The space shuttle program might be done, but NASA has a lot more to show us.

New Visitor
Will18078916539

Still looking for NASA TV on Comcast. Here's another customer who's being forced to use the Internet to watch Video. Comcast, your time is coming to a end!

New Visitor
celeph

I just recently switched to Comcast after my previous provider dropped AMC & IFC, but I wish Comcast would carry the NASA channel and more educational programming in general. With all the other sports, music, reality, shopping, specialty channels and different languages, there should be at least a little room for NASA and perhaps a few University channels as well. I can't imagine they'd cost them anything.

Contributor
kcormier19

Ill add myself to the list of customers that would like to see this channel added to the line up.

New Visitor
jep28

Please add my name to the list as well. I've been asking this question for years. 3 PBS channels (which I aslo love) and no NASA

New Visitor
tempuser99

Comcast does not appear interested in providing the NASA channel.  I'm trying the NASA TV app on my iphone.

Visitor
jet48

I totally agree that COMCAST should enable NASA TV to the lineup....  after all it is educational

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Unfortunatly Comcast doens't use the forums for channel addition suggestions. There is supposed to be a feedback link on the Comcast.com page that is also supposed to be used for channel addition requests.

But not many people have reported any success using that route.

Regular Contributor
robertmf

Re: Channel lineup

Addition of the NASA-HD channels to Sellersville, PA Xfinity.

New Visitor

NASA TV? Curiosity landing?

We have looked through all the listings and can't find NASA TV, either low or high def.  We have SCIHD (756) but the schedule doesn't show that it will be broadcasting anything other than regular programming.

One of my TV-savvy friends said "NASA TV is a cable channel. Some systems also carry the High Def version of NASA TV."  And another said "Most cable providers have NASA TV as a first tier option. I'd check to see if you have it."

Where can I watch this on my TV??

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Re: NASA TV? Curiosity landing?

[ Edited ]

Deleted 

Email Expert

Re: NASA TV? Curiosity landing?

Anon1288394 wrote:

Where can I watch this on my TV??

Isn't it clear from this thread that Comcast doesn't carry it?

I guess your "TV-savvy friend" is not savvy about Comcast.

New Visitor
A-bomb98

NASA TV???

NASA is a free channel and availble on many other platforms but not it appears on Comcast.  I am very dissapointed to miss the  Curisity rover land on Mars 

Email Expert

Re: NASA TV???

New Visitor
A-bomb98

Thanks for the post... still wish comcast carried it though 

Visitor
caldwelln

Just want to put down my request for NASA TV as well.

Regular Contributor
goaliebob99

You can always get a Cband Dish.  Its free on AMC15 and you can get it in HD if you have the right cband reciver!

Regular Contributor

Re: NASA Channel-seeing in HD (via Ustream and PC)

[ Edited ]

I have an i7 Processor on my PC and a RADEON HD 4600 series video card

I am able to port over full screen HD using this card and my PC (the HDMI/DVI cable)

I run it via a cable to my 47" SONY HD LCD TV

My Internet provider is COMCAST BLAST and there is NO CHOP; NO LATENCY from what I can see

FWIW I am running Windows 7 Ult 74 bit and 24 GB of DDR3 RAM

With a Gigabyte USB-3 LGA 1366 X58 motherboard

YMMV

GOOD LUCK

I know pricey vs COMCAST just carrying NASA TV but a good alternate way to watch

New Visitor
shadow431

Add me to the list.  Burien, WA needs that NASA TV channel.  I am not willing to pay for an HD Box but this added to the line up would make it a worth while investment.  I don't care about a fat hilbilly that eats road kill.  Show me NASA.

New Visitor
MaderaMD

I still can't believe COMCAST does not carry NASA-TV in all its formats!!!??? Some of their subscribers work at the nearby Goddard Space Flight Center.   You would think Comcast cares... With their proposed purchase of TW Cable they certainly must want to the merger to go ahead.   While I can watch it on the Internet I prefer cable format.  Come on'...  Be Patriotic and forward thinking.

New Visitor
Pirate305

HEY COMCAST WAKEUP!!! Where is the NASA Channel?? I'm sure you could dump some other sorry channel like MTV for something a little more educational for the kids. I mean who gives a C$#P about someones crib when Nasa Is launching a new Spaceship or a man is floating and working in space?!!

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

post by kctobyjoe removed because it violates posting guidelines.

Forum Guidelines

(which everyone should read before making his/her first post) state

Please Don't

2. Use Profanity

Please keep your posts clean. Our forums have an automated profanity filter to block out inappropriate language. Please do not circumvent it by finding colorful ways to approximate or disguise those words. If you are caught trying to bypass the filters in any way, your posting privileges may be revoked.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

Comcast in Tuscaloosa, Al. has NASA. I watch it on a regular basis and is a good alternative to the junk that networks call "entertainment".

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Regular Contributor

Thank you so much for editing my reply and wiping it out. I dont know every <ahem> profane word in the world but the word starting with an I and ending in T is FAR from profane...no freedom of speech at COMCAST; TYPICAL CORPORATE SLUG.

I stated that the average Joe who is woefully uninformed would rather watch Dancing with the Stars ot American Idol which the networks poduce for NEXT to nothing and I am sure are sold as such to cable companies etc...vs a REAL station like NASA!

COMCAST squahes dissent...HITLER live there ??? NOW I SUPPOSE HITLER is now profane!!!

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

The word starting with I and ending with T was not  the main reason  the post was removed.

You used another word which you disguised with a * in place of the 3rd letter.

I don't make the rules. I do enforce them.

For what it's worth, I agree with everything you said. Reality shows have taken over the airwaves. Networks which used to have decent programming jumped on the reality show bandwagon. 

Please check your pm's (indicator is on the top right corner of the page. Next to the small envelope icon will be a number which indicates you have unread private messages).

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
MaderaMD

I subscribe to Comcast and live in Anne Arundel County (Annapolis) area.  We have tons of folks who work at NASA-Goddard (Greenbelt), NASA downtown DC, and boatloads of contractor companies supplying satellite and propulsion services to NASA.  Still, no NASA TV.  (Please no URLs in response -- they're usually loaded with grainy Ustream  feeds). If Comcast wants to a clear avenue towards a merging with Time Warner Cable they would make a few more Representatives and Senators happy by carrying NASA TV.    What a shame  ...  

Comcast+TWC should equal a NASA TV feed.   Come On!