Contributor

NO Local On The Eights Local Forecast Weather Channel

After 6 days of NO cable, pixelated TV pictures and painfully slow internet........finally fixed. Now I have suffered through 2 days of NO sound on the Weather Channel. Now the sound is back but the Local Forecast is Gone! What is going on? Comcast, you are really starting to stink in a big way!!

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: NO Local On The Eights Local Forecast Weather Channel

If Local on the Eights is not showing up for you contact the Weather Channel.

It may be an issue they have to resolve.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Contributor

Re: NO Local On The Eights Local Forecast Weather Channel

I am no longer receiving my local forecast. What happened to my local weather/LOT8s?

Your cable provider may be having a problem with their WEATHER STAR computer, the piece of equipment responsible for generating the local forecast and current conditions data. We might need to contact the system to re-set their STAR equipment. Please click the “Contact Us” link on this page and send the following information so we can research this issue. (Please note – only requests with this information can be reviewed):

This is what TWC has to say about that. It's Comcast's problem, again! But Comcast wants everyone to thnk it's somebody elses problem.

I am no longer receiving my local forecast. What happened to my local weather/LOT8s?

Your cable provider may be having a problem with their WEATHER STAR computer, the piece of equipment responsible for generating the local forecast and current conditions data. We might need to contact the system to re-set their STAR equipment. Please click the “Contact Us” link on this page and send the following information so we can research this issue. (Please note – only requests with this information can be reviewed):