New Visitor
snewcomer
Accepted Solution

NHL Center Ice

when will NHL center Ice become available? and at what price?

Recognized Contributor

Re: NHL Center Ice

Hopefully at a deep discount after the damage that was caused. And NHL starts Jan 19th so next week we should get some news.

Contributor
truckmeyer

The NHL should provide it free for the rest of the season for everyone.  Just my two cents.

New Visitor
ence

They probably would if they could! It is owned by inDemand and all providers would also have to do it free! ie: Cox, Commcast etc.

Recognized Contributor
medziatkowicz

actually the nhl controls center ice so they could offer it for free since it's only for 48 games plus some of the playoffs,

what would be nice is if they offer center ice PLUS the online package for free but we won't know until tomorrow at the earliest.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

snewcomer wrote:

when will NHL center Ice become available? and at what price?

A free preview of NHL Center Ice will be available to Comcast Digital Cable subscribers from January 19

through January 31. The NHL Center Ice package will be available for $49.99.

New Visitor

Re: NHL CENTER ICE PACKAGE

Ok...I'll bouce this back to the top...

Is there going to be any NHL Center Ice with the new 48 game season this year?

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

collinaddimore wrote:

A free preview of NHL Center Ice will be available to Comcast Digital Cable subscribers from January 19

New Visitor
gkrall

Is there or will there be a schedule that outlines what games specifically will be teleivised *after* the free preview?

New Visitor
Redwing_Fan

I am glad that Comcast is discounting the price for the Center Ice Package.  I plan to purchase Center Ice, but I noticed that many games are going to be on NBCSN, CBC, & NHLN-US.  Are these channals available on my digital Xfinity package in 06514 area code?  Or will these games also be on Center Ice?

Recognized Contributor

I think the games on NBC sports network are nationally televised and won't be on center ice Don't know about the NHL network games.

New Visitor
j-pgustafson

I have tried to purchase this product for my hubby. I am told that this is not available.

j

New Visitor
curllingguy

I think 49.95 for the NHL Center Ice package, is excessive !

New Visitor
VitDrache

collinaddimore wrote:

AS OF 01-17-13 @ 1020am, COMCAST was not selling the Center Ice Package.  Hopefully it will be for sale soon!  I can't wait!!!  It would help to have the offer up for sale by now...  just so the die hard fans can "get their tickets" early!!!

DROP the PUCK!!!

New Visitor
austin0

NHL network games are NEVER on center ice.  It is a wonderful way for them to try to make you also get the NHL network.  It made me miss about 10 Flyers games last year.

New Visitor
ftgelement1231

when will the NHL center ice package becomne availible in Calhoun GA?? It shows that its not currently available.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

VitDrache wrote:

collinaddimore wrote:

AS OF 01-17-13 @ 1020am, COMCAST was not selling the Center Ice Package.  Hopefully it will be for sale soon!  I can't wait!!!  It would help to have the offer up for sale by now...  just so the die hard fans can "get their tickets" early!!!

DROP the PUCK!!!

There is a FREE PREVIEW through the end of the month. You will be able to pay for it before the free preview is over. No worries, we will take you money, you can hold on to it for at least another week during the free preview.

New Visitor
Wfcap

There is not yet any sign of the Center Ice channels on the guide, and I am dying to find out whether or not the package will be available in my region (Augusta, GA). Is there any way to find out? Or will we not know until game time?

New Visitor
Dzruggie

Are they going to list which games are assigned to which channel?  I am looking to record my team but will not be home tomorrow....

New Visitor
mshrenk

Not sure if I'm the only one, but I can't seem to get the HD versions of the Center Ice channels and the games are starting here in Atlanta, GA.  Any one else having this issue?

New Visitor
Wfcap

[ Edited ]

Today I was told on the phone by Comcast that Center Ice would only be available in Savannah... Nowhere else in Georgia. Are you getting anything in Atlanta?

New Visitor
glrice

Well January 19th has arrived and the NHL Center Ice channels still show "not authorized, for ordering information press info".  what's up?

Contributor
AshTech

Also getting not authorized up here in Bath Maine. 

New Visitor
mshrenk

[ Edited ]

I am getting the 13 SD channels here in Atlanta, but not the 1 HD one.  Says that I need to subscribe.  The SD look awful, so Im not sure that it worth watching.

New Visitor
gmsh96

I also have the SD channels but not the HD and called customer service and told them and they had me reboot the box which did nothing and they did say they were aware of the issue and everyone was having it, but they seemed to have no idea if or when it would be fixed.

New Visitor
tbarger70

So, the games are being played. Where is this free preview? I'm getting nothing.

New Visitor
fbear23

2.5 hours of chat, phone calls and no general help (outside of the 1 hr of the free preview they were able to give me until it went back out...) so far...

Glad some of you are getting to watch hockey

New Visitor
fbear23

3 hr mark and I'm now told that the Free Preview is NOT available in all markets...

Missed that one on the Comcast page, the NHL Center Ice page, and EVERY forum...

Way to go Comcast

New Visitor
Ziomek292

Will there be any discounts if we sign-up for Center Ice for 2013-14 season as well?

New Visitor
Furion

What channel is the preview on??? I cannot locate it in my guide. Also can we order the package today or do we have to wait unti 1/31?

New Visitor
Racingmoose

Same problems here.  Spent over 2 hours in chat and on the phone Saturday and finally got the SD channels.  But nothing in HD.  Multiple service reps tried to tell me the HD channel is actually NHL Network.  They had no idea.  We've only been with Comcast for about a year but the service is very frustrating.

Contributor
Stoogefan65

There is supposed to be a free preview but it is not showing up. This is the second day the free preview is not working.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

AshTech wrote:

Also getting not authorized up here in Bath Maine. 

Apologies for the issue in Maine; the NHL Center Ice Free Preview should be working now.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

Wfcap wrote:

There is not yet any sign of the Center Ice channels on the guide, and I am dying to find out whether or not the package will be available in my region (Augusta, GA). Is there any way to find out? Or will we not know until game time?

Apologies for any confusion we may have caused. As you discovered, we don't currently offer the NHL Center Ice package in Augusta due to current channel space limitations.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

[ Edited ]

Dzruggie wrote:

Are they going to list which games are assigned to which channel?  I am looking to record my team but will not be home tomorrow....

NHL Center Ice schedules are available at the link below:
http://www.indemand.com/sports/nhl/

You cans also locate the channel numbers and game schedules on your on-screen guide:

Press the Menu button twice on your silver Comcast remote control. Select Find Shows, then select Sports, then Hockey. The NHL Center Ice package channels are labeled GAME 1 through GAME 14.

Not all channels are available in all areas. NHL Center Ice is not available in all areas.   

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

For those customers in Central Pennsylvania who reported issues with the NHL Center Ice Free Preview, the local teams are currently investigating that issue. Thanks for your patience.

New Visitor
sourceforce

NHL CI not working in Memphis.  I don't get any of the games right now.  Not sure why I care because the quality is far worse than normal HD.  All games are in HD on DirectTV, which unfortunately I can't get because of location.  Get you act together Comcast

New Visitor
adevandry

Why are there only 2 HD channels for Center Ice?  This was the same issue last year as well.  

DirecTV, Dish, Time Warner, etc, broadcast ALL games in HD.  For the same price.

Comcast, why do you continue to offer an inferior product after multiple complaints last year?

New Visitor
gnoseb

In Pittsburgh we are offered 2 HD channels for Center Ice. The channels are 789 and 790. However the guide will show an HD game for channel 790 but they are never shown. The games on 789 are though. Can you please answer why? Basically we are stuck with only 1 HD channel. Please fix this.

New Visitor
sourceforce

Comcast, please see the 3 posts above and explain the lack of HD.

Contributor
rkob0618

Same thing happening in Detroit area as was happening in Pittsburgh.  We are supposed to get HD on channels 769 and 770.  769 showed Chicago at Columbus in HD ...when I changed to 770, the picture from Ch 769 froze, then the screen went black.  Toronto/Rangers game started at same time, I got that game on CBC HD.  Also checked ch 770 at 8PM....830PM....no picture, just black screen.

New Visitor
aago19

I've been watching the free preview for a week and wonder why 90% of the games are in SD.  If you are trying to market this product you are doing a terrible job.  I would not buy the package with so many SD games.  I have center ice up north on directv and it is 90% HD.

New Visitor
Jnooble

I am in Charleston, South Carolina and cannot find any NY Rangers games on Center Ice or NHL-N. What is the deal with broadcasting MSG Network? I thought Comcast has a contract with/does air the MSG Network outside of MSG's local area. Regardless, how and where can I watch the NY Rangers v. Pittsburgh game tonight?

Contributor

Wow I have tried to get center ice from comcast and cant. 1-888 sports-in or 1-888-776-7876 goes to direct tv and they want me to change over to direct tv to get it SNAFU as always Comcast! I spoke to Scott at the customer service and he endede up disconnecting me.  I didn't want to go back and listen to all the adds and other stuff they want you to listen to that has nothing to do with my needs. Then wait another 12 minutes because they are so busy, I'm sure is't because they are one of the most complained about companies in the nation.  Can't wait till ALL TV will be internet based.

But for now has anyone been able to get Center Ice or have a phone number to NHL Center Ice that is for comcast?

New Visitor
Racingmoose

For those like me asking why Comcast only has 1 HD channel for Center Ice, good luck getting an answer.  Phone calls get no answer, online chat tells me NHL Network and my regional sports network count as 2 more, and posts on forums never get an answer.

I went through quite an ordeal to finally get the free preview of NHL Center Ice.  Now I see that Comcast has charged me for NHL Center Ice on my bill but the channels now aren't available!!

We tried Comcast and we're extremely sorry we did.   Looks like the customer service is non existant and they don't care about pleasing their customers.  Guess it's back to Directv.

Contributor

Worked my own problem out, I went to apple tv and I am using game center live. All HD and I can watch from different locations.  My first step removing cable tv. Very happy

Visitor

The last two years whien I subscribed to center ice Comcast also included the the NHL network channel in with the package.  Now it looks like they are not doing that anymore.  Also I have two HD channels for it, but one that was supposed to have a game on tonite just had just had a color bar display.  Not impressed with this good deal.  

New Visitor
Sharkinor

Why does Comcast offer 2 hd channels then not utilize them, on more then one occasion I am noticing multiple games being played but only one game in hd??
New Visitor
MoonDragn

Programming not showing up on Schedule

I have Xfinity's center ice and just recently the programming for some of the games are not showing up on the schedule of the channels. It seems only certain games showup on the schedule while others are completely left off. This just started happening within the last two weeks. Around the same time they put in the "We'll be right back" sign during commercials with that annoying music.

Anyway, without the programming schedule, there is no way to record the games on my DVR ahead of time. Please fix this. I'm in the Frederick MD digital cable area.

New Visitor
MoonDragn

Re: Programming not showing up on Schedule

I looked at the link posted by the Comcast Rep above and it looks like the games are missing from their pdf schedule too. I am positive the games will be available on one the channels, but it is not listed on that schedule.