New Visitor
Rafterman

NFL Sunday Ticket

Is Comcast going to make a serious attempt to secure the rights to NFL Sunday Ticket?

Direct TV enjoys a MONOPOLY that begs to be challenged in court. Comcast could make millions by wrestling Sunday Ticket away from Direct TV.

Recognized Contributor

Re: NFL Sunday Ticket

not gonna happen bro.

Contributor
kal8898

Directv pays a large amount to keep the sole right to the NFL Sunday Ticket... It's really not a decision on Comcasts part, it's solely a decision the NFL makes (and DIrectv, since they pay so much for that right).

New Visitor
Pocketpls

As I understand it, Comcast can have a NFL Package similar if not the same to NFL Sunday Ticket, they refuse to pay the price the NFL is asking for the rights to do so.  Its not something DirectTV has sole rights too.  Comcast does the same thing with MLB in lots of areas where interest is lacking due to locations of teams.

Recognized Contributor

The NFL is one of the greediest organizations on earth. If Comcast manages to secure any rights to carry Sunday Ticket, you can rest assured you are going to have to pay through the nose to subscibe to it. Direct TV subscribers already are. If Comcast isn't willing to pay the outrageous prices that the NFL is asking, then I compliment them for trying to protect their customers. 

Heck, if you're that anxious to part with lots of your hard earned cash, how about just sending some of it to me? 

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

directv has exclusivity with sunday ticket through 2013.  you can get it on your ps 3 though that option just became available but its 400 a season its cheaper to just go to a bar and watch what you want a have a few beers. 

Contributor
kal8898

directv still has exclusive rights to the Sunday Ticket, so comcast can't offer it.  as for getting it through ps3, it's expensive and it's internet based so the feed is choppy at times i've heard, not the same quality.

Recognized Contributor

Try NFL/Redzone in hd nice cheaper substitute,$7.95 for sports & entertainment package.Oh yeah no commercials !

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

Another thing that isn't mentioned is that local affiliates are hugely against Sunday Ticket as it takes away from local TV advertising revenue. That's one of the biggest reasons why its only on DirecTV.