New Visitor
mabrus622

NFL REDZONE and the Sports Package

Last year, Comcast had NFL Redzone for free, both in HD and regular.  This year, they only had Redzone on for the first week and I couldn't get it last week.  So I called (waited for over 30 minutes on hold, btw) and was told that Comcast shuffled channels around and put NFL Redzone into what they call the "Sports Package" that includes 3 Fox College sports channels and some other channel that no one cares about, all for the price of $6.95 a month. 

So let me get this straight, the only channel I want to watch in the package is NFL Redzone, it's only on for about 8 hours on 17 Sundays out of the year, and it'll cost me $7 a month???  How about shuffling some of the channels like the Nickolodeons, MTVs, VH1s, Disneys, OWN, the G&L channel, and other stuff that I DON'T watch and make them pay channels, and maybe lower our bills a little??

I told the Customer Service rep that I can switch today to DirecTV and get the entire NFL package for free this year and she basically told me to do it because they refuse to budge on ONE CHANNEL!!!  Ridiculous!!

New Visitor

Re: NFL REDZONE and the Sports Package

So here is what you do.... Sunday morning you either order sports and ent package with your remote, or call, after the day of football, you call and cancel it. You will only be charged for one day, which is about 30 cents, maybe then Comcast will get the message to put the NFL REdzone back into the preffered package where it was before 

Bronze Star Contributor

I'm pretty sure there is a fee ($1.99) associated with package changes.  I'm sure the price differs depending on which market you are in. 

New Visitor

You are correct. There is a fee, but it takes a really experienced rep to remember to chage that fee

New Visitor

Comcast should just put Red Zone back into the PReferred lineup!!!

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

RedZone was supposed to be part of the Sports & Entertainment package to begin with as per agreement with the NFL when the whole NFL Network debacle a few years ago happened. So consider yourself lucky if you got it outside of that package.

New Visitor

Yes I remember that, I thought I had read online that the NFL network sued Comcast a couple years ago, stating that if they carried the NFL channel, why should they charge more for RED ZONE? Now that I revisit that story, it was in 2006, so Comcast is now probably doing what they want. Don't get me wrong, I am happy with Comcast overall, but do get tired of the Nickel and Dime processes that charge you. I refuse to pay 8.00 a month for the Sports and Ent package, when the only channel I would watch is RZ. Guess that is the great thing about choice...... Go NIners!!

New Visitor
suthern

I've had the Sports and Entertainment tier since '06 and have never had any problem with it..until today. I was watching NFL Network and the box shut off. Next thing you know, I kept getting directed to channel 300 when I pressed 286. The entire package is no longer seen on my guide. I've been paying $5.00 a month for this tier. I no longer see channels 256-299. Comcast reset the box 4 times with no luck. Now, I have to wait until Sunday for a tech to come out. I don't get how these channels are there one minute, the next, gone completely.

New Visitor
wspaul1

Oh stop crying....$7.00 a month for 4 mos.  You probably spend more at mcdonalds.   Redzone is the best.  

Just be glad it exists!!

New Visitor
KPS5696

that's what I'm saying if you are a fan then $7 a month extra is nothing.  Is this avail a la carte in some areas??

Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

[ Edited ]

All,

Sorry about the inconveniences. I have sent over your feedback and suggestions about NFL Redzone to the appropriate department. You can also submit feedback back by going to www.comcast.com click on customers click on contact us click on option 6 email Rick. 

Thank You
-Keisha-